Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And do we have a Ryley Jacks in the reggies? No. do we have a David Noafaluma in the reggies? No. You see that's the difference. The idea is you drop a non-performing player for a better performing one. We don't have any. Everyone is walking around with tears in their eyes over Lewis. Please. He is at his very best a benchie. So let's drop Mbye and bring in Holland. That will fix things. How about we drop JMK who is a kid on the rise and replace him with.....oh wait who again? Perhaps the MOTM from the reggies for last week. A kid called Frawley..... Pay is quietly moving players around looking for combinations and everyone on here is looking for a bloodbath because it works in Supercoach. Give me a break. Ever heard of synergy or teamwork or combinations? Its not a PS4 game.
Applause mate, great post!

Not sure how old you are, but a lot of crap is posted on here are made by kids, probably in their teens or twenties.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

This statement is not an accurate account of events in the context of this discussion, as this is usually because of quality first graders being replaced due to injury. Not due to players being dropped due to form..
Yes some are due to injury but also many are due to panic by coaching staff trying to get the criticism off their backs. I can still recall Tadpole telling the world Barba wasn't ready but he got hounded into playing him and he was pretty ordinary. It wasn't until the next year that he kicked on. Let's see how Arthur goes with Parra if they keep losing. You can bet your bottom dollar there with be changes.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Applause mate, great post!

Not sure how old you are, but a lot of crap is posted on here are made by kids, probably in their teens or twenties.
Only as old as the woman you dream of feeling......my kids are in their 30's...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling Olive starts at centre pushing Hoppa to wing and Montoya out.

Holland will stay on bench

Renouf to replace Fine on bench

Elliott stays and receives coach award regardless of the outcome
He should be demoted to reserves bench in reserve grade that clown Montoya
What a disgusting inept pathetic perf
Never have been so filthy at a player
Deserves a 6 week stint in Reggie’s
Olive or Holland straight in and that’s saying something as I’m not Holland’s biggest fan but he has never dished out the rubbish Montoya did on thurs

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like Ryley jacks is a proven player??? Bellamy still dropped Croft to give Jacks a go.

Nofo was dropped even though he has proven over the years he is a quality player. And he kept Corey thompson and DMZ there even though they are inferior players.

LEWIS is fucking shit
HOLAND is shit
MBYE needs to stay there, anyone who thinks he needs to be replaced needs to be put down.
JMK is shit, yet Cleeland wont get a shot even though Georgallis himself has praised him over the years and stated he is amazed he hasnt had a shot at FG
Pay has so many forward options available yet still sticks with Elliot.

Pay has done pretty much fuck all this year so far. Its not his fault he got this squad and i dont want him gone and willing to give him the opportunity to build a club. But for fucks sake, fix what is obviously broken.

Try another 5/8 ie Cleeland, if he fails as a player at least he had the chance like the shithead Frawley and JMK. Jackson to lock, Martin to 2nd row. Try something. Fuck off Elliot..

This is Pays chance to try every player available snd see if he could find a diamond in the rough... we arent going to win premiership this year so try something.
Easy there Moey your talking to Elliot’s number one fan and an avid hasler supporter from 2017.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tuamaga and Martin >>> all over Elliot

Montoya should’ve been dropped after last week maybe for Holland or olive

Jackson needs to play lock

Woods and Klemmer need a firecracker up the arse and it’s the coaches job to fire it up

Jmk needs to move to hooker, he’s lightening quick and has a better passing game then lichaa who was back to his old ways last week.
Also his defence is awesome jmk

Cleveland needs to be tried
We are 1/5
Jmk isn’t a 5:8 nor can u make a 5:8

Bench rotations have been a joke

But hey let’s wait til we are 1/10 to try something new and make players accountable for their shit performances.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The cowboys are broken but so are we, sure it will make for an interesting game.

Expect a win?? Not at all..we will probably get a good old fashioned ass whipping!!!
But maybe expecting that we may get a surprise instead lol.

Sorry the optimism is ridiculous!! But this time there doesn’t have to be an investigation.

