Rugby League Live 4 (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They must be getting fake people to review the game as I'm seeing a lot of positive comments and "best rugby league game hands down" comments thrown around elsewhere.

Graphics need to be sharpened... game looks like its too "fuzzy"... and its inexcusable to recycle 12 year old sound clips.

RLL4 is nothing but a cash grab.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They must be getting fake people to review the game as I'm seeing a lot of positive comments and "best rugby league game hands down" comments thrown around elsewhere.

Graphics need to be sharpened... game looks like its too "fuzzy"... and its inexcusable to recycle 12 year old sound clips.

RLL4 is nothing but a cash grab.
Not sure. If you read the Whirlpool forums and the Developer forums they're pretty much ripping into them with everything they have.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i got it. 3/10.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it an improvement on #3?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I will never buy a league game unless it's made by EA Sports.

Every league game I've played looks and feels like it was made by a 12 year old.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rugby League 2 was the best, followed by ETs Rugby League and ARL 96.

Everything else (pretty much since Sidhe/BigAnt/TruBlu) went to this new control system, has been shithouse.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ive actually found that rll3 on pc (with xbox controller) is great and def the best rl game ive played. I only play career though, as a fullback. Controls are a lot easier to master as 1 player as opposed to playing the whole team. The ai arent as stupid at higher levels. Funny on easy mode though, defenders will run away from u instead of tackle u at times. If u didnt play pro mode u probably thought the ai were hilarious. Maybe the pc version was better i dont know, i never played it in console. Its not perfect but its a great game imo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rugby League 2 was the best, followed by ETs Rugby League and ARL 96.

Everything else (pretty much since Sidhe/BigAnt/TruBlu) went to this new control system, has been shithouse.
Nope. Nothing beats ETs. Greatest game of all time. Graphics and audio were second to none.

The audio seriously cracked me up. You couldn't tell if he was saying "Kick off" or "Fuck off"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off about the new games is the constant need to push forwards on the controller to run. Farking annoying.

Plus the keyboard controls of RLL2 were SO much better despite more limited options.

Nope. Nothing beats ETs. Greatest game of all time. Graphics and audio were second to none.

The audio seriously cracked me up. You couldn't tell if he was saying "Kick off" or "Fuck off"
HAHAHAHAH same!!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole gaming engine they use for the RLL series needs to be scrapped. There are simple concepts of the game that Tru Blu just do not get.

Support plays, sweeps and just the little intricacies of RL that make it great - none of it exists. It's such a clunky series.

Unless EA do a RL game, I won't be buying it.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone want to play an online game with me? I have a PS4 and my psn name is the same as my kennel name.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will never buy a league game unless it's made by EA Sports.

Every league game I've played looks and feels like it was made by a 12 year old.
I don't know what's worse: playing the latest game or watching desball.

Status
Not open for further replies.