Search results

1. Bulldog_4_Life

Official Staines signs new Panthers deal

Exciting youngster Charlie Staines has signed a new deal with Penrith. The new deal means the 20-year-old outside back has committed to Panthers until at least the end of the 2023 season. “Panthers has done so much for me and my family so it feels good to repay that faith they’ve shown in me,”...
  2. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs target Panthers young gun Charlie Staines for 2021

Penrith's rookie tryscoring sensation Charlie Staines is the latest player on Trent Barrett's Bulldogs hit list for 2021. Staines hit the headlines for scoring four tries on debut in round nine - becoming only the sixth player to do so in the game's history. He added two more tries in his...
  3. Bulldog_4_Life

News Canterbury Bulldogs target Brisbane Broncos Tevita Pangai Jr and Pat Carrigan

Cashed-up Canterbury are ready to take advantage of Brisbane’s imploding season by drawing up a hit list of Broncos’ player targets that includes their captain, Pat Carrigan. News Corp can reveal the Bulldogs have already made discreet expressions of interest in several big-name Broncos, should...
  4. Bulldog_4_Life

News Wests Tigers salary cap shock

Wests Tigers will have just $300,000 to spend next year should the club fail in a bid to offload one of four highly paid players that are in the firing line. In a revelation which exposes the true and shocking state of the salary cap inherited by Michael Maguire, the Tigers will only be able to...
  5. Bulldog_4_Life

News Roger Tuivasa-Sheck considering code switch as angst grows among New Zealand Warriors players

The Warriors are on the brink of disaster with their most senior players, including Tohu Harris and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, considering their futures at the embattled club in a dramatic move which could lead to Tuivasa-Sheck switching codes. Super Rugby side Auckland Blues have reached out to...
  6. Bulldog_4_Life

News Canterbury Bulldogs: Trent Barrett’s blueprint for success

Trent Barrett will be tasked with reshaping the Bulldogs from the bottom up as Canterbury prepares to follow Penrith’s blueprint for success. Bulldogs boss Andrew Hill said Barrett’s ability to connect with players and his openness about his failings at Manly helped convince the club they had...
  7. Bulldog_4_Life

News Brisbane Broncos willing to release Jack Bird to keep David Fifita

Brisbane hierarchy have told Jack Bird he is free to leave immediately as the Broncos build a salary-cap war chest in a bid to stop star back-rower David Fifita quitting to join the Gold Coast. Bird has almost certainly played his last game in Broncos colours with Brisbane bosses giving the...
  8. Bulldog_4_Life

News Cameron McInnes potentially on the outer

Inspirational St George Illawarra captain Cameron McInnes may need to “explore opportunities” at rival NRL clubs if the Dragons stick with Ben Hunt as the long-term hooker. That was the frank admission from McInnes’ agent Steve Gillis that should send shockwaves through the Dragons ahead of...
  9. Bulldog_4_Life

News Coach, but don't poach: Panthers warn Barrett

You can coach – but don’t poach. Penrith would grant Trent Barrett an early release to coach Canterbury but he would leave with a stern warning: Don’t try to take our young guns with you. The second-placed Panthers have a stunning young side, including four gun halves, Barrett may be tempted...
  10. Bulldog_4_Life

News Bulldogs chaos as another coach follows Pay out the door

Canterbury have been plunged into further chaos with assistant Steve Antonelli following Dean Pay out the door. Antonelli was in line to step up and coach the club on an interim basis before opting to quit on Tuesday morning. He joined the Bulldogs after building a close association with Pay...
  11. Bulldog_4_Life

News Canterbury Bulldogs could play games at Belmore if coronavirus NRL fan shut-out continues

Canterbury will explore the prospect of moving their home games to Belmore if fans are locked out of venues long-term. The Bulldogs will become the first club to host a match behind closed doors when they play North Queensland at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night. While that match will remain at...
  12. Bulldog_4_Life

