Storm sign Kasiano, Bulldogs to help pay food bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Lovely guy but does 5 silly things and 1 good thing in 28 minutes of footy!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude I blame Hasler for most things, but I think it's a bit of a stretch(mark) blaming him for Kas' tub gut and shit attitude.

The guy looked great for his wedding and within a week or to if the season starting he'd ballooned back to pretty much normal weight. That is not professionalism.

Des may not have been the best motivational coach but Kasiano's pay packet should have motivated him to work harder than he has in recent years regardless.

I don't think Des is the best disciplinarian, but silly to just palm off all the blame onto Hasler. Kas is supposed to be a professional too. Honestly getting rid of him is the one recruitment decision we've made this year that I like.

700k for 32 odd minutes a game. That is a bum deal if ever I heard of one.
He could have been best forward in the game. Such a shame. This one isn't all down to Des IMO.
I'd agree with you if it was just Kas.

Don't forget last season we died after 60 minutes every game

The game against cowboys up in Townsville in 2016 after 15 minutes our WHOLE team was out on their feet

The players credited the extreme heat this pre-season for their fitness and they have showed this year they are more fit

Match fitness is different to training fitness, And des gives some of our players limited time on the field (last 5 to 10 minutes of a game) and then when they are forced to play a hell of a lot more minutes than what they're accustomed to (due to injuries) We get on the backs of those junior limited minutes players for leaving a hole in our defence

Our bench rotation has ALWAYS been shit

It's des
It's des
It's des
It's des
It's Des!

That fuck conditions each of our players to the level they're currently at.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The games changed. Every year players as fat as kasiano become less relevant so I don't think this will really impact us like a finucane style player would.

Well I at least hope not

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't stop laughing at the media statement "Kasiano is the latest Bulldog to head for the exit as part of the club’s signing spree"...
Lol!
SIGNING SPREE!!!
3 players is a signing spree guys...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd agree with you if it was just Kas.

Don't forget last season we died after 60 minutes every game

The game against cowboys up in Townsville in 2016 after 15 minutes our WHOLE team was out on their feet

The players credited the extreme heat this pre-season for their fitness and they have showed this year they are more fit

Match fitness is different to training fitness, And des gives some of our players limited time on the field (last 5 to 10 minutes of a game) and then when they are forced to play a hell of a lot more minutes than what they're accustomed to (due to injuries) We get on the backs of those junior limited minutes players for leaving a hole in our defence

Our bench rotation has ALWAYS been shit

It's des
It's des
It's des
It's des
It's Des!

That fuck conditions each of our players to the level they're currently at.
I think Des does have done responsibility for denotivstong pkeyers for sure....but I can't ever remember Kasiabo bring that for tbh. Even in his dally m prop of the year season I font think he ran for 100 metres often. Around 80 was his average and Des had only just arrived then.

I can sort of forgive players for going backwards as Des has taken the team backwards, but up see Kas get into shape for his wedding and then to get fat again by the start of the season was just shockingly unprofessional imo.

I'm pretty sure I read stories around the time of his wedding that talked about a diet and working hard on the training paddock and stuff.

Nah I don't buy it. Sure the heat would have helped him lose weight, but there's no reason a disciplined player should have ballooned up again like he did.

I like the guy but think we had every right to expect more from him.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sorry i still can't get over this...

HOW THE FUCK CAN DES JUSTIFY PAYING KASIANO SEVEN FUCKING HUNDRED FUCKING THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS TO PLAY THIRTY FUCKING TWO FUCKING MINUTUES OFF THE FUCKING BENCH?!

IN WHAT FUCKING UNIVERSE DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?! HOW THE FUCK IS THIS IDIOT A ONE FUCKING MILLION FUCKING DOLLAR PLUS COACH? FUCK.
because, fucking Des and fucking Dib are complete fucked, that's way

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. BULLSHIT he took a pay cut. Actually maybe he did, but became the sudden owner of a new caravan and boat.
2. FUCK YOU BULLDOGS ... why are we contributing ANYTHING to his contract. If he's signed with Melb we terminate his contract and it starts afresh with them.
3. Hows the salary cap Melbourne? Was Cronk on $3 million a season suddenly?
Why should we pay some of his contract when both Parra & Dragons were prepared to pay more?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can sort of forgive players for going backwards as Des has taken the team backwards, but up see Kas get into shape for his wedding and then to get fat again by the start of the season was just shockingly unprofessional imo.
Has this actually been confirmed by anyone other than he "looks fat"?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of player's payments when they terminate the contract with the club they're at and start afresh at another club.

