What TV you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
50" pioneer plasma HD (1080i not even 1080p).
Weighs as much as my car and generates enough heat to spin a power generation turbine.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
50" pioneer plasma HD (1080i not even 1080p).
Weighs as much as my car and generates enough heat to spin a power generation turbine.
Weren't they 30k when they first came out?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man cave 65 4k Aldi job under 1000 .
While id prefer something a bit better , i cant justify a few extra thousand for playing battfield and watching a movie..
While you're judging people on TV what kind of sound are you running from it ? No point having a flash tv without a decent sound coming from it. Thats half the battle
If your speakers aren't krix your not in the game. Lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It'd wannabe, considering I could buy 3 modern tvs for what I payed for it
Thats the thing best to hang off these days.
Eg sharp? I think dropped an 8k 75 inch tv last year for $185,000 the 65 inch version getting rolled out in Japan next year for $75000 the year after will be mainstream at about $9000 by 2020 $7000 and by 2024 sitting out the front on a council pick up not worth a **** full of cold piss

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man cave 65 4k Aldi job under 1000 .
While id prefer something a bit better , i cant justify a few extra thousand for playing battfield and watching a movie..
While you're judging people on TV what kind of sound are you running from it ? No point having a flash tv without a decent sound coming from it. Thats half the battle
Do you know what krix speakers are?? Google them. Off the fucking hook. An australian made speaker company that cater to cinemas. Two smallish front standing speakers will absolutely blow the pants off of a yamaha set with a 12" sub!! Im not exagerating. $2800 a pair cost price.
My mate sells them, and also does home automation and instalation. They are some of the best made speakers in the world.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know what krix speakers are?? Google them. Off the fucking hook. An australian made speaker company that cater to cinemas. Two smallish front standing speakers will absolutely blow the pants off of a yamaha set with a 12" sub!! Im not exagerating. $2800 a pair cost price.
My mate sells them, and also does home automation and instalation. They are some of the best made speakers in the world.
Yep unfortunately ive destroyed quite a few also doing work on cinemas we had to break them so they couldn't be taken out and sold.
Pretty sure they were krix. The have some nice looking floor standing speakers but haven't heard them first hand.i think when you start getting into the decent quality brands your ears will decide which is best suited for you

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep unfortunately ive destroyed quite a few also doing work on cinemas we had to break them so they couldn't be taken out and sold.
Pretty sure they were krix. The have some nice looking floor standing speakers but haven't heard them first hand.i think when you start getting into the decent quality brands your ears will decide which is best suited for you
Oh now, sacrilige!!! For a small cone size the sound is incredible!! Never heard better.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upscaling is a fucken myth, lol.
If the signal you receive is 720p how can you make it 4K without the source file ?
Get a proper 4K tv and see for yourself. Even using standard definition Foxtel looks better on a 4K tv over a HD TV. 100% certain.

You won't see it on your Konka 50inch dot matrix screen

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ive got a big screen tv but its one of the old dumb ones ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.