Search results

1. tempo

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I've gotten into this show more and more lately and love it now. Very manic and crazy comedy with great characters. Danny Devito is in it too and it's some of his best work tbh. Any other fans?
  2. tempo

The Mennis on NRL on FOX Tonight

Just a heads up if you didn't know and don't normally watch, Mick Ennis will be on NRL on FOX tonight, 7:30 pm on one of the fox sports channels.
  3. tempo

Baseball: MLB Playoffs

I take it no interest in MLB here since there are no threads? I'm hoping Philly can repeat what they did last year and win the world series. With the likes of Cliff Lee and Ibanez they have a better team so they have a good shot at it.
  4. tempo

United States of Tara

Anybody else a fan of this show? I love it. Stolen from imdb: It's about Tara (Toni Collette) and how she and her family deals with all her "alters". She has 4 different personalities and they cause a lot of problems within the family unit. It's fascinating as it's based on a real...
  5. tempo

Dominos Pasta

I just had the prawn marinara pasta from Dominos for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the prawns to be average but they were a decent size and not dirty tasting or gritty (like is often the case) and the sauce is creamy garlic and chili. It was delicious and would...
  6. tempo

How Long Will Hayne Remain On Top?

Like the Parramatta team itself, I always thought that Hayne's time at the top would be brief and I got an indication that I may be correct after his dismal grand final performance. I reckon he might do an Inu and go quiet for long periods because he's that sort of player that relies on...
  7. tempo

Parramatta Celebrate Being Losers

Parramatta takes retardation to new heights by having a parade for their loser team. As if you'd have a parade for playing one good half of a season and losing the grand final. That's Parramatta for you though. So long since a title they'll celebrate coming second lol. God they're tragic. It's...
  8. tempo

Prelim Final Relay; Who Are They?

Anyone know who those guys running in our relay team before the prelim are? I've seen many of those over the years and never expect to see the doggies win but was pleasantly surprised that our boys got up. By a fair distance too. I've always been disappointed at not having a lot of...
  9. tempo

The Age of Stupid Live Premiere TONIGHT

http://www.ageofstupid.net/screenings/country/Australia Is anyone going? Should be good. I shall walk to the cinema.
  10. tempo

Tarantino Talks

Just watched Quentin Tarantino on Letterman before and must say I could listen to him talk about films all day. He's a walking encyclopedia when it comes to movies and his insights are fascinating. Love his enthusiasm too. I hadn't thought much about Inglourious Basterds before but now I can't...
  11. tempo

Anvil The Movie

I saw an ad for this on TV and it looks like a great story. The trailer choked me up. Genuine sadness, despair etc does that. http://www.anvilmovie.com/
  12. tempo

Souths Fan Ejected For Racial Abuse

Was anybody sitting near this incident in the southwest corner? I didn't hear what was said until this dude was going off his head a few rows in front. He was furious and claiming the Souths bogan said something about Arab's. It got very tense for a few minutes with him wanting to kill a bunch...
  13. tempo

It's Great to be a Bulldogs Fan

I keep thinking how dire last year was and what a fantastic difference this season has been. It reminds all of us why it's so good being a Bulldogs fan. We're never down for long and to be able to say that last season was the worst I've seen in over 15 years is quite good. I've only seen a few...
  14. tempo

Best Bench All Season

I reckon that was our best bench performance all season. With Stagg not playing the whole second half the boys had extra work to do and all were very weffective, particularly Gordon and Hickey who made some strong runs. Eastwood as usual was tough to put on the ground and made some big hits...
  15. tempo

Canberra V Brisbane *spoilers*

Canberra just scored one of the easiest tries you'll ever see. Brisbane have massive problems with defence that just stands there.
  16. tempo

Idris Try or No Try?

