Brain Teasers

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’m assuming it’s 7 but these things always have some smart arse answer the bottle is already filled but that’s not a glass 4,5,6 or 7 would fill first if you directly pored it into them but if you are poring it into 1 with that plumbing system I guess it’s 7.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
answer is 3 btw
Oh because there is a little line I don’t pay that much attention. I knew it would be a smart arse thing. What’s the point of running a drainage line to a tank if it’s going to be capped off. Stupid mind teasers.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
answer is 3 btw
Is it? That looks like a 375mL beer bottle and they look like a typical schooner glasses. Yes - the outlets are closed (thats the trick) but you're losing 100ish mL in glass 1. So the answer is basically none because whomever though they were smart with the beer and glass sizings out smarted themselves.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it? That looks like a 375mL beer bottle and they look like a typical schooner glasses. Yes - the outlets are closed (thats the trick) but you're losing 100ish mL in glass 1. So the answer is basically none because whomever though they were smart with the beer and glass sizings out smarted themselves.
The bottle is also tipped up without the cap on. So, we have to assume its already empty and therefore no glass will fill up...

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
fair observation

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Okey dokey - have fun with this.

Start with $50.
I spend $20 - leaves me $30 left
I spend $15 - leaves me $15 left
I spend $9 - leaves me $6 left
I spend $6 - and I'm broke.

Yet $30 + $15 + $6 is $51.

So where did the other $1 come from? 8-)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're all wrong. The answer is "my glass". It's also the first to be emptied.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okey dokey - have fun with this.

Start with $50.
I spend $20 - leaves me $30 left
I spend $15 - leaves me $15 left
I spend $9 - leaves me $6 left
I spend $6 - and I'm broke.

Yet $30 + $15 + $6 is $51.

So where did the other $1 come from? 8-)
I've seen this one in the past. It's one of the mathematical fallacies, or mathematical errors that can be made when you attempt to calculate the wrong thing. I won't explain it but it's the cause of many issues in both finance and programming.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I always like the ones that mess with you. For example:

"In NSW, can a man legally marry his widow's sister?"

or the classic one..

"If a plane crashes on the border of China and Russia, in which country do you bury the survivors?"