Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Our attack was disgusting but that's no fault of Hodko. His positioning was great all night, ran the right plays and had his forwards running the correct lines. Our 3rd try came off the back of Hodko switching play quick when he realized they were short on the right. Defense was awesome all game too. Hodko is our half back and his kicking game is something we missed badly!

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
His kick for Perret's try was the best cross-field, high kick (whatever you want to call it idkkk) all season for us tbh. Pin point accuracy, perfect height.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A solid game today.

Didn't know he could goal kick so well.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Was impressed with his goal kicking. Played well overall, but will see how he goes within the next few weeks. Hope he can find some consistency and its not a story of hot and cold.

He recently got engaged apparently, so good to see this is having a positive affect on his football as well.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Hodko today considering its his 2nd game back, we actually had a no 7 doing their job - keep him in there, he will only get better - if he gets injured then Romelo, Keating tries his arse off butt he's not a 7, he's a utility as back up if need be at best imo.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He recently got engaged apparently, so good to see this is having a positive affect on his football as well.
I can see Sharpy / ChipnChase at the wedding sitting at the back.

The minister goes "does anyone have any objections as to why these two should not be married".

Quick as a flash up he'll jump and say "I DO - He's not the right halfback for you sweetheart, Kris Keating is the halfback for you".

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Solid game.... Did well in defence actually put in some good hits and took on the line as well in attack, only 2cnd game back but has improved from his first up game which is what I really wanted to see, I really think he needs to stay and hopefully when our other two halves Bupa and Kas return we will see if his game benefits as KK's did.....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can see Sharpy / ChipnChase at the wedding sitting at the back.

The minister goes "does anyone have any objections as to why these two should not be married".

Quick as a flash up he'll jump and say "I DO - He's not the right halfback for you sweetheart, Kris Keating is the halfback for you".
don't think chip will say much for a week or 2.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hodko was good today.. Hopefully he builds on that.. our backline looked better with him in it..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Hodko has shown enough to keep his spot even if KK recovers.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played well , still has room to improve . For 2nd nrl game back he looked good

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes solid at best ,just a passer and kicker till we get a decent no.7 has no speed anymore

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was very solid today and his kicking game was pretty much spot on.. Being only his second nrl game in ages that's a top effort.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He played ok. Better goal kicker than I thought. Plays out to the left involved Hodko and seemed to go well whereas plays to the right that involved Reynolds seemed awkward for some reason.

At the end of the day, Hodko doesn't do things badly and some things pretty well. However, KK does a lot of things really badly and some things well. Hodko is definitely better for my blood pressure and my remote control.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played ok. Better goal kicker than I thought. Plays out to the left involved Hodko and seemed to go well whereas plays to the right that involved Reynolds seemed awkward for some reason.

At the end of the day, Hodko doesn't do things badly and some things pretty well. However, KK does a lot of things really badly and some things well. Hodko is definitely better for my blood pressure and my remote control.
Good way to put it!!

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully Des keeps him in the side and works with him, really glad he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.