I know in kennel time it's been way too long to bring this up since the game was a few days ago, but I only watched the recording of it yesterday and was surprised to see that Idris in fact got the ball on the line. At the game I was shocked that it was given but I don't recall seeing the angle...
  17. tempo

NYC Big Hits

How hard do these boys hit?! In the last couple of games I've caught there have been some beauties. One stood out for me last friday. It was around the 70th minute and it made a mighty thwack. I suppose you hear it clearer without all the crowd noise but they are still massive hits, especially...
  18. tempo

The Concise Bulldogs History

http://www.rl1908.com/Clubs/Canterbury-Bulldogs.htm I just discovered this page that tells the concise history of the Bulldogs. It's a rather good read. A lot of it I didn't know and it highlights the successes and great players etc. The mid 90s part brought back a lot of memories. I have...
  19. tempo

Harrigan Should Be Dropped Too

After watching the replay of the game I was dumbfounded that Bill Harrigan got that Holdsworth try decision wrong. The head-on replay clearly shows Goodwin got nowhere near the ball with his hands. He was at least 10cm from it! I just wonder if Harrigan ruled that way because to give a try...
  20. tempo

Quinn charged with that ankle hold

I was glad to see that the review committee picked it up and Quinn is facing a 1 week ban for trying to snap Ennis' ankle. Dirty Storm grub.
  21. tempo

Another Outstanding Hannant Performance

I am thrilled with this bloke. The player I said the Bulldogs should sign when all the talk was about Lima. Thank **** they went for Ben because he has been sensational and has Lima even played? LOL Tonight Ben's stats read impressive again; he played 62 minutes and made 16 hitups for 123m...
  22. tempo

Total Domination

I had two fans of other teams commit their support to the Bulldogs tonight, and you know why? Because they see that we are all conquering and powerful, and they love the new look team. Not even playing our best and the refs stiff us like usual, yet we still kick arse. First team to go...
  23. tempo

There's Another Winterstein?

No not Bubka... I noticed that there's a P.Winterstein playing Bundy Red cup for the Bulls. Anyone know if he's related to Antonio and Frank and are those latter two related? haha.
  24. tempo

Spectator Tackles Ref At Tigers Game

Shame on all Wests fan for one individual's actions. That's how it goes in the media isn't it? You can't get much worse fan behaviour than invading the pitch and hitting the ref, but I bet this gets nothing compared to a fight between civilians at a dogs match.
  25. tempo

Should Have Signed Crocker, Not Eastwood

OK so he probably wouldn't have signed because rumours are that he hates our club, but I've been thinking for several weeks that Eastwood was the dud buy I originally thought. I don't see how the bloke gets selected for NZ when he almost always gets stopped or dominated by defences. He works...
  26. tempo

Round 6 Bulls V Vulcans

Did anyone watch this game? It was on the NSWRL show on fox this week (I think it's on again but can't find it in the online guide). Bulls won 42-26 with tries to Nanai, C.Leaeno, Conrad, Holdsworth and 3 to Crisp. There were some bright spots in an otherwise average game. It was about...
  27. tempo

Idris Mania

Almost every Kennel member has Idris mania and devalues Millard. Let's analyse their games rather than jumping to snap judgments and see what their value actually is. Idris: Very good at taking bombs and hard to stop close to the tryline. Pretty good defender. Millard: This is where all...
  28. tempo

Well Done Paul Kent

I usually find the bloke nauseating but I have to give him credit for being so outspoken against the way Manly fans glorified Brett Stewart last weekend. On The Back Page he said it was disgusting how they went overboard with their cheering for him. Mike Gibson also said he felt uncomfortable...
  29. tempo

What's The Fuss Over Lyon

I can't understand why there's so much controversy over Jamie Lyon not wanting to play rep footy anymore. Players retire from that level of the game all the time but because he's only 27 it's a problem? And why would they make him play? It's ridiculous tbh. It's like the selectors are trying to...
  30. tempo

Blown Out of All Proportion

After initially downplaying the trouble, police later confirmed there were two incidents during the match and said a security guard required treatment after suffering bruising and a scratch to his face. A female security guard was also injured...
  31. tempo

Barba's Defence

The kid was copping it all last year for poor defence but he can hold his head up high now, as he is much better. He made some good tackles on much bigger players tonight (including Petero) and saved a try when Lewis was racing to the tryline. I saw Lewis in the clear with about 12 to go...
  32. tempo

Noddy on NRL Tactics Tonight

Noddy will be on the new fox show NRL Tactics tonight. Fox sports 2 @ 8:30pm or fox sports 1 at 10:30pm. It's probably just NRL Teams repackaged but I enjoy hearing what Brett has to say so it should be worthwhile.
  33. tempo

NRL on Fox Tonight: Bulldogs Analysis

Just letting people know that they'll be doing an analysis of the Bulldogs new team on tonight's show if you weren't planning on watching. Maybe someone will record it for those without foxtel. I can't unfortunately. Warren Smith will also be explaining why he picked us to finish 15th LOL
  34. tempo

Do They Ever Answer the Phone at Bulldogs HQ?

