Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My friend married a guy about a month ago after knowing him for only a short time , shes mid 20's beautiful inside and out, really intelligent as well but she revealed to me that her heart doesn't skip a beat when she sees him .. She asked me if that's normal I told her that phase only lasts a few months and that its more important that they get along and have the same values which they do ( both are very religious Muslims ) ..

I am hesitant to get involved .

Is love/lust overrated in a marriage?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People still get married these days? Lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes
Im 22 and have no intention of getting married, though i have yet to come across someone id be happy to stick around with till i die i guess lol. I actually have one mate getting married this year, so i asked him why and he said "mum made me do it" hahaha.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm 26 and just ended a 3 year relationship because I didn't care for the "we better get married before I'm 30" bullshit some women have implanted in their brain.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm 26 and just ended a 3 year relationship because I didn't care for the "we better get married before I'm 30" bullshit some women have implanted in their brain.
Im 37 with 5 kids and still not married lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
tbh , from my experience no matter how hot your partner may be before marriage, after marriage it is only a year of living together the "love/lust" kinda wears off.

in every successful marriage , over all one partner has to sacrifice more than the others.

no two people are the same in this world.

love/sex/lust is only a minor part of the marriage tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Marry a funny/childish ****. It's my only advice lol

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone is different. Its hard to say some people need to date for ever some don't.Some need a missed heart beat others don't.I say stay well away from advice and let them sort it out.
For me i moved in with my wife after our second date , we were married 18 months later and now have three kids . We never dated just basically meet ,shacked up had a kid got married and life could not be any better.
My wife is my best friend and lover all rolled into one package.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 22 and have no intention of getting married, though i have yet to come across someone id be happy to stick around with till i die i guess lol. I actually have one mate getting married this year, so i asked him why and he said "mum made me do it" hahaha.
Hahahahaha

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone is different. Its hard to say some people need to date for ever some don't.Some need a missed heart beat others don't.I say stay well away from advice and let them sort it out.
For me i moved in with my wife after our second date , we were married 18 months later and now have three kids . We never dated just basically meet ,shacked up had a kid got married and life could not be any better.
My wife is my best friend and lover all rolled into one package.
on the second date ? Wow
It seems you were made for each other

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i been happily married for 19 years and still going great, marriage and my kids have been the best thing ever

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like this trait . Not so much the childish part but being able to make your partner laugh especially when times get tough
How do you think I kept my wife after getting sick? Making her laugh and keeping her on her toes lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS i didnt mean childish childish, more like young at heart, a joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.