What TV you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I pointed this out before, but I have a $1.5k Yamaha amp that 8 picked up off Gumtree for $300 (the seller just divorced his wife and was in a good mood). I have Javo series 8 surround sound speakers hooked up to it. They're about $4.5k brand new. Got them for $250 from vinnies. My other TV has a decent amp with $800 B&W speakers hooked up ($15 from Vinnies) and my computer has a decent amp with $600 Polk Audio speakers hooked up (found them on the side of the road)
I forgot to mention at the beginning of the thread that 2nd hand gear is no good. Why do you want someones rubbish? Ill give you an example.

Years ago i had this fake mona lisa painting that is used to use to block the dog off in the yard. It was in the garage of my rental property when the renters left.

My dog used to piss on it daily. One day i put th painting in the boot of my car to go throw it in a bin. A girl i was sort of seeing noticed it in my boot and asked if she could have it. I said take it. Next time i went over her house it was hung on the wall in her lounge room. My dog pissed on it every day for a few years.

Thats what happens to second hand stuff. Imagine what the previous owner did to those speakers.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Standard tv speakers. I dont like it too loud.
You got to get the basics right didn't George lucas teach you anything picture is only half of it you needs sound to back it up.whats your walls painted in ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I forgot to mention at the beginning of the thread that 2nd hand gear is no good. Why do you want someones rubbish? Ill give you an example.

Years ago i had this fake mona lisa painting that is used to use to block the dog off in the yard. It was in the garage of my rental property when the renters left.

My dog used to piss on it daily. One day i put th painting in the boot of my car to go throw it in a bin. A girl i was sort of seeing noticed it in my boot and asked if she could have it. I said take it. Next time i went over her house it was hung on the wall in her lounge room. My dog pissed on it every day for a few years.

Thats what happens to second hand stuff. Imagine what the previous owner did to those speakers.
That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read. It takes less than 10 minutes of testing to find out if there's anything wrong with speakers and amplifiers.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I've seen some retarded posts on here, but this right here? I'm done. See you guys tomorrow.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can someone find this cum guzzling queens older thread on home owners v renters?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd tell you but you'll probably break in and steal it..

So in that case.. I have a 24" monitor with IP TV.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read. It takes less than 10 minutes of testing to find out if there's anything wrong with speakers and amplifiers.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
No way you would buy used speakers, everyone knows that, do you know how many times the previous owner clipped them? Played them at max volume with distorted music. Kills speakers, prob had them outside in the elements / moisture etc.

Plus never buy from gumtree,it's where all the bums sell their scrap. If they can't even pay a small fee to sell what kind of rubbish must they have? Bums! At least buy from eBay, more proper people sell there and there is PayPal and a feedback system to weed out shonky seller and relegate them to gumtree. Come on bro, Gumtree speakers, are you pulling my leg? haha

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got to get the basics right didn't George lucas teach you anything picture is only half of it you needs sound to back it up.whats your walls painted in ?
Proper tvs have good sound already.

Because you have a $100 sound bar you bought on gumtree. think you have a cinema, lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good topic though isn't it, better than discussing the gay plebiscite

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No way you would buy used speakers, everyone knows that, do you know how many times the previous owner clipped them? Played them at max volume with distorted music. Kills speakers, prob had them outside in the elements / moisture etc.

Plus never buy from gumtree,it's where all the bums sell their scrap. If they can't even pay a small fee to sell what kind of rubbish must they have? Bums! At least buy from eBay, more proper people sell there and there is PayPal and a feedback system to weed out shonky seller and relegate them to gumtree. Come on bro, Gumtree speakers, are you pulling my leg? haha
High volume either damages speakers or it doesn't and when the damage is done, it becomes very noticeable. Rain/moisture is also noticeable as it warps the wood. Rain/moisture also has no long term effects on the speakers themselves, only the housings.

Also, you're saying that it's stupid to not pay a fee when selling an item?

Also, I never said I bought the speakers from ebay.... stupid... stupid... stupid.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proper tvs have good sound already.

Because you have a $100 sound bar you bought on gumtree. think you have a cinema, lol
Nah dont do sound bars am running onkyo 7.2 set up with 2 r26fs floor standing speakers ×2 in ceiling atmos with 2 ten inch subs and duel buttkickers its a nice tidy set up with room to grow

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
People mentioning all their "big inches" aren't really helping me with my situation :sob::sob::sob:

Status
Not open for further replies.