Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I checked out before I got a chance to get married..so enjoy it those who are married.. Life is a great ride..not saying you need or must have someone to take the journey with...but..if you do find that someone.. Take the journey with a smile and a laugh..it's the only way to travel.. :-)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My first marriage ended after 13 years at age 36 and for a while there I was content to bumble along with two young kids aged 4 and 18 months at the time ( now aged 27 &23). Met my second ( and last) husband at a friend's birthday, me 40 and he 24. Yeah.... cougar dogluva! Been married now for nearly 16 years still in love and happy and content. Life is what you make of it so no use dwelling on the past and what might have been. Things happen for a reason and where we are now is a result of decisions made together and at the right time, for the right reasons.

He is a good man taking not only me but my two boys under his wing and we now have two girls of our own. We share common interests ( the Bulldogs being one of them ) and enjoy each other's company. He cares what happens to me and the kids and works hard to provide us with a good standard of life. Yes we occasionally argue but don't let whatever it is bothering us rule our lives. Talk it out, listen to what each other has to say; don't mull over whatever has caused the disagreement and above all be best friends.
and you've never bragged about it on here.. I think I would've by now hahaha

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Marriage is not about love. Love disappears after marriage, you basically just get used to the person, they go from being a part of your life to being your life.. that's what keeps couples together.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marriage is not about love. Love disappears after marriage, you basically just get used to the person, they go from being a part of your life to being your life.. that's what keeps couples together.

close thread, this is it!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep...it certainly is the off season.

Cant help but think of the old line....marriage is an institution and who wants to live in an institution?

Marriage is the cornerstone religious sacrament between a man and a woman that is favoured for families in our society, yet so many traditional marriages fail at the same time that gays are breaking their neck to be married to their partner.

If traditional marriages increasingly fail, is the traditional family also doomed and what about society as we know it?

Should we enter marriage naively believing it is for as long as we both shall live....or should we go into marriage with open eyes and realistic goals of as long as we both want to be married to each other?

If we know the passion/lust call it whatever you want only lasts a few years, would being open to the occasional infidelity help to keep marriages strong.

Are Alpha males and alpha females really expected to be satisfied for life being monogamously married to the one person, when they are not genetically designed to be that way?

Whos been to a good wedding lately?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Kids and marriage didn't just change me ... It's saved me !

We were friends who f*cked for years. We lived together. We dated other people. We met at a time when we were both damaged goods. I used to tell myself 'I can't be the boyfriend she needs to be'. I was aware of my own issues and if she was gonna overcome hers she deserved better.

After 4-5 years, everything changed with one simple thought.

I was in hospital sick and she was coming home from work. She made a courtesy call and decided to 'pop in on the way home'. I thought 'why bother? She has keys already.'

Then ... The penny dropped : She wants to.

It occurred to me that the day might come where I'm here in hospital and she's off with someone else. There'll be no 'pop in on the way home'. Someone else might make her happy and she won't want to anymore. And with that single thought I made a decision : I'm ready. If she's willing to volunteer her time, love, companionship when I've been at my absolute worst, it's high time I thank her by dedicating me at my best.

When she arrived. I told her I loved her. I was grateful for her constant efforts. If she was willing to take a leap of faith, I was ready too.

That was about 13 years ago. We had two kids. Both had various health issues we overcame. Got married in 2010. Had a third soon after.

We decided our marriage was about 'us'. She deserved her fairy tale day and quite frankly I deserved an excuse to smile and party.

Not for one second do I ever imagine a future without them. I'm a far cry from the extrovert of youth I used to be, and the idea if throwing this all away for some long lost sense of independence just seems like a ludicrous amount of work given what I'd be losing.

Sure we fight. But we have rules for that. We work hard on happiness because we have six different balls to juggle in any given week. We're a great team. We accept each other's annoyances and respect each other by being brutally honest with a view to killing the issue. We're allies in our family's ongoing happiness.

I'm completely happy being a married Dad. The only reason why this will all fall to shit is if one of us loses to will to protect what we've spent years building. It ain't gonna be me.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kids and marriage didn't just change me ... It's saved me !

We were friends who f*cked for years. We lived together. We dated other people. We met at a time when we were both damaged goods. I used to tell myself 'I can't be the boyfriend she needs to be'. I was aware of my own issues and if she was gonna overcome hers she deserved better.

After 4-5 years, everything changed with one simple thought.

I was in hospital sick and she was coming home from work. She made a courtesy call and decided to 'pop in on the way home'. I thought 'why bother? She has keys already.'

Then ... The penny dropped : She wants to.

It occurred to me that the day might come where I'm here in hospital and she's off with someone else. There'll be no 'pop in on the way home'. Someone else might make her happy and she won't want to anymore. And with that single thought I made a decision : I'm ready. If she's willing to volunteer her time, love, companionship when I've been at my absolute worst, it's high time I thank her by dedicating me at my best.

