Brain Teasers

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Noting some criticism of my in depth analysis - engineering (PID) schematics do not cap a flowing pipe with that symbol. So the assumption is that pipe is open.

I win.
Sorry Dooges.. I’m with Kohli..he’s a dodgy Indian Plumber.. they don’t use engineering semantics when they draw up plans. He wins..just not the World Cup in both Test and One Day Cricket. :D

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Sorry Dooges.. I’m with Kohli..he’s a dodgy Indian Plumber.. they don’t use engineering semantics when they draw up plans. He wins..just not the World Cup in both Test and One Day Cricket. :D
Well - don't blame me when you turn the shower on your toilet flushes.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sorry it can't be 6 there's no entry into the glass its blocked off.....

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't end (cap) a pipe like that in a PID. And that schematic is a PID.

Go hire an Indian plumber and let me know how it goes...
im only going off the visual which clearly shows there is no entry to glass 6....

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
im only going off the visual which clearly shows there is no entry to glass 6....
Unless it has one of these - thats free flowing.
1702626108619.png

Now you could make an argument that none of the connectors that are 'closed' are drawn properly but I'm assuming the container is intact - I have seen that drawn that way.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noting some criticism of my in depth analysis - engineering (PID) schematics do not cap a flowing pipe with that symbol. So the assumption is that pipe is open.

I win.
It's a tube with no entrance same thing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I always like the ones that mess with you. For example:

"In NSW, can a man legally marry his widow's sister?"

or the classic one..

"If a plane crashes on the border of China and Russia, in which country do you bury the survivors?"
Just in case anyone didn't get these:

The answer is "no", because if a man's wife is a widow, then the man is dead.

"If a plane crashes on the border of China and Russia, in which country do you bury the survivors?"

You don't bury survivors

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just in case anyone didn't get these:

The answer is "no", because if a man's wife is a widow, then the man is dead.

You don't bury survivors
Sorry I read the second one as If a US military plane crashes....

My bad.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I win.
However we should assume that it's not an engineer that created this image. We have to go with the fact that some connecting stems are blocked, cups which are open in more then one spot will empty through the bottom open stem. So cup 2 isn't seeing beer unless it can be poured faster than the lower drain point empties. The two stems connected to cup 3 won't drain the cup. So the only cup that will fill is 3.

Any further arguments to the contrary I will assume are trying to get an argument started.