And I won’t be held accountable for a loss haha!!

Enjoy the game boys.

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed that our reserves don't look to be world beaters but I do want Pay to continue drip feeding in people like Lewis. I don't want speculation ... I want confirmation that they are 1st grade capable or not ... Frawley had his chance ... gone .... Elliott .... in all honesty has the next 2 games to show some signs of life or he is gone .... Fulalalo the same ... Tualau the same .... Montoya ... the same. At seasons end Pay should be saying to our entire roster that you had your shot ... as I said confirmation not speculation. That way he absolutely knows who to release and who to retain for future seasons.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, surely there is someone in the club can play lock with some form of effective offload? A lock needs to be dominate and off load well, we have not had that for how long now? Just an example of the frustration I and many feel. Montoya and Hoppa side to be dominated again...

How much worse can the guys in reserve grade be? We keep watching a team that struggles to score points and has no speed. How we have little room under the cap with this squad speaks volumes about the clueless bastards that ran or running Canterbury and have made a mockery of this once proud club.
We need second rowers who can set up the outside backs but neither pair at the moment can pass wind, a good six can do this but we don’t have one.A fullback should be able to run pass and kick to set up attacking plays but we only have one who can run,

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well seeing as Jacks is a 26 year old 5/8 and Crofts is a 20 year old half it really isn't that surprising that Bellamy went with Crofts first is it? Perhaps you don't remember how well Crofts went last year. He owned the spot whenever Cronk was away but even Bellamy said he didn't expect Crofts to be there all season as he is too young and inexperienced and guess what he isn't. Nofo was dropped due to attitude not ability. Big thing though is that he has been toying with the opp in the reggies and with Tui battling a crook knee Cleary has the luxury of moving his deck chairs and not losing quality. We dump a player and we go backwards. Wholesale changes to our squad will do nothing more than send us further down the hole as the players that are left will not be able to build up the combo's we are looking for. So far this year we have used Frawley, JMK, Tualau, Fine and Brown. That's 5 different players in the first 5 rounds. Add in Foz and Woods and that's 7 and still everyone on here thinks we need to make changes.....give me a break. The one thing you can take to the bank is that the team that uses the most players during a season is the one that gets the spoon.
Apart from JMK those other bench players have collectively played prob 80 minutes if that lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Cleeland offload to Burr for his try in ISP? He is good with the ball in his hands. Needs a go.
JMK is suited to the bench as he can cover a few spots.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Ryley jacks is a proven player??? Bellamy still dropped Croft to give Jacks a go.

Nofo was dropped even though he has proven over the years he is a quality player. And he kept Corey thompson and DMZ there even though they are inferior players.

LEWIS is fucking shit
HOLAND is shit
MBYE needs to stay there, anyone who thinks he needs to be replaced needs to be put down.
JMK is shit, yet Cleeland wont get a shot even though Georgallis himself has praised him over the years and stated he is amazed he hasnt had a shot at FG
Pay has so many forward options available yet still sticks with Elliot.

Pay has done pretty much fuck all this year so far. Its not his fault he got this squad and i dont want him gone and willing to give him the opportunity to build a club. But for fucks sake, fix what is obviously broken.

Try another 5/8 ie Cleeland, if he fails as a player at least he had the chance like the shithead Frawley and JMK. Jackson to lock, Martin to 2nd row. Try something. Fuck off Elliot..

This is Pays chance to try every player available snd see if he could find a diamond in the rough... we arent going to win premiership this year so try something.
It does appear that we are more reluctant to "sack" or replace out of form players than other clubs. Perhaps unlike other clubs it is because we don't have depth, but then again players are more likely to preform if their job is on the line, or in case of ISP players if they think that they have a reasonable chance of promotion. What I'm hoping for is that the coaching staff is giving the likes of Lewis, To'omga,Olive, Martin,Okumbor,Smith,Ogden,Nelson,Bergamin more time to develop. After all aspiring young ISP player should see it as a opportunity to hone their skills. On a positive note the recent success of our ISP team is a very good sign in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.