I've called the number on the website (8762 6800) twice in the last two days and the phone rang out both times. Is there another number I should try or what? I'll ask my question in the membership thread as someone may know the answer and I'll email the club but it shouldn't be such a hassle...
  35. tempo

New Recruits Could Be Some of the Best Ever

I was thinking the other day about all our new recruits and how several of them could rate as Bulldogs greats if they're around long enough. We haven't bought quality players much over the (16) years that I've been watching and in that time I can't recall us ever getting so many in the one...
  36. tempo

Mobile Phone Scams and Spam

Has anyone got smses from '99'? Today I've received about 7 and it's driving me mad. It just comes up as 99 as the phone number and I think they're service msgs as they don't show in my old Nokia and can't be replied to. I wish someone would shut these faggots down! I assume they can only...
  37. tempo

Can someone tell me why my avatar doesn't work? It's not explicit at all and fits the size requirements so I'm wondering why.
  38. tempo

Where's Tsoulos?

Sorry if this was discussed recently but I didn't wanna search through loads of threads. Watching another game from 2008 and thought how we could have really used Tsoulos this year. He's severely injury prone but when he was on the field he was surprisingly strong. A good ballplayer and came up...
  39. tempo

Ya Know What I Hate?

When you criticise someone for doing something you hate and then have to tell yourself you can't because you did it at one stage. I do it with driving and drugs. I hate seeing/hearing hoons, especially those that speed up my 50km/h street in their loud cars, but like a lot of young guys, I...
  40. tempo

Why Do Most Fans Side With The Club?

After seeing the vitriol from a lot of fans over SBW's and Reni Maitua's departures, it makes me wonder why so many side solely with the club. In both situations the players beared most of the blame because it was there actions that ultimately lead to their sacking, but I believe most people...
  41. tempo

Burn After Reading

I saw this last night and loved it. It's another brilliant Coen Brothers comedy full of oddball characters, witty dialogue and great acting. It's similar to Fargo in that characters from different walks of life become connected after a criminal plan is hatched. Like Fargo, the characters are...
  42. tempo

Up-and-Coming Footballer Behind Bars

http://blacktown-advocate.whereilive.com.au/
  43. tempo

Bulldogs In NYC Team of the Year

They mentioned it on the footy show and from memory, Ben Barba, John Kite and Daniel Harrison all made it. All in the starting 13. Most, if not all the team was comprised of NYC players that have played NRL this season. Well done to those guys. Edit: I found the article about the team on...
  44. tempo

Treatment of Debutants

Idris and Kite shone when they got their chance in first grade and Barba went pretty good also. They all got a taste and were dropped back. Is this simply a case of giving them a feel for the intensity and then let them improve further against their contemporaries? It has to be IMO because they...
  45. tempo

Doubts About Bobcat Again

I had my doubts about his future for most of the season and then he had some decent form for a while. Well today he was horrendous. One of, if not our worst. I know he works hard but he also makes a lot of errors. That pass he tried throwing deep in his own half was so dumb. Corey Hughes was in...
  46. tempo

Kevin Moore Interview On Footy Show

Watching the footy show does have it's advantages at times. It seems no one else watched it since there isn't a thread already. haha I know everyone on here hates it. Well tonight they showed a piece where Mario went out to Caroline Chisholm School For Special Needs and talked to Kevin Moore...
  47. tempo

LG Phones

Anyone got expereince with the KU990 viewty, Shine or K700? I'm leaning towards the viewty because of the camera and screen size but wonder if touchscreen is the way to go. Thought I'd see if there was any user feedback here first.
  48. tempo

Who Takes Sonny's Place?

