Brain Teasers

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie whats so funny? You can laugh at my post and not give me any explanation. Yes I didn’t see that it was blocked so what? Dw you’re superior to others you can just laugh at what they say but not tell them what’s wrong.
Sorry bro - but think 2 or 3 people had already explained what where and why. Laugh removed if it offends.

All good with standards bro - now look forward to seeing you apply those same standards across the Kennel.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m a double dickhead..it’s 4… Least I got the maths one right.. :D

Ps..you know what is sadder? I’ve seen this exact puzzle before and picked the right one..
It's 3. You got it right the first time. haha

OK

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The deduction is what needs to be added back not the result of the subtraction.

Below shows the method..

50-20 = 30

30-15 = 15

15- 9 =6

6-6 = 0

As such you add the deduction back ie.

0 + 6 = 6
6 + 9 = 15
15 + 15 = 30
30 + 20 = $50
U sound like my HS teachers for maths - good ole Mr Eager. Who used to tell us if we didn't do our maths homework Santa wasn't coming this year. In March.

Well played :grinning:

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry bro - but think 2 or 3 people had already explained what where and why. Laugh removed if it offends.

All good with standards bro - now look forward to seeing you apply those same standards across the Kennel.
Yeah I do. Nah I’m not offended was only a bit confused no hard feelings bro

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m a double dickhead..it’s 4… Least I got the maths one right.. :D

Ps..you know what is sadder? I’ve seen this exact puzzle before and picked the right one..
triple dickhead now lol

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
It's 3. You got it right the first time. haha

OK

Nope - just because you have Virat Kohli saying the answer...

So - good ole Uncle Doogie has just opened its his first beer, snags are ready for the bbq and is currently prepping the potato salad - so I got a few mins to show all my brilliance (which most of you already know and others who don't I cannot say).
1702623046644.png

So lets piss off the beer and make it a tap. We also assume the following:
- all glasses are the same size
- the outflow orifice (love that term) is consistent diameter
- the outflow orifice flow rate > that the inflow rate of the tap (or this is pointless as it'll be #1)
- the density and viscosity of the fluid allows uniform flow over a free surface (not fckng around with Reynolds numbers and cavitation on this baby).
- the entire setup is subject to gravity.

5 and 7 are out - not connected.
1, 2 and 3 will continue to drain due to the third point above (and 2 will never get any love because of my third point). So that will knock out #4.

So its 6 - we have a winner.

Never listen to Kohli - he's a dick.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
U sound like my HS teachers for maths - good ole Mr Eager. Who used to tell us if we didn't do our maths homework Santa wasn't coming this year. In March.

Well played :grinning:
Lol!!!!

Funny thing Dooges I used to be a High school History teacher. When I was teaching my year 11 History class, a lot of my year 12 History boys were doing Maths in the adjacent room. I used to look through the little window on the door connecting the two rooms, and used to mouth, “You don’t need Maths. It’s a waste of time.” If only they could see me now! Lol.. :D