Baseball: MLB Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I take it no interest in MLB here since there are no threads?

I'm hoping Philly can repeat what they did last year and win the world series. With the likes of Cliff Lee and Ibanez they have a better team so they have a good shot at it.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clutch HR by A-Rod today to give the Yankees a 2-0 lead in the ALDS against the Twins.

I was going for the Twins, they won 17 of their last 21 matches just to force a play-off match against Detroit to make the post season.

They have now led both ALDS games against the Yankees and lost them both :( They were up 3-1 heading into the bottom of the 9th and lost ffs.

Always support the underdogs :grinning: Angels up 2-0 over the Red Sox in the other ALDS series :D

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Dodgers 2-0 Cards
Yankees 2-0 Twins
Phillies 1-1 Rockies
Angels 2-0 Red Sox

Angels / Phillies would be an awesome world series

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch HR by A-Rod today to give the Yankees a 2-0 lead in the ALDS against the Twins.

I was going for the Twins, they won 17 of their last 21 matches just to force a play-off match against Detroit to make the post season.

They have now led both ALDS games against the Yankees and lost them both :( They were up 3-1 heading into the bottom of the 9th and lost ffs.

Always support the underdogs :grinning: Angels up 2-0 over the Red Sox in the other ALDS series :D

Yeah the twins are the team i follow they have to win there next 3 :/

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Then there were 7...

Dodgers sweep the Cardinals in the NLDS 3-0 with a 5-1 win today, Colorado v Phillies game 3 postponed until tomorrow due to rain.

Hoping the Rockies can upset Philly, they are the only team left in the playoffs who have never won a "world series", currently its 1-1 after the 2 game stint in Philly.

3 games tomorrow, Go Rockies & Twins!

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Red Sox goooorrrrnnneee
Yep! And they led coming in the 9th inning as well before the Angels clocked up 3 runs with 2 outs haha.

Sucked in Sox :grinning:

6 teams left with the Twins playing for survival at the moment against the Yankees at the Metrodome.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only 5 remain now, gee these MLB playoffs are moving at a fast rate, the Yankees sweep the Twins 3-0 after a 4-1 win today, in all 3 games the Twins have led in the 8th innings or later and lost!

So that makes 3 of the 4 Divisional series matchups a clean 3-0 sweep.

The American League Championship Series will be the Angels vs Yankees and the National League Championship Series will be the Dodgers vs the winner of Phillies & Rockies.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Phillies looking to wrap up their NLDS series against the Rockies today in Denver.

The Phillies hold a 2-1 series lead after a 6-5 win yesterday and will be sending their star pitcher Cliff Lee to the mound today, going to be hard for the Rockies to send this one to a decider back in Philadelphia...

Go Rockies!

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rockies unbelievably blow a 2 run lead in the 9th inning to lose game 4 :(

Phillies win their NLDS series 3-1

So, the pretenders are now gone and this is how the Championship Series' match up:

National League Championship Series:
LA Dodgers v Philadelphia Phillies

American League Championship Series:
New York Yankees v LA Angels

Quite possible that we could have a LA v LA world series! :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.