With Sonny now gone who will take his place as the most beloved Bulldog? Will it be the wonder kid Barba, or will it be the ever loyal and consistent General? Someone else? Andrew 'Jesus' Emelio?
  49. tempo

Christian the Lion

I saw this the other day and thought I'd share it. It made me cry tbh. Such an amazing and beautiful story. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U
  50. tempo

How Does The Unfair Treatment Make You Feel?

I'm curious about how the sensationalism of anything Bulldogs related by the media make you all feel. Going by comments here half of you ignore it for the rubbish it is and the other half are sucked into how the media want people to feel and blame the players. Well I'm getting to the point...
  51. tempo

Tour De France

Anyone interested? I became fascinated with it last year and watched it a lot but it's boring tbh. It's OK if you just watch the highlight shows. I probably wouldn't watch it at all if Cadel Evans wasn't going so well. I've had it on while I'm on the kennel and there have been loads of...
  52. tempo

Slowest Backs In NRL

We must have them. Every time Winitana or Crisp gets some room they don't get close to making a clean break. Hazem even makes them look slow! Heka isn't much better either. I don't know if Crisp will ever succeed at the top level because he has a major weakness in not running hard at the line...
  53. tempo

The Sonny Bill Slap

Besides making great runs, pulling amazing passes out of his butt and making clutch plays like collecting grubbers etc. one facet of Sonny's game I've been loving lately is his slaps at the ball that have resulted in Bulldogs possession. He did it again today. That's his 3rd or 4th of the year...
  54. tempo

MLB Season 08

Anyone into it? I like the Phillies ever since the mid to late 90s when they won the WS. I also like their logo and mascot. Gonna watch the live game now between Phillies and Arizona but can't handle watching every inning. It gets boring. Spewing I didn't get to a game a few...
  55. tempo

Worst Defence Ever?

I've been attending and watching games for 15 years now and I cannot recall another Bulldogs team that has been as weak defensively as the current one. The thing that makes it even more frustrating is that for periods of up to 30 minutes, they are solid, but then it's like a switch is...
  56. tempo

SBW says "You can win me"

Either I'm blind or the unimaginable has happened and this hasn't been posted yet. The footy show advertised a competition where a junior team can win SBW. The winner will have him visit them and help with training. In the ad Sonny looked relaxed and was having fun. The way he said, "You...
  57. tempo

Tips for getting free tickets

Has anyone got any tips for getting freebies? I'd love to got to every match but the cost is one of the main reasons I don't. Now fuel costs so much it doesn't help either.
  58. tempo

ANZ Stadium Surface

Who else was shocked and dismayed at the state of the turf on the field at ANZ? The commentators said it had been fixed recently but it looked worse than ever to me. It looked like a shag carpet had been layed down but not smoothed out properly and in many places the joins of the new turf were...
  59. tempo

2009 recruits in good form

I dislike the current regulations regarding player signings being more open than before but one thing it does is give us fans more reason to watch other games. I watched both FNF games tonight and there was more enjoyment there because seeing Ennis, Hannant and Josh Morris playing some good...
  60. tempo

Ennis is on the footy show

He might talk about his alleged signing with the dogs.
  61. tempo

Santogold

Has anybody heard Santogold's music? I'm not usually into dance stuff but her song L.E.S Artistes is really interesting and anthemic which I like. She has a great voice too.
  62. tempo

Bulldogs Merch Specials

Anybody seen any good deals lately on doggies merch? I haven't gotten a jersey for ages and need a good jacket too. The teamstore is a rip off though which disappoints me. You shouldn't be able to buy our merch for less than at an Eels store ffs. For anyone that has considered buying a Bulldogs...
  63. tempo

6 Inches

That's how close we were to winning tonight. If General's pass goes 6" backwards, Sullivan scores. It's so frustrating but we had plenty of chances and I just wish they hit the line harder because the Titans were out on their feet and we kept pushing them back but they didn't do it when it...
  64. tempo

Groom Trains with FG Team

Just saw the piece on the Bulldogs on FOX news again and I'm 90% sure I saw Groom training with the team. This has to mean he might get a run on friday right? I'm thinking with Roberts in doubt and now having Williams to fill in for Groom in NSW cup if need be, he might make his NRL debut.
  65. tempo

History is in Our Favour

I had this feeling before, that for some reason we match up well against the Titans having beaten them twice last season. Then tonight it came to my attention that we have never lost to ANY Gold Coast team. That's 15 games against all incarnations of Gold Coast and not one loss. I have a feeling...
  66. tempo

Daryl Millard New Breed Video

http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL/46372 I don't know if this has been posted. I searched for it and couldn't find it so I guess not.
  67. tempo

Is This Crazy?

