Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
40m out he actually put attacking bombs up and made it a contest instead of chip kicks for wingers to catch on the full, made me so happy.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also noticed he was giving T rex some decent ball to hit the line better. I think in the weeks to come Hodko will get better...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting better...

One thing he does well is give quick early ball to the outside backs

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought there was some improvement most definitely, I saw a different set play with another option instead of ball back to Ennis, went to Hodko almost created a try on the out side edges.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is fit we have to persevere with him. He is a natural halfback and can get the team going direct.

S

Submits

Good onya Sharpy/chip&chase.. recently gets banned on the BNW forums for 3 months for his crap, and bring it on here.
------------------
Anyway, did we really see attacking kicks by our HALFBACK inside the opposition 20? It was a great catch by Perrett, but that cross field kick from Hok was pin point perfect.

I thought he had a good match, and will be very very very angry if he is dropped for Keating who is apparently 'injured'..

It can only get better from here: We have a halfback now, Graham and Kas are back this Friday and Inu Rd 10.

Go the Dogs!!

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good onya Sharpy/chip&chase.. recently gets banned on the BNW forums for 3 months for his crap, and bring it on here.
------------------
Anyway, did we really see attacking kicks by our HALFBACK inside the opposition 20? It was a great catch by Perrett, but that cross field kick from Hok was pin point perfect.

I thought he had a good match, and will be very very very angry if he is dropped for Keating who is apparently 'injured'..

It can only get better from here: We have a halfback now, Graham and Kas are back this Friday and Inu Rd 10.

Go the Dogs!!
I agree with you, and I hope that Keating isn't really injured because if that's the case Des will be very impressed with Trent's progress.

scoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't know what to say about this guy. He kills me but so does red nut

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our attack was woeful ,just proves once again he is not a first grade half back.
glad we won of course but it was a embarrassing display
You are a joke mate, and an unfunny one.. in his second game in FG he outplayed KK all over the park... I am not sure if you were watching or your vision was blocked by your personal hatred and vomit inducing agenda.

BTW tell your source, The One that was spreading rumours about the dogs and their players 2 weeks ago, you know the Parramatta one, to shut his fucking mouth, and while you're at it you should do the same...

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did alright, his goal kicking was crucial too, couple of pretty difficult kicks, if its 14-8 and not 18-8 before the perret intercept, carney doesn't force that pass and it goes to the wire

some nice attacking kicks

one thing keating has over him is taking advantage of little half breaks, he just seems a little lost in those areas (keating aint a superstar there but still handy ), the morris forward pass to brown no try could have been handled better before it even got to jmoz

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully with Hodkinson back Morris can get some decent early ball and get into the game more.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully with Hodkinson back Morris can get some decent early ball and get into the game more.
thats more likely to happen once graham and kasiano are firing (don't expect that straight away )

neither keating or hodkinson are talented enough to create space by themsevles, but both will be able to get it morris if we create space in the middle and it flows out wide

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good improvement. He seemed nervous last week but was very structured this week. His bomb was too deep and you could see it from the look on his face after he kicked but it worked out well. Excellent goal kicking and some good short passing. Strong defence (not as good as Keating but getting there). Missing Keating in the long range kicking but if he gets his long range right ill be happy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hodko has a bigger boot that Keating though? Keating's penalty kicks for line get about 10-20m at most.

About the only thing Keating has over Hodko at the moment is that he's a left foot kicker, giving up right and left foot kickers in the team. Not that it helps when your left foot kicks land straight on the chest of a winger or fullback.

S

Submits

Good improvement. He seemed nervous last week but was very structured this week. His bomb was too deep and you could see it from the look on his face after he kicked but it worked out well. Excellent goal kicking and some good short passing. Strong defence (not as good as Keating but getting there). Missing Keating in the long range kicking but if he gets his long range right ill be happy.
His bomb was perfect. Gave the chance for Perrett to come at the defenders and have a good grab at the footy with some momentum.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Keating aint injured - he was dropped

Solid hit out by Trent.

Hope he remains injury free for the season and then everyone can judge him.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
hes def a lot more composed than what krippy is. i hope he works on his long range kicks a bit more. but he should do well this year esp now we're starting to get our players back.

and yeah im liking the attacking bombs as well. even if we dont score at least we have a chance to belt them into the ground much earlier.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What Hodko did against the Sharks was better than good. He was very tradesman like but the kick for Perrett's try was a ripper, a tackle he purt on a big forward coming through hard stopped what would have been chain passing raid and some of his runs wee penetrative. His kicking game needs improvement but now he's a lot better than KK.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How mad is his goal kicking
Never looks like going in but always does

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
His bomb was perfect. Gave the chance for Perrett to come at the defenders and have a good grab at the footy with some momentum.
It was fantastic in the end, but any NRL coach will tell you that a bomb needs to land before the line to prevent a 20m restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.