So... If the Dogs don't want the fat turd and the Storm do why isn't it up to the Storm to pay the full fare? But the good news is that he is going!

There is one other thing I would love to see in this deal is that Sam taps the other fat turd Eastwood on the shoulder and take him with him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Has this actually been confirmed by anyone other than he "looks fat"?
Confirmed by my naked eye and the eyes of many. Good enough for me tbh...

Do you think the club would put out a presser about how out of shape one of their players is? I'm pretty sure some in the media have noticed and remarked on it....

In any case he's never averaged 100m a game for us over a season, he struggles to play 40 minutes and you just don't convince me that he doesn't hold some personal responsibility for that.

If Bellamy does turn him into a beast and gets the absolute best out of him I'll admit this one is on Des too, but in the meantime, I'm thinking some of the responsibility rests with the individual and not just his coach.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Confirmed by my naked eye and the eyes of many. Good enough for me tbh...

Do you think the club would put out a presser about how out of shape one of their players is? I'm pretty sure some in the media have noticed and remarked on it....

In any case he's never averaged 100m a game for us over a season, he struggles to play 40 minutes and you just don't convince me that he doesn't hold some personal responsibility for that.

If Bellamy does turn him into a beast and gets the absolute best out of him I'll admit this one is on Des too, but in the meantime, I'm thinking some of the responsibility rests with the individual and not just his coach.
So you're saying it's not confirmed?

By all means let's criticize him if he has put on weight against the coaches wishes.

But we don't have hard facts in this case

Hard facts in that:

• Has he actually put on weight
  • Does des want him to put on weight
  • Does des want him for only limited minutes
By all means same thought process applies to my criticism of des but I've the added bonus that des has fucked every other player in our team

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you're saying it's not confirmed?

By all means let's criticize him if he has put on weight against the coaches wishes.

But we don't have hard facts in this case

Hard facts in that:

• Has he actually put on weight
  • Does des want him to put on weight
  • Does des want him for only limited minutes
By all means same thought process applies to my criticism of des but I've the added bonus that des has fucked every other player in our team
What came first? Kasiano's lack of motivation or Des? It's kinda like the chicken or the egg debate.

It's just a perception thing I think. I always feel Kas has been a bit less than he could be (though he has no doubt done some great things for us over the years) and I think all our media interviews are club approved. I don't think Kas would have been talking about how slim he was if Des wanted him to blow up again...

But no, nothing is confirmed...I guess only time will tell. We'll know more about who is right this time next year I guess.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Slimming Down can be done by anyone it doesn't mean he was ever going to be fitter. He probably just ate better for a couple of months. He smashes ciggies he will never be aerobically fit to play big minutes because his lungs simply don't have the same capacity. So functionally it's impossible for him to ever get back to 2012 even with Bellamy
Maybe Bellamy has an electro shock therapy program planned to get him off the darts and KFC/kebabs!

Unless Bellamy can work miracles and get him to make some major changes, I tend to agree.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will kill it under bellamy and show how much of a fraud hasler is
What a fkn joke. The whole situation.. letting kas go, hasler the fkn joke and bellamy absolutely laughin rite now!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What came first? Kasiano's lack of motivation or Des? It's kinda like the chicken or the egg debate.

It's just a perception thing I think. I always feel Kas has been a bit less than he could be (though he has no doubt done some great things for us over the years) and I think all our media interviews are club approved. I don't think Kas would have been talking about how slim he was if Des wanted him to blow up again...

But no, nothing is confirmed...I guess only time will tell. We'll know more about who is right this time next year I guess.
It most definitely is a wait and see. Although at this point I have no confidence left in hasler, none.

I'm actually missing a game tomorrow because I can't be fucked going and then also add that's it's against parra and I have no interest in going and freezing my arse off for the shit hasler is going to serve up

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Des Hasler came to the Bulldogs our CEO, Todd Greenberg made a very simple statement. It was something like this:

"Its great to have Des at the Bulldogs. I'll look after the running of the club's financials and Des will have charge of everything to do with football".

Well the result was that Greenberg pissed off to the NRL and Hasler has shit all over the football club. What a brilliant combination. A very big thank you to both of them for reducing a once strong and proud club to a fucking financial (salary cap) and football shambles.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
700K makes sense when you consider pay nuffies like Mbye 750K & TRex 650K

Status
Not open for further replies.