DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 11 | Bulldogs v Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The comp is crazy at the moment (for ~12 or 13 of the teams anyway)
Plenty of the teams that have been losing or getting flogged have won the next week or the complete opposite.
Broncos are coming of an easy win, we are coming off a big loss, everything then should point to us winning or does it??

For and against aside, thanks to the inconsistency of the teams we are in 13th but only 2 points off 6th and 4 points off 4th.

Can we bounce back against the Broncos on Friday? Is Hodges and Prince still out?

Discuss

1. Ben Barba
2. Mitch Brown 3. Timoteo Lafai 4. Josh Morris 5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (c) 10. Sam Kasiano
11. Tony Williams 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Josh Jackson 16. James Graham 17. Dale Finucane
Reserves: 20. Martin Taupau 21. Tim Browne

VS

1. Corey Norman
2. Josh Hoffman 3. Jordan Kahu 4. Justin Hodges 5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Ben Hunt 7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday (c)
11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Jake Granville 15. Scott Anderson 16. David Hala 17. Jarrod Wallace
Reserves: 18. Dunamis Lui 19. Denan Kemp

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Henry Perenara

Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Luke Phillips and Justin Morgan

Last edited by a moderator:

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
finally a home game :grinning: geed-o-meter is running wild!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I hope Des is getting stuck into the boys all week, we need to win.
Broncos lost to the Eels and then beat the Titans who arent going well. So hard to gauge the teams.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck it sucks that we have to stay using Maths to calculate how to get into the 8.

I miss that feeling in 2012 when we were just winning games and the entertainment

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bakes I admire your passion. It has led me to question mine.

The Broncos will pump us by 40. They move the ball very well and will punish us on the edges.

Hasler will look dreary and miserable at the press conference, unable to offer any excuses for the players' performances.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Injured Brisbane five-eighth Scott Prince returned to training on Monday with no guarantees of starting Friday's NRL clash with a wounded Canterbury.

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin has several selection issues to sleep on before naming his side after Prince's five-eighth replacement Ben Hunt impressed in the Broncos' 32-6 win over Gold Coast on Friday.

Adding to Griffin's selection puzzle is the impressive debut of livewire hooker Jake Granville who caught the eye with his defence and speed out of dummy half, laying on the final try for winger Lachlan Maranta.

Griffin already had representative pair Ben Hannant (calf) and Justin Hodges (fractured rib) on the sidelines.

The last thing he needed was two more injuries to key players, veteran utility David Stagg (knee) centre Jack Reed (eye) on Friday night.

Hodges failed to train on Monday but medical updates on Stagg and Reed at least delivered considerably better news than expected.

Stagg was diagnosed with a torn medial and Reed a fractured eye socket and not a more serious detached retina.

Youngster Jordan Kahu, who has deputised for Hodges at right centre, could switch sides and replace Reed on the left against the Bulldogs if Hodges is cleared to return later in the week.

Hunt's strong showing against the Titans has put pressure on Griffin to give him another run in the No.6, especially with Prince recovering from a hamstring injury.

Hunt was sharp with the ball in hand and made more tackles (19) than any other backline player.

In-form lock Corey Parker says the nature of Hodges's injury makes him a week-to-week proposition.

"If you've ever had a rib injury, they are a tedious thing," he said on Monday.

"I'd say he (Hodges) will be alright but certainly Reedy, he's been a quiet achiever with his dominance in attack and defence on that left side.

"He'll be missed.

"(But) ... Jordie Kahu has been going very well and whoever comes in will step up."

Parker was one of many impressed but not surprised by Granville's busy debut.

"It's been a long road for Jake and he got his shot on the weekend," he said.

"I thought he brought a bit to the side."

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expecting a north koren nuclear missile rocket has been placed up the arse of the canterbury players using a wick as the ignition tied to a door Hassler is threatening to kick off its hinges after the 2nd half effort against the Knights.
Our starts have been poor this year. lack lustre attack. -What attack at times?
Defence has been worse than the mass turnstiles at central train station too.
Lack of maral..

After this big shellacking hopefully the players respond with a fri night audience watching on.

RaaYzR

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Knights humiliated us last year on a 3 match winning streak after 3 away games. We then had came out and put on a strong preformance but just fell short of referee carried rabbits team. The boys were just tired from all the travelling and need a rest to get back into things, we gotta stay positive and hope they recover well for the short turn around.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well the knights got thrashed by canberra and then came back and smashed us so it wont be a shock to me if we do manage to win. Parramatta managed to beat them although they had a few injuries.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure the boys are embarrassed about their performance on the weekend & will dig deep!

mani60cent

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It might look like we are low on the ladder but just a strong will from the dogs and 2 consecutive wins and then we are in the top 8

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
White men can jump, fix the wingers kick defence and put some kicks of our own up.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Im with you Bakes , its on again this week . What we have in our favour is many inconsistant teams in the middle of the pack .
Broncos will be hard to beat , with Trex out our team might take on another look

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Im with you Bakes , its on again this week . What we have in our favour is many inconsistant teams in the middle of the pack .
Broncos will be hard to beat , with Trex out our team might take on another look
They should be suitably embarrassed by that effort yesterday... I want to see more committment on Friday. It is time the boys put their season together on the training paddock and on the playing field. I want to see my expectations realised.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Fuck it sucks that we have to stay using Maths to calculate how to get into the 8.

I miss that feeling in 2012 when we were just winning games and the entertainment
The Best Days especially in the Streets of Belmore. When it used to errupt!

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds has been struggling with a shoulder injury all year, sustained in the Prelim. Final win against Souths. Remember. When he bombed a certain try by not passing inside, and was monstered by Inglis, with his shoulder in a horrible position. Barba is not Barba. Inu is a bad joke, again. Williams is not the saviour. Kasiano has not backed up on his stellar season last year. Other teams have improved. Sad, but true.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why doesnt our bloody trainer rectify the damn shiet level of fitness in our team. We look fat slow and lethargic. This equates to zero line speed and even less quick play the balls.
We use to be the fittest team in the comp. Nowadays we are struggling to play 80mins.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds shoulder is hurting coz he has too much money in his wallet nowadys and its very heavy carrying it around.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
2 days till we find out which way our season is heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.