Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The more Pay keeps picking these shit teams the more respect i lose for him

Bellamy dropped his first string halfback Croft for Jacks, he wasnt happy with his form so he dropped him
Cleary is 4-1 and wasnt happy with Lolohea so he drops him

Most of our team is fucking shit and yet he keeps same team, when we have so many players playing awesome footy in NSW cup. Thats the difference between top coaches and the rest..
Tell me about it... most they guys have been crap last season too... so much for the bulldogs culture, the only culture I see now is a 30% winning rate and being soft as... it's just do depleting knowing we're in for another crap game and have our asses handed to us again :persevere::rage:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tell me about it... most they guys have been crap last season too... so much for the bulldogs culture, the only culture I see now is a 30% winning rate and being soft as... it's just do depleting knowing we're in for another crap game and have our asses handed to us again :persevere::rage:
Its fine to drop under performing players, but only do that if you have someone better to take their place.
Where are these good replacements?
Dean Pay has been in the game all his life at a top level. He knows what he has to work with.
He has little room under the cap, and is stuck with Super-coaches team.
Cut him some slack. Most posters on here only have experience from watching on TV.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its fine to drop under performing players, but only do that if you have someone better to take their place.
Dean Pay has been in the game all his life at a top level. He knows what he has to work with.
Cut him some slack. Most posters on here only have experience from watching on TV.
What a load of crap response. We have a shitload of players in NSW cup who deserve a shot at FG more than these clowns do.
Just because Pay played FG doesnt make him a smart coach and a better judgement of players.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, surely there is someone in the club can play lock with some form of effective offload? A lock needs to be dominate and off load well, we have not had that for how long now? Just an example of the frustration I and many feel. Montoya and Hoppa side to be dominated again...

How much worse can the guys in reserve grade be? We keep watching a team that struggles to score points and has no speed. How we have little room under the cap with this squad speaks volumes about the clueless bastards that ran or running Canterbury and have made a mockery of this once proud club.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, surely there is someone in the club can play lock with some form of effective offload? A lock needs to be dominate and off load well, we have not had that for how long now? Just an example of the frustration I and many feel. Montoya and Hoppa side to be dominated again...

How much worse can the guys in reserve grade be? We keep watching a team that struggles to score points and has no speed. How we have little room under the cap with this squad speaks volumes about the clueless bastards that ran or running Canterbury and have made a mockery of this once proud club.
I feel ya pain bro

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The more Pay keeps picking these shit teams the more respect i lose for him

Bellamy dropped his first string halfback Croft for Jacks, he wasnt happy with his form so he dropped him
Cleary is 4-1 and wasnt happy with Lolohea so he drops him

Most of our team is fucking shit and yet he keeps same team, when we have so many players playing awesome footy in NSW cup. Thats the difference between top coaches and the rest..
And do we have a Ryley Jacks in the reggies? No. do we have a David Noafaluma in the reggies? No. You see that's the difference. The idea is you drop a non-performing player for a better performing one. We don't have any. Everyone is walking around with tears in their eyes over Lewis. Please. He is at his very best a benchie. So let's drop Mbye and bring in Holland. That will fix things. How about we drop JMK who is a kid on the rise and replace him with.....oh wait who again? Perhaps the MOTM from the reggies for last week. A kid called Frawley..... Pay is quietly moving players around looking for combinations and everyone on here is looking for a bloodbath because it works in Supercoach. Give me a break. Ever heard of synergy or teamwork or combinations? Its not a PS4 game.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have got nothing but respect for those that make the NRL and want nothing but success for them and their family but I wouldn’t advise family of players to go on social media and forums especially of that team the family member plays for hahaha. If they do it’s kinda on them if they read things about the player
But not on the person/people who write this crap.....mmm interesting perspective.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

If Woods got fitter, increased his effort and energy off the ball, id be intruiged to see how he could go at lock... but sadly i dont see him putting that effort in ever...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is the best lock at the Club, case closed. I dont watch enough ISP to call anyone up, but im sure if there was they'd be here.
How is Burr going, was big wraps on him. Martin?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson is the best lock at the Club, case closed. I dont watch enough ISP to call anyone up, but im sure if there was they'd be here.
How is Burr going, was big wraps on him. Martin?
I doubt Burr will play first grade again he’s just a run of the mill ISP player and on his day he can have terrible hands.

