DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 11 | Bulldogs v Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
They will win and win well. They will show the same kind of effort and determination the knights showed after coping a flogging a week earlier. Back at ANZ we will make it 1 from 1 in the alternative jumper!!

Please or I'm down at least a half a dozen cartons. Everybody at work looks forward to this game every year.

mani60cent

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I looked at the knights forums before the game.. they thought they were going to get smashed by us... shows that anything can happen.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except for Tim Lafai replacing the suspended Inu Hasler has selected the same side that that was humiliated 44-8 by the Knights. The only other likely change is Tony Williams being out with an ankle injury. Last week this side had no spirit and no pride in the Blue and White jersey they wore.

Against the Broncos if there isn't a 180 degree turnariound in attitude and commitment it will be the same result.

This us the 52nd year I've followed this mob and I still can't get my head around how and why they go out looking as though they expect to be beaten.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
With T-rex injured do you reckon Halatau will get more game time? he has been MIA this year and really needs to prove himself again IMO.
He was one of our best last season

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
T Rex and Klemmer unavailable, Taupau will probably get a call up, would like to see Romelo in the mix some time soon.
We are back where we were at the Sharks game, do or die week.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck it sucks that we have to stay using Maths to calculate how to get into the 8.

I miss that feeling in 2012 when we were just winning games and the entertainment
Why do you need a calculator now, but not last year when we were 5/10? It's only 2 points difference.

And no need to go grab calculator. We need 28pts to make the 8. We are on 8 points. 2 byes, 4 points. So we on 12points. 14 playing games, need 8 wins, probably 9 if we don't improve our F/A.

So basically we only have room for 6 more losses, 5 to make it without relying on other teams/games. Tough but doable.

Look at last year - this time we were only on 10 points. 2 byes, 4 points. So on 14 points. 1 loss from next 14 playing games.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/cleared-corey-norman-has-mind-on-clash-wit-bulldogs-number-one-ben-barba/story-e6frep76-1226649549872

Cleared Corey Norman has mind on clash wit Bulldogs number one Ben Barba

BRONCOS coach Anthony Griffin has backed Corey Norman to handle a fullback duel with Bulldogs sensation Ben Barba tonight despite the emotion surrounding his role in the Ben Te'o affair.

Griffin yesterday said Queensland Police had cleared Norman of any wrongdoing after a woman, Katie Lewis, accused his former Broncos teammate Te'o, now at Souths, of assaulting her.

The alleged incident occurred at Norman's Brisbane home last month.

The NRL's integrity unit has begun a probe into Lewis' claims and is expected to interview Norman and Darius Boyd, who was also present during the alleged attack, next week.

Griffin is comfortable with the Broncos' handling of the issue and said Norman had nothing to fear from an NRL investigation.

"Our player (Norman) has got no issue with the incident or with the police. Paul White (Broncos CEO) has been in constant contact with the relevant parties and he's dealing with that," he said.

"I understand the NRL are conducting an investigation, but from our end, Corey Norman has been cleared by the police and from our information which we've investigated since the incident."

Norman's backfield clash with reigning Dally M Medallist Barba will be a key sub-plot at ANZ Stadium and Griffin says his fullback's mind is on the job.

"He seems fine," Griffin said after Norman completed the Broncos' final training run before flying to Sydney.

"Corey bounced back last week with a good game for us (in the 32-6 thumping of the Titans) and Ben Barba is working himself into form.

"Against the Warriors, Barba was the difference in their comeback. He is building his game, so we will have to be good to shut him down."

The Broncos reported no late changes, with Justin Hodges cleared to return despite Griffin admitting the Queensland strike centre may not be 100 per cent fit.

"He is going to play, he has a little issue there with his ribs," Griffin said.

"He'll get some contact there (tonight), I imagine.

"He is pretty free, it has settled down a lot since the weekend, so we'll leave it to the medical staff."

Broncos duo Dunamis Lui and Denan Kemp drop off a six-man bench, with rookie utility Jordan Kahu to fill the left-centre void created by Jack Reed's eye injury.

Grand finalists last year, Canterbury are languishing in 13th spot but Griffin is wary of Barba and a forward pack that can play before the line.

Brisbane have lost five of their past seven games against the Bulldogs, including the past two encounters in Sydney.

"Guys like Barba and (Josh) Reynolds are dangerous and they have a big forward pack that plays a bit differently," Griffin said.

"They play with a bit of finesse and they have people who can break the game open with their sheer ability.

"They are an enormously powerful side."

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Fire up Boys! Need to get on a roll again.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On WSFM this morning, Jonesy won "fight for your flashback" with "Dogs are Talking" by the Angels. It brought back memories of when it was sometimes played after dogs games a few years ago, and got me revved up for tonight.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Going to the game with 2 broncs supporters tonight we better fucking win. I think we are going to get pumped but i hope we win.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except for Tim Lafai replacing the suspended Inu Hasler has selected the same side that that was humiliated 44-8 by the Knights. The only other likely change is Tony Williams being out with an ankle injury. Last week this side had no spirit and no pride in the Blue and White jersey they wore.

Against the Broncos if there isn't a 180 degree turnariound in attitude and commitment it will be the same result.

This us the 52nd year I've followed this mob and I still can't get my head around how and why they go out looking as though they expect to be beaten.
Same here Izzy. I'm beginning to believe that it's in our DNA to fall over the season following a brilliant performance. The Dogs just don't have the desire to play this year.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
On WSFM this morning, Jonesy won "fight for your flashback" with "Dogs are Talking" by the Angels. It brought back memories of when it was sometimes played after dogs games a few years ago, and got me revved up for tonight.
i was thinking the exact same thing. as much as i love S&D, i think this song would be far more relevant and people can sing along too :headbange

Status
Not open for further replies.