Reni Maitua is expected to replace Roberts at five eighth tonight. If Folkes is willing to play a forward there, why not SBW? Everyone knows how destructive he is with the ball in his hands and he showed last night what impact he can have on a game when he gets a lot of it. He's showed that in a...
  68. tempo

Mortimer fumes over SBW

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23662023-5006066,00.html BULLDOGS great Steve Mortimer is "sickened" by Sonny Bill Williams' desire to represent the All Blacks. The three-time premiership-winning halfback last night said he shared the disappointment and...
  69. tempo

Patten unlikely to play

I don't know if this has been mentioned on here yet but they said on fox sports news tonight that General hasn't trained all week because of back spasms so it looks like Crispy will play his second NRL match this Saturday. Either way I'm not concerned as Crispy showed he can handle the step up.
  70. tempo

Best LCD TV For Under $1300

Hey guys, I'm after an LCD TV for under $1300 and want feedback on stuff you've seen or have and the best prices. I was thinking about getting a Samsung R8. It's 40" and the guy quoted me $1245 after cashback but I know you can get it for as cheap as $1100 (after cashback) online. I wanna...
  71. tempo

Top 10 Punk Albums

OK there's not a lot of punks around this joint but there's enough for another thread. Pick your top 10 favourite punk albums kids and this means hardcore and emo too. Mine in no particular order... Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset Millencolin - The...
  72. tempo

Positives From Round 7

There's too much negativity on here so i thought I'd create a thread to discuss the many positives that made tonight not a total loss. 1) Crisp on debut. Never seen the kid play but he was safe, solid and come up with a brilliant try. Excellent goal kicking too. Great debut. 2) Winitana's try...
  73. tempo

All we need is...

intensity. There will be threads galore about this player or that not performing but at the end of the day, we lose games through lack of intensity, determination or desire. We have enough class and quality players to trouble most teams IF we play with intensity. When we don't, we are...
  74. tempo

Kele Niusere

Bulldogs website says he's a five eighth but not winger also. Is this an error or what? Only seen him once (last week) but he was a gun on the wing.
  75. tempo

S.G.Ball Player Profiles

This has probably been stated on here but if not, there are photos up of the S.G.Ball players here - http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=profiles&grade=sg It's amusing and amazing. The blokes are under 18 and some of them scare this old bloke :nervous: Watson Namoa is a unit. Paki Afu looks...
  76. tempo

Try to Control the Ball

I cannot stand how technical they've made the rules regarding scoring a try and wanted some opinions. In the good old days, you had to be in control of the ball and plant it down. These days, there are all these bull **** ways of scoring, when in reality you've lost the ball. Chris Bailey's...
  77. tempo

Tonga Needs to Help Utai

Utai has been bagged heavily for his liability under the high ball but I think it's time that Tonga helped him out a bit. Utai should at least contest bombs, but if Tonga did too, Utai would feel less pressure and it would be less likely that the opposition scores. The way Tonga just stood there...
  78. tempo

Brad Clyde's Position

Is Brad Clyde an assistant coach? That's how he was described by a TV station recently. Might have been sky sports during last week's match. Anyway, the point of this thread is what will his role be with Moore taking over the head coaching gig next year with Dymock as his assistant. Brad...
  79. tempo

Favourite Ethnic Foods

Tell us your fav ethnic food/dishes. I'm anglo so anything that isn't meat pies, roast lamb etc is ethnic... I'm a big fan of italian, mexican (texmex also) and indian food. Had indian last night. Picked balti beef, boona lamb and machli fry which is fried fish with spices. The lamb and fish...
  80. tempo

Bonds Undies

I have seen the Bonds ad a million times and wonder how many chicks actually where those horrible things. Some of them are OK, but the big, granny panties with the wide band look atrocious along with some of the other styles.
  81. tempo

Project Runway Series 4

The new series is finally on foxtel and I love it. Who saw the first two episodes? That Elisa nut was lucky to make it to round 2 and good thing she did really, because the outfit she designed was the best IMO.
  82. tempo

John Kite relative on the forum?