Official 2019 Dally M Awards

Will be updated throughout the night: Dally M Medalist: James Tedesco Rookie of the year: Payne Haas Fullback of the year: James Tedesco Winger of the year: Ken Maumalo Centre of the year: Latrell Mitchell Five-eighth of the year: Cameron Munster Halfback of the year: Mitchell Moses Prop...
  13. Bulldog_4_Life

Social Media Tigers target Storm fullback

Exciting Melbourne Storm youngster Ryan Papenhuyzen could be on the way back to the side he left at the end of 2017 as Wests Tigers reportedly prepare a major offer. The 21-year-old has been in scintillating form since being given a run in the first team under Craig Bellamy this season, scoring...
  14. Bulldog_4_Life

Is it worth it to go on a cruise?

Hey guys, didn't know if there is another thread I could've asked this in and if there is then mods can you move it please! Been thinking about going on a cruise next January, maybe 10 nights or so, never been on an overnight cruise let alone a 10 day long one and need as many review's and...
  15. Bulldog_4_Life

News Bulldogs working overtime to restore credibility to ‘family club’

LAST week, Canterbury Bulldogs appointed a person to help out the NRL club’s WAGs. Yvette Davey recently joined the Bulldogs football club staff as “player engagement co-ordinator’’, a job that requires her to look after the footballers, as well as wives, girlfriends and families. Already...
  16. Bulldog_4_Life

News Kieran Foran tells Canterbury officials he won’t return to Manly

KIERAN Foran has told Canterbury officials he won’t be returning to Manly to reunite with former coach Des Hasler. The Bulldogs were forced to approach Foran recently when reports emerged that Hasler was keen to lure him back to Brookvale. The New Zealand international stressed he is happy at...
  17. C

News South Sydney’s Burgess twins have emerged as shock contenders to replace David Klemmer

DOGS WANT BURGESS TWINS TO REPLACE KLEMMER SURPRISE INTEREST SOUTH Sydney twins George and Tom Burgess have emerged as shock contenders to replace Newcastle-bound prop David Klemmer at Canterbury.
  18. Bulldog_4_Life

New recruit Nick Meaney can help lead Bulldogs to bright future

FOR a kid people thought was “never going to amount to anything”, Nick Meaney has the makings of a future star and Canterbury believe he’s a foundation stone of their rebuild. The young fullback might describe himself as just “a skinny kid from Ballina” but if that’s all he is, he punches well...
  19. Bulldog_4_Life

News How I’ll whip NRL into shape: Peter Beattie

Can I just say first and foremost that I think Beattie is a fucking clown and I don't know how he is in the job but I found some of his recent comments interesting. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Expansion: “It’s a lot harder than I first...
  20. Bulldog_4_Life

Top 5 players in the game?

The NRL is in that stage right now where the stars of the past decade are starting to fade out such as JT and Slater and we are seeing the rise of talented youngsters such as Holmes and Munster, but if we were to compile a top 5 list right now who would make it?, will be interesting to see the...
  21. Bulldog_4_Life

Are we shooting ourselves in the foot by making too many promises.

We have promised CHN, Meaney, Cogger and Crichton first grade football next season, I've seen quotes or videos from each of them confirming this throughout the year. The problem is this was before Lewis, Smith and Martin broke out into the scene. Problem 1: We have Foran on a million dollar...
  22. Bulldog_4_Life

BEST VIDEO ON THE INTERNET!!!

Nah but seriously he makes some valid point.
  23. Bulldog_4_Life

George Coorey standing up for the boys

OUT OF ORDER AND TOUCH SADLY, this is the reaction from the most powerful official at Canterbury Bulldogs over their wild Mad Monday party. George Coorey is the chairman of the Canterbury Leagues Club that funds the Bulldogs. He texted me the following message: “So, the NRL object to players...
  24. Bulldog_4_Life

Spam Andrew Hill

All the fans are outraged and like other posters have said, we have the backing of the majority of supporters across the league and have the opportunity to back Greenturd into a corner here. I doubt Andrew Hill is reