6 Inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
That's how close we were to winning tonight. If General's pass goes 6" backwards, Sullivan scores.

It's so frustrating but we had plenty of chances and I just wish they hit the line harder because the Titans were out on their feet and we kept pushing them back but they didn't do it when it mattered, when the game was their's for the taking and they were inside the 20. Reni showed what I'm talking about in scoring his try.

Still happy though and very proud of the way the boys played and it's all good signs for the future. Groomy didn't get involved much but had a solid game and in some of his touches he looked dangerous but the highlights were those two awesome tackles he put on that forced knock-ons. I think both were on Minichiello haha.

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Groom had a good second half, Went a bit missing in the second half of the first half, but it was his debut!

Well done boys!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought this post was referring to something else...

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
Groom had a good second half, Went a bit missing in the second half of the first half, but it was his debut!

Well done boys!
not his fault no one was giving him any ball

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we lost this week, but im not ****ty, i saw effort, very much an improvement from last week, im very proud of them even if we did lose...just

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I kept screaming for them to give it to Groomy because he showed he wasn't overwhelmed. Any time you put that much pressure on a half to do the job, you're gonna struggle unless they are a Prince or Thurston.

The only thing Groom needs to do is lay off the inside passes, but he had a solid debut and I think we must give him another chance next week, regardless of who's fit. If Roberts is back, Holdsworth should be moved to lock, or dropped. He does give us options with kicking though so I'd keep him. Our back row isn't setting the world on fire either. Te Maari again didn't do much but Koups was much improved. Reni looked dodgy as and I'm glad Bailey got his hands to that pass because I thought Reni had knocked on for the third time, but his grunt is what we need.

H

Haztrick

If Holdsworth could kick goals we would have won!! :p

But we did have many chances tonight. Titans defence was amazing while we looked pretty flat when Holdsworth was in charge, no doubt. It may seem like I have some kind of vendetta against him, but I don't. He is just not a half back and he has been given 10 weeks to prove himself and he hasn't done much. He was solid tonight but that's it.

Either way, I do think we were robbed. Robinson should have gone to teh video ref. I don't think the pass was forward either.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
LMFAO 6 inches... best thread name eva
That's what i thought dude but it's not getting the love it deserves LOL. All the numbnuts care about is commenting on Holdsworth. There's 16 other players ffs.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
If Holdsworth could kick goals we would have won!! :p

But we did have many chances tonight. Titans defence was amazing while we looked pretty flat when Holdsworth was in charge, no doubt. It may seem like I have some kind of vendetta against him, but I don't. He is just not a half back and he has been given 10 weeks to prove himself and he hasn't done much. He was solid tonight but that's it.

Either way, I do think we were robbed. Robinson should have gone to teh video ref. I don't think the pass was forward either.
I feel pretty much the same mate but am just happy and proud that we had a red hot go and with a touch of extra class we would have beat those ****. I would have loved to see Prince cop it after he got in Patten's face but we just didn't ask enough questions on their line. the funny thing is with our team is that we're more potent from 30 or so out. Near the line we don't have the slight of hand to trouble teams usually.

I'm glad the way it unfolded re: Groom getting a run but I fear Folkesy will just look past it. I'd stick with him because I reckon with enough FG games under his belt he could improve a lot and DJ isn't improving. He's still a lot less effective than 06.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I kept screaming for them to give it to Groomy because he showed he wasn't overwhelmed. Any time you put that much pressure on a half to do the job, you're gonna struggle unless they are a Prince or Thurston.

The only thing Groom needs to do is lay off the inside passes, but he had a solid debut and I think we must give him another chance next week, regardless of who's fit. If Roberts is back, Holdsworth should be moved to lock, or dropped. He does give us options with kicking though so I'd keep him. Our back row isn't setting the world on fire either. Te Maari again didn't do much but Koups was much improved. Reni looked dodgy as and I'm glad Bailey got his hands to that pass because I thought Reni had knocked on for the third time, but his grunt is what we need.
Yup, it has been mentioned here and there over the last month or 2 and I agree it's a valid and interesting option if Folkesy took it. Could be worth exploring if Folkes has had enough of Te Maari not injecting himself as much as he should be. Definately a shadow of his form last year, nowhere near it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reni, SBW, Bobcat with Koops on the bench. No room for DJ in the second Row considering the first 3 played considerable minutes and will do.

Also Haztrick can you give Holdsworth a break one time? 3 of those kicks were from the sideline and he nailed 1. That is about par for the course for a part time kicker. Can hardly blame him for poor goalkicking.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Yup, it has been mentioned here and there over the last month or 2 and I agree it's a valid and interesting option if Folkesy took it. Could be worth exploring if Folkes has had enough of Te Maari not injecting himself as much as he should be. Definately a shadow of his form last year, nowhere near it.
I know aye. Te Maari just isn't offering us much. Glad to see Koups lift tonight but Lee didn't. I picked SBW, Koups and Maitua in my starting back row for next week with Harrison on the bench. DJ misses out because I think Roberts, Groom and Hughes can handle the kicking game. Groom didn't have many chances to kick but he put an excellent grubber (got a dropout) and a long kick into the corner so I'd leave DJ out.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Reni, SBW, Bobcat with Koops on the bench. No room for DJ in the second Row considering the first 3 played considerable minutes and will do.

Also Haztrick can you give Holdsworth a break one time? 3 of those kicks were from the sideline and he nailed 1. That is about par for the course for a part time kicker. Can hardly blame him for poor goalkicking.
I've dropped Bobcat for next week. I know it's mind-blowing because he's Captain and has always deserved his spot but honestly, he isn't performing and has no grunt these days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've dropped Bobcat for next week. I know it's mind-blowing because he's Captain and has always deserved his spot but honestly, he isn't performing and has no grunt these days.
Hey I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. I have thought likewise for a while. It is sacrilige on here to say so but...

I think Bobcat tonight was much better though. We know he won't come close to getting dropped anyway, plays the full 80 mins even with 2 second rowers on the bench, but he made more runs, and they were effective tonight, which is what I have been wanting to see more from him.

Plus he still does alot of cleanup in defense which no one else but Corey will do. Need him for that for sure.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
much improved effort tonight , alll in all well done boys

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Hey I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. I have thought likewise for a while. It is sacrilige on here to say so but...

I think Bobcat tonight was much better though. We know he won't come close to getting dropped anyway, plays the full 80 mins even with 2 second rowers on the bench, but he made more runs, and they were effective tonight, which is what I have been wanting to see more from him.

Plus he still does alot of cleanup in defense which no one else but Corey will do. Need him for that for sure.
He was pretty good tonight. At least better than Maitua who dropped two balls to Bobby's one and had a lot less impact in general play. My bro made me laugh when he was dumbfounded at how slow Ryan was.

All I really want is Harrison to get his shot, because I know for sure he'll bust his butt twice as hard as some of them.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

a game of inches if this happens , if that happens we could go on all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.