I just read this PM and reckon it must be a relative of John Kite. I can't imagine why someone else would get so offended. The funny thing is, I don't even remember rubbishing the bloke. I rated him after one jersey flegg match I saw last year and he's even better now. I can't recall criticising...
  83. tempo

Fire Up Bulldogs Fans

I was at the game today and very disappointed with the loudness of the fans. I started off in bay 110 and I was the only one trying to get chants going and one of the few screaming and giving it to the ref and Tigers. They didn't like when I shouted, "Go Balmain" LMAO I just wish more fans...
  84. tempo

Bred Not Bought T - Who's Got One?

Me and my bro bought one today. Just wondering how many peeps will be decked out in them next week.
  85. tempo

Cost of Merch

Can anyone tell me if the flags they sell at Peter Wynn's are the same size as the ones they sell at the ground? Just wondering because PW's has em for $14 and the ones sold at the ground are $20.
  86. tempo

New Beverages

What new beverages have people tried and ratings? Tried that vitamin water. The colourful packaging got me. I first saw it in woolies and thought it was too expensive but I bought one at the servo after I realised it was cheaper than 2 V drinks that made up the same volume. Citrus with...
  87. tempo

Long Flag Poles ANZ Away Games

Have any of you tried taking in longer flag poles into ANZ stadium when it's an away game for us? I know Bulldogs fans are allowed a max. length of 1m for home games but wonder if the seccas would still give you grief if you tried taking a big pole in. They should lift that restriction too...
  88. tempo

Players love the Bulldogs

Despite the dramas and issues over the years, players love the Bulldogs club. Recently, we've managed to re-sign Luke Patten, Andrew Ryan and Lee Te Maari and earlier in the off season we re-signed Nick Kouparitsas among others. We lose players too but more often than not, the club sees...
  89. tempo

NRL are you kidding me?

Just reading the game preview for this saturday and I can't believe the incompetence of the NRL. It's supposed to be a professional organisation yet they almost mock the two teams for their off field issues and don't even get facts correct. These two excerpts are what bother me: "NO two...
  90. tempo

Nickname for Tim Winitana

I've come up with a nickname for Tim Winitana. I assume it's original since he's new on the NRL scene. It's in the style of Petrol seventy cents a litre. Drumroll....... "Bet on Tim and he'll Winitana". Hit or miss? I was going to keep it secret until I made a banner up but thought...
  91. tempo

Why is Ultimate Membership $70 more?

Can someone explain why the ultimate membership is $70 more than the kennel membership? I thought it was in the same area so I can't understand why. Also, do they only sell memberships on the western side?
  92. tempo

Stretched Ear Lobes

Has anyone got them and if not, what do you think about them? Mine are stretched to 22mm but i'm going back to 20mm because I have too much scar tissue to stretch them a lot bigger like I was going to. There's also more jewellery available in 20mm. The one question I ALWAYS get asked...
  93. tempo

Bulldogs Premier League Minor Premiers

With one round to go the Bulldogs Premier League side have wrapped up the minor premiership after a hard-fought win over the Sharks. Congrats to all the players and staff. I saw most of the second half of the match tonight but can't give much of a review tbh. I wasn't paying much...
  94. tempo

Ben Barba on fire

I've heard this kid goes good but never seen him play. Checking the stats and I see he's already 2nd on the JF scorers ladder after only 5 matches. 8 tries and 15 goals in 5 appearances = put him in first grade lol. He couldn't do worse than Roberts ;)
  95. tempo

I'm the dude

Gday everyone, after seeing the kennel mentioned on fox sports news, i checked it out and decided to join. I've been a doggies man since that magic day in '85.