Rugby League Live 4 (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Announced 2 weeks ago. PS4 and XB1 only, no PC this time around.

Hopefully they fixed the shitfest of a control system this time around (the controls to make the player run by pushing fowards was completely braindead!!!).

http://www.nrl.com/rugby-league-live-4-due-for-2017-release/tabid/10874/newsid/106558/default.aspx

The National Rugby League, in conjunction with Tru Blu Entertainment and game developer Big Ant Studios, have today confirmed the latest title in the acclaimed Rugby League Live series is due to be released in 2017.

Rugby League Live 4 is currently in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC Steam.

Home Entertainment Suppliers Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo, was looking forward to fans enjoying the next iteration of one of the most entertaining Australian games on the market.

"Rugby League Live 4 continues to build on solid foundations with new features including custom Logo and Stadium Creation, and the most realistic NRL player likenesses ever featured in a game," said Mr Giompaolo.

"Big Ant Studios have taken the game to a whole new level, not just visually, but also with exciting gameplay and tactical improvements.

"A greater attention to the finer details and intricacies of the sport, along with precise refinements to the controls, and even more depth to the career mode, will help make this the best Rugby League video game to date."

NRL General Manager of Consumer Business Shaun McMartin recognised the value of video games and their influence at the grass roots of the sport itself.

"The Rugby League Live series of video games not only lets our fans interact and have fun with a great representation of the sport, but also helps increase attention and interest for the younger generations," Mr McMartin said.

"The NRL is pleased to be associated with the next great title, Rugby League Live 4."

Rugby League Live 4 is set for release in 2017.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trailer Released ...

Fergo looks like a sexual predator coming down the tunnel so that likeness in bang on.

Cameron Smiths eyes are glazed over too whilst Cordner looks bizzare.

Apparently the graphics are largely unfinished though and have a way to come yet.

Player models look FAR better though.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would consider waiting until the price comes down but the last one is still over $70 everywhere. I will wait for reviews though 'cause I'm fully expecting it to be as crap as the last few versions.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It looks exactly the same as the last one. How about 'defense is out the door' line in the Origin preview by an English commentator

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill get it if the battfield crew jump on just another laugh

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trailer Released ...

Fergo looks like a sexual predator coming down the tunnel so that likeness in bang on.

Cameron Smiths eyes are glazed over too whilst Cordner looks bizzare.

Apparently the graphics are largely unfinished though and have a way to come yet.

Player models look FAR better though.
The games done. What you see in that video is finished. Release is 28th July

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The games done. What you see in that video is finished. Release is 28th July
Apparently not according to (I think it was) Ross from Big Ant.

Crowds and Fields are not fully textured yet... that's also why there isn't a gameplay video yet.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I only enjoyed the first 1 that was on ps2 and xbox, tried one on 360 and it was trash.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I only enjoyed the first 1 that was on ps2 and xbox, tried one on 360 and it was trash.
On the day of the 2004 grand final I set up a game of AI vs AI, Bulldogs vs Roosters. Sat back and watched it and the Bulldogs won by 4 points. I considered it an omen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently theres a bug in the game where in the Bulldogs squad you can't get rid of Michael Lichaa from the #9 jersey and he never gets injured.

Nothing will top et's rugby league. Game came out in fucking 1990 and had set plays in it. Yet these ***** can't manage it
Rugby League 2 for me.. ET's second.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still a360 user so I'm not sure if I'll update consoles to get this game. I tend to wait 1-3 years after consulted come out to eliminate early teething issues and so I can pick up games cheaply. I hate partying new prices for games that tend to be me once I finish the story content. Sporting games are different, but I only tend to play driving or soccer games. Not many other codes interest me.

I've found with all the league games on 360 that the field didn't quite feel wide enough with game play. And aside from that I was disappointed that you can't manage all three main grades. Developing players and managing a whole club is a big part of how I enjoy sporting games. The other issue is that salaries go up too quickly on players. The graphics look decent on this, but I honestly think that the game play in every release could have been better. Switching between defenders has always felt like you kill the defensive line. For single player games I'd like for them to give an option where you can pause for a moment to select the defender you want rather than the closest player to the ball who is often 2 seconds behind where a pass started from.

I'll wait on some reviews after this comes out to decide if its new console time. I don't tend to spend much time gaming anymore so sending loads on games and the console isn't a life priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.