Martin has really started to warm into the season I think the World Cup took a lot out of him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a load of crap response. We have a shitload of players in NSW cup who deserve a shot at FG more than these clowns do.
Just because Pay played FG doesnt make him a smart coach and a better judgement of players.
Maybe you are right about Pay. But I would trust his judgement before some keyboard warrior who has only seen the game on TV.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And do we have a Ryley Jacks in the reggies? No. do we have a David Noafaluma in the reggies? No. You see that's the difference. The idea is you drop a non-performing player for a better performing one. We don't have any. Everyone is walking around with tears in their eyes over Lewis. Please. He is at his very best a benchie. So let's drop Mbye and bring in Holland. That will fix things. How about we drop JMK who is a kid on the rise and replace him with.....oh wait who again? Perhaps the MOTM from the reggies for last week. A kid called Frawley..... Pay is quietly moving players around looking for combinations and everyone on here is looking for a bloodbath because it works in Supercoach. Give me a break. Ever heard of synergy or teamwork or combinations? Its not a PS4 game.
Like Ryley jacks is a proven player??? Bellamy still dropped Croft to give Jacks a go.

Nofo was dropped even though he has proven over the years he is a quality player. And he kept Corey thompson and DMZ there even though they are inferior players.

LEWIS is fucking shit
HOLAND is shit
MBYE needs to stay there, anyone who thinks he needs to be replaced needs to be put down.
JMK is shit, yet Cleeland wont get a shot even though Georgallis himself has praised him over the years and stated he is amazed he hasnt had a shot at FG
Pay has so many forward options available yet still sticks with Elliot.

Pay has done pretty much fuck all this year so far. Its not his fault he got this squad and i dont want him gone and willing to give him the opportunity to build a club. But for fucks sake, fix what is obviously broken.

Try another 5/8 ie Cleeland, if he fails as a player at least he had the chance like the shithead Frawley and JMK. Jackson to lock, Martin to 2nd row. Try something. Fuck off Elliot..

This is Pays chance to try every player available snd see if he could find a diamond in the rough... we arent going to win premiership this year so try something.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Like Ryley jacks is a proven player??? Bellamy still dropped Croft to give Jacks a go.

Nofo was dropped even though he has proven over the years he is a quality player. And he kept Corey thompson and DMZ there even though they are inferior players.

LEWIS is fucking shit
HOLAND is shit
MBYE needs to stay there, anyone who thinks he needs to be replaced needs to be put down.
JMK is shit, yet Cleeland wont get a shot even though Georgallis himself has praised him over the years and stated he is amazed he hasnt had a shot at FG
Pay has so many forward options available yet still sticks with Elliot.

Pay has done pretty much fuck all this year so far. Its not his fault he got this squad and i dont want him gone and willing to give him the opportunity to build a club. But for fucks sake, fix what is obviously broken.

Try another 5/8 ie Cleeland, if he fails as a player at least he had the chance like the shithead Frawley and JMK. Jackson to lock, Martin to 2nd row. Try something. Fuck off Elliot..

This is Pays chance to try every player available snd see if he could find a diamond in the rough... we arent going to win premiership this year so try something.
Well seeing as Jacks is a 26 year old 5/8 and Crofts is a 20 year old half it really isn't that surprising that Bellamy went with Crofts first is it? Perhaps you don't remember how well Crofts went last year. He owned the spot whenever Cronk was away but even Bellamy said he didn't expect Crofts to be there all season as he is too young and inexperienced and guess what he isn't. Nofo was dropped due to attitude not ability. Big thing though is that he has been toying with the opp in the reggies and with Tui battling a crook knee Cleary has the luxury of moving his deck chairs and not losing quality. We dump a player and we go backwards. Wholesale changes to our squad will do nothing more than send us further down the hole as the players that are left will not be able to build up the combo's we are looking for. So far this year we have used Frawley, JMK, Tualau, Fine and Brown. That's 5 different players in the first 5 rounds. Add in Foz and Woods and that's 7 and still everyone on here thinks we need to make changes.....give me a break. The one thing you can take to the bank is that the team that uses the most players during a season is the one that gets the spoon.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one thing you can take to the bank is that the team that uses the most players during a season is the one that gets the spoon.

This statement is not an accurate account of events in the context of this discussion, as this is usually because of quality first graders being replaced due to injury. Not due to players being dropped due to form..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its actually a really point.
Round 1 v Mel - defending premiers out to prove a point without Cronk
Round 2 v Roosters - lose the week before to Tigers
Round 5 v Raiders - team trying avoid 5 loses
now we have the cowboys and Thurston being questioned

the rugby league gods are against us
Round 7 v Just watch the Rotters this thursday they will take it easy and save themselves against the Rabbits just to be at there best against us.
The rosters always put in a supper performance against us.
If it is going to be ugly against the Cows, I'd hate to see what the score will be against the rotters.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland on the bench is just retarded even des wouldnt do that

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland on the bench is just retarded even des wouldnt do that
I’m pretty sure Des did do it last year. He definitely put Stanley on there and I think Holland had a couple of games on the bench too.

Status
Not open for further replies.