Rugby League Live 4 (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was about to buy it .i read a review and it was a dogs fan it was funny .but said the game is horrible

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing with rugby league games, is that you have to go into it with the lowest expectations. It's never gonna be at the same quality as FIFA or NBA.

Me and 2 of my mates bought it to weaken the blow. $25 each makes the game so much better haha

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Major issue is the game id legit broken lol.

Finished first season as be a pro and the game just turned off and displayed an error, tried to create a stadium and it turned off and displayed an error.

This hasn't even been rectified yet and it's a common fault.

A

Alexander the Great

Major issue is the game id legit broken lol.

Finished first season as be a pro and the game just turned off and displayed an error, tried to create a stadium and it turned off and displayed an error.

This hasn't even been rectified yet and it's a common fault.
Online is fucking painful. The amount of times it just stalls and goes back tp the home screen is painful

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I refuse to buy a rugby league game until they put a 'peptide' cheat in it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well the NRL are completely dysfunctional, so perhaps the game isn't bugging but actually realistic.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a good game once you learn how to play it properly, Takes time but once you understand it and play it with someone who also does it actually starts looking like a real league game.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a good game once you learn how to play it properly, Takes time but once you understand it and play it with someone who also does it actually starts looking like a real league game.
Generally speaking... if you have to give a game more than 1 chance, then the development team have failed.

There is a reason why beginners can pick up FIFA and feel like they have the played the game before. It is simple mechanics, based on a system that works.

A

Alexander the Great

Agree. Best game they have made to date just needs some tweaking.
Kicking for touch still is 50/50 for me...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Generally speaking... if you have to give a game more than 1 chance, then the development team have failed.

There is a reason why beginners can pick up FIFA and feel like they have the played the game before. It is simple mechanics, based on a system that works.
EA have tuned Fifa into a money making machine for that reason. There are heaps of problems in the game but the fact a casual can pick up the game and perform reasonably well just draws so many people in. Fifa Ultimate team has made over $800m this Fifa and will likely make over $1bn in fifa 18. I rage so much playing it but i just can't stop lol.

A

Alexander the Great

Ok so should i roll the dice and buy the ****?
I have been playing for a few hours every night and not sick of it yet... feels like a huge upgrade from 3.

Love the big hits you can put on that will dislodge the ball from the player taking a hit up.
The Chip and chase is a another feature i enjoy a lot.

Belmore stadium looks pretty legit as well.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My biggest problem with the game is that nearly every big hit forces a knock on.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I have had all of the NRL games and never overly to impressed, I just buy them cause I love Rugby League. This game is ok TBH. I feel like a lot of people aren't liking it to much because its not an easy game and you can't score of every play. You have to use use tactics, like run at tired players to make meters and get penalties, sprint only when its the right time, offload when its the right time, use space when there is enough of it. Haven't really lost the ball on every big hit, I tend to loose the ball when my player whose energy is low get pumped by someone whose energy is higher. Graphics are great and its a decent game to play to kill time and have fun. Its by far the best NRL game to come out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.