Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I can see the dogs playing cowboys into form and getting pumped...somethings gota give. Pay wont last the year

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from JMK those other bench players have collectively played prob 80 minutes if that lol
And.......... you might be missing my point that Pay is in fact trying different players and existing players in different positions to get a gauge on their ability, but unlike most on here he is giving them more than 10 minutes to prove themselves. I'm sure a few more will get a shot during the season, particularly if the ones we have don't come good but he won't be doing everything by round 10 because ultimately coaches are measured on wins and without getting a few of them he will be out the door all too quick. If he inherited a squad like Robbo and Maguire did when they started he would be 4-1 by now and cruising.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It does appear that we are more reluctant to "sack" or replace out of form players than other clubs. Perhaps unlike other clubs it is because we don't have depth, but then again players are more likely to preform if their job is on the line, or in case of ISP players if they think that they have a reasonable chance of promotion. What I'm hoping for is that the coaching staff is giving the likes of Lewis, To'omga,Olive, Martin,Okumbor,Smith,Ogden,Nelson,Bergamin more time to develop. After all aspiring young ISP player should see it as a opportunity to hone their skills. On a positive note the recent success of our ISP team is a very good sign in my book.
Really? Canberra were 0-4 and had dropped 2 players, Eels 0-5 and dropped no-one, Cows 1-4 and dropped no-one. Bottom line is just about every coach keeps the squads intact early in the season to see if what they worked on during the off season will gel or not.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone know who got on the plane ??

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And.......... you might be missing my point that Pay is in fact trying different players and existing players in different positions to get a gauge on their ability, but unlike most on here he is giving them more than 10 minutes to prove themselves. I'm sure a few more will get a shot during the season, particularly if the ones we have don't come good but he won't be doing everything by round 10 because ultimately coaches are measured on wins and without getting a few of them he will be out the door all too quick. If he inherited a squad like Robbo and Maguire did when they started he would be 4-1 by now and cruising.
My point is Pay has no idea (yet) how to rotate a bench

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My point is Pay has no idea (yet) how to rotate a bench
don't understand the point you are trying to make. Who are the better players Klemm/Woods/RFM or Tualau/Fualolo/Fine? What coach in their right mind wouldn't be maximising the time of their best players on the paddock? If your point is about who he selects on the bench then again I don't understand it. In 5 rounds he has used about 10 different players on the bench so how many does he have to use and still maintain some sort of cohesion? In fact I don't recall the same bench being used 2 weeks in a row. It's all good a well when you have internationals and Origin players on the bench you can call on but we don't. We have a bunch of second graders and at a stretch promising young blokes who are trying to establish themselves. Not a lot to pick from is there....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Incoming whingeing because elliot is at lock. Who else should be there? if it was fualolo there'd be the complaints that the bench has no impact
Finnucane ? Taupau ?
Thanks des, you fuck.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What and call in Dymock.
We shoulda rolled with Dymock. He was always tactically sound, it’s just that des controlled everything.

Pay has been brainwashed by loser Ricky.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I missing something with Elliott!!
To me his play this year has been the worst performance I have seen by a forward in a Canterbury jersey I think since 2008.
Yes that includes Trex.
He got hooked after 20 minutes last week.
Does anybody see any redeeming features in Adam's game to justify his selection as starting lock??
He couldn't possibly be as bad as Dorothy the Dinosaur!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When was the last time we beat Cowboys? I seriously cannot remember

Status
Not open for further replies.