Bulldogs Board meeting tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides the fact Hasler is a fucking piece of shit and a shit coach, he has done 1 thing that no one else in my living memory has done, and that's to divide the fans.
I personally hate the fucking wanker and in MY opinion, anybody who loves/likes/supports Hasler is a piece of shit as well with no brains.

And the pro Hasler supporters think that ppl like myself aren't "real" supporters and many other bad things. To that I say go furk yourself.

We are a Bulldogs family who have always stuck together through thick and thin, we have been through the salary cap scandal, coffs harbour rape scandal, bottle throwing incident and many other incidents throughout the years, and it brought us all closer together as one. It was always us Dogs supporters vs the rest

Lets just get rid of Hasler, bring someone else in and all be 1 happy family again. Hasler is a cancer to the club.

i'm on the neutral side of hasler, i think keeping him for 2017 was logical but think the performances will need to improve for us to go ahead with him in 2018

i don't think any anti-hasler fan is not a fake supporter but i think anyone who think that any supporter of hasler is a "piece of shit with no brains" is exactly the type of supporter we don't need, fans being that close minded to everyone having different opinion of where the club is at is what divides the club, not anything our head coach has done.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The problem isn't bringing in a coach as an outsider... clubs do that all the time. Just because a coach never played for a club and understood their heritage, doesn't make them a dud.

Just look at Wayne Bennett, or Henry and Green.

Shit Phil Gould nabbed us a premiership and he friggin hates us these days.

The big fuckup was bringing in a non football experienced CEO to make decisions on behalf of the club moving forwards. THAT is where the edges start to crumble.

Society has changed these days. People expect everythnig NOW. They want results and when they don't get them they chuck their toys out of the pram.

Yes our club prides itself on success, but that mantra would exist in 15 other clubs too (some with far worse coaches).

I'm a Bulldogs fan, and I see thing objectively. We could be better yes, but we could be a HELL of a lot worse. I'd prefer to finish Top 4 or Top 8, than wooden spoon.

Sure a premiership would be great, but at 6.25% of winning one at the start of a season, it's a big ask.

N

Natboy

It's just not the same because all of our coaches have blue and white blood back to after Warren Ryan. Also I HATE manly from the club to the players to the fans to the ground to the eagle rock song to the ground announcer to their colours to the area (except the 4 Pines brewery), the ferry the traffic etc etc etc

I even hate the name Manly and how those wankers pronounce it like Maaanly

By the way, so do the Knights have a 6.25% chance of winning the comp too? haha

Kaltsos

Waterboy
Reaction score
Does anyone know what actually occurred during the meeting? Not looking for smartass replies

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hearing there is no new contract pending for Hasler. First review won't be till after Rd5.
I really can't see him waiting around if we won't offer him a straight up contract plus more $$$. He comes across as an Ego person and their is plenty of desperate clubs so I reckon he won't stand for it and walk.

Good IMO!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's actually at round 6 tbh
He needs an even split minimum

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The problem isn't bringing in a coach as an outsider... clubs do that all the time. Just because a coach never played for a club and understood their heritage, doesn't make them a dud.

Just look at Wayne Bennett, or Henry and Green.

Shit Phil Gould nabbed us a premiership and he friggin hates us these days.

The big fuckup was bringing in a non football experienced CEO to make decisions on behalf of the club moving forwards. THAT is where the edges start to crumble.

Society has changed these days. People expect everythnig NOW. They want results and when they don't get them they chuck their toys out of the pram.

Yes our club prides itself on success, but that mantra would exist in 15 other clubs too (some with far worse coaches).

I'm a Bulldogs fan, and I see thing objectively. We could be better yes, but we could be a HELL of a lot worse. I'd prefer to finish Top 4 or Top 8, than wooden spoon.

Sure a premiership would be great, but at 6.25% of winning one at the start of a season, it's a big ask.
Phil Gould played for us, he knows the culture. He also tells everyone that there's something different about Canterbury, that makes them stand out from other clubs. He also said you have to play for them to understand.
Also we are a powerhouse club, not Newcastle or the gold coast and so on. Big clubs comes big expectations.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler is an outsider, you can't escape that reality. He has no real bond to the club or the team (except for his massive over-payments) and doesn't relate to the club's history and culture. At the moment he is the fox in the hen house and will still be doing damage to the club after he has left because of the players contracts that he locked the club into.
You mean like Madge, Robinson, Griffin, Arthur, Barrett, Brown, Bellamy and Henry? Even Bennett didn't play for the Broncs. Time to wake up and smell the daisies. Footy is professional not parochial and if by coincidence you get a coach who has played for the side then great but the chances are that you won't - not if you want to win the comp anyway. Ricky has won a comp but only by coaching elsewhere not at home and it took him 20 years to get back there. I couldn't care less who the coach is as long as we are competitive and in there with a chance. We've been knocking on the door in the last 5 years and hopefully we can kick it in this year. If not then there will no doubt be major changes but that's an if....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Typo they meant 2049.
It's just a stretch goal. Seen thousands of them over the years in business. What would you rather; how about we just turn up and play? They have a goal in mind and something to try and achieve. That they do or don't isn't the end of the world. It is that they set in place the systems, structures and strategies and allocate resources to try and get there.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is gone.

If Des stays, Dib & Castle will be gone in 2018

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just a stretch goal. Seen thousands of them over the years in business. What would you rather; how about we just turn up and play? They have a goal in mind and something to try and achieve. That they do or don't isn't the end of the world. It is that they set in place the systems, structures and strategies and allocate resources to try and get there.
No offence but you sound like a politician. I have owned and sold many businesses and worked in management in many others. I don't believe in setting goals you can't achieve. And what is the difference between just turning up and playing and setting unrealistic goals. Isn't the goal to win the premiership each and every year and playing each game working toward that. Also these systems, strategies and resources they allocate haven't been too successful to date.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I'll give up on the bogan sport and focus more on the REAL Canterbury....the CRUSADERS!

I'll return my focus when that arrogant over-rated egomaniac piece of shit fucks off to another club.

That fuck face is the Wenger of the NRL, just a fraud ****.
100% agree. Its kinda sad in a way because when he came over I thought we were a shoe in for at least 1 premiership by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.