When she arrived. I told her I loved her. I was grateful for her constant efforts. If she was willing to take a leap of faith, I was ready too.

That was about 13 years ago. We had two kids. Both had various health issues we overcame. Got married in 2010. Had a third soon after.

We decided our marriage was about 'us'. She deserved her fairy tale day and quite frankly I deserved an excuse to smile and party.

Not for one second do I ever imagine a future without them. I'm a far cry from the extrovert of youth I used to be, and the idea if throwing this all away for some long lost sense of independence just seems like a ludicrous amount of work given what I'd be losing.

Sure we fight. But we have rules for that. We work hard on happiness because we have six different balls to juggle in any given week. We're a great team. We accept each other's annoyances and respect each other by being brutally honest with a view to killing the issue. We're allies in our family's ongoing happiness.

I'm completely happy being a married Dad. The only reason why this will all fall to shit is if one of us loses to will to protect what we've spent years building. It ain't gonna be me.
that's a great story sounds like it was meant to be,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I got sick before I got married and have kids I wouldn't of got married and have kids.

It's hard focusing on trying to stay alive and look after a wife and kids.

Part of me doesn't want a heart transplant.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If I got sick before I got married and have kids I wouldn't of got married and have kids.

That part of you is selfish you need to be there for your family and kick that part of you out lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

As my friends keep saying to me when my Mrs yells at them, "Have you thought about faking your own death?"

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I know what you are saying and i am in no position to tell you what to do cos i am not going through the pain and suffering you go through on daily basis, but at the end of the day you are much stronger than any of us cos i bet i would have just given up a long time ago with your condition.

all i can say is, with greater powers come greater responsibility.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That part of you is selfish you need to be there for your family and kick that part of you out lol
My wife says that something evil telling you to quit. So I can't let it win.

I just hate that I lost my dad early and my kids will lose theirs earlier.

PS sorry for whinging, just one of those days....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As my friends keep saying to me when my Mrs yells at them, "Have you thought about faking your own death?"

Yeah but if I fake my own death everyone knows I'd be hiding in Cancun lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know what you are saying and i am in no position to tell you what to do cos i am not going through the pain and suffering you go through on daily basis, but at the end of the day you are much stronger than any of us cos i bet i would have just given up a long time ago with your condition.

all i can say is, with greater powers come greater responsibility.
My mental battles are more draining than my physical battles. Having mental problems doesn't help lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whos been to a good wedding lately?
Weddings are as boring at Batsh!t. I mean, who here would rather spend an afternoon on a weekend in a suit in a church for an hour, then listening to speeches and making small talk, than, well, having a weekend.

The open bar is usually the only saving grace... i once went to a 7th Day Adventist wedding, which was dry. Man was that a long evening.

My four close mates who travelled to Thailand to my wedding to sit through 3 hours of tea ceremonies and monks chanting are bl00dy saints.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My mental battles are more draining than my physical battles. Having mental problems doesn't help lol

I can only imagine bro,

you are a warrior, remember that!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Weddings are as boring at Batsh!t. I mean, who here would rather spend an afternoon on a weekend in a suit in a church for an hour, then listening to speeches and making small talk, than, well, having a weekend.

The open bar is usually the only saving grace... i once went to a 7th Day Adventist wedding, which was dry. Man was that a long evening.

My four close mates who travelled to Thailand to my wedding to sit through 3 hours of tea ceremonies and monks chanting are bl00dy saints.
My wedding was the best wedding I've been to (well apart from getting married lol). I had a bucks in Vegas and a bucks in Cancun.

The church took like 30 mins, then we had the reception plus we had an after party at a Lebo restaurant lol

Yes, there is a Lebo resturant in Cancun lol

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
My wife says that something evil telling you to quit. So I can't let it win.

I just hate that I lost my dad early and my kids will lose theirs earlier.

PS sorry for whinging, just one of those days....
Whing all you want bro just stay positive

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My wedding was the best wedding I've been to (well apart from getting married lol). I had a bucks in Vegas and a bucks in Cancun.

The church took like 30 mins, then we had the reception plus we had an after party at a Lebo restaurant lol

Yes, there is a Lebo resturant in Cancun lol
Lebos are everywhere in South America Hahahaha Brazil is flooded with them. The richest man in the world currently was born in Leb migrated to mehico and took over :grinning: lol.

By the way you're wife is correct in saying something evil is making you wanna quit. It's that devil **** face. He preys on the vulnerable and when we're feeling week. He tried tempting Jesus in the desert when he was dehydrated and starving.

Look at this as your cross bro us Christians will always be called to carry the cross just like Jesus, so you gotta be strong habib. Stay strong nothing will ever defeat the cross/Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.