Round 6 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2013 off the top of my head they have owned us for a long time.
Fk that long ago?

Nrl.com preview reckons we have beaten them more historically head to head and have a good record at their home ground 12/4

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fk that long ago?

Nrl.com preview reckons we have beaten them more historically head to head and have a good record at their home ground 12/4
We owned them from 95-05 and we hadn't lost in Townsville ever until 2005 or something ridiculous like that but since then the tables have turned a fair bit.

We have only played them once a season a few times in the last few years as well which has probably been a good thing!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah...ever since one J Thurston started playing for them they’ve turned that all around....sigh!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expecting to us to go down 15 points with jt showing a master class.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All we can ask is they play as a team of mates apply pressure and ask questions with a kicking game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Cleeland offload to Burr for his try in ISP? He is good with the ball in his hands. Needs a go.
JMK is suited to the bench as he can cover a few spots.
Cleeland will leak points like a tap. He won’t get a go until he can defend

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a way i feel sorry for this dogs team. Not only are they playing shit but the draw is giving them such a hard time. If the dogs played the roosters in round 1 they could have easily won but they played them in round 2 when they were quite desperate for a win. We play the Raiders when they were 0 from 4 and lost. But, if we played them in rounds 1,2 or 3 we may have had a better chance. Now, we play the cowboys who have not lost 5 straight in 5 years. Plus, the cowboys were pre-season premiership favourites. So no tips for guessing who will be the more desperate team. I really don't know if the dogs can win this one. For them to win they need to be bloody serious, desperate, doggish and play dirty because the cowboys will be completely desperate and fired up.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In a way i feel sorry for this dogs team. Not only are they playing shit but the draw is giving them such a hard time. If the dogs played the roosters in round 1 they could have easily won but they played them in round 2 when they were quite desperate for a win. We play the Raiders when they were 0 from 4 and lost. But, if we played them in rounds 1,2 or 3 we may have had a better chance. Now, we play the cowboys who have not lost 5 straight in 5 years. Plus, the cowboys were pre-season premiership favourites. So no tips for guessing who will be the more desperate team. I really don't know if the dogs can win this one. For them to win they need to be bloody serious, desperate, doggish and play dirty because the cowboys will be completely desperate and fired up.
Draw has nothing to do with it imo. Look at Wests draw. Killers row and they have taken them all out bar a golden point loss to Brisbane with a random bunch of signings playing great as a team.

Our team is full of overpaid, overcoached, overweight shit ***** who I can’t wait to see the back of.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If you are saying that we can't win games because we are less desperate than our opposition then perhaps you are hitting the nail on the head.

And the nail is not that there is a conspiracy against the dogs.

The nail is that we are simply not good enough, or desperate enough during games, to win them consistently.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are saying that we can't win games because we are less desperate than our opposition then perhaps you are hitting the nail on the head.

And the nail is not that there is a conspiracy against the dogs.

The nail is that we are simply not good enough, or desperate enough during games, to win them consistently.
What really annoys me is after the raiders game a few players (like Brett Morris) said 'yea we knew the raiders were fired and desperate to turn their season around'. Umm, well technically you guys were as desperate as them, but didn't do anything to stop them or show that you had more desire to win. If the Dogs don't look desperate on saturday and say after the game that 'they knew' the Cowboys would be fired then i am going to crack.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Draw has nothing to do with it imo. Look at Wests draw. Killers row and they have taken them all out bar a golden point loss to Brisbane with a random bunch of signings playing great as a team.

Our team is full of overpaid, overcoached, overweight shit ***** who I can’t wait to see the back of.
Not saying it is the draws fault. I am saying the context is an important factor when making an assessment. No doubt the Tigers are busting themselves to win. They have desire to win and don't give a shit if the opponent is more desperate. They approached the Eels game knowing that the Eels would turn up but still managed the game well.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Feel sorry?

Mate this team needs to man the fk up and stop looking at their pay packet and give more fkn effort

Excuses are for bitches

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s just not as exciting waiting for game day this year because we all know what we will see.

I love game day an watching the doggs, but I’ve had enough of the disappointment. To go into a game an pretty much knowing a loss is on the cards is just crap!

I hope things change very soon for everyone’s sake !

Reactions: DT

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s just not as exciting waiting for game day this year because we all know what we will see.

I love game day an watching the doggs, but I’ve had enough of the disappointment. To go into a game an pretty much knowing a loss is on the cards is just crap!

I hope things change very soon for everyone’s sake !
Harden up its either this or the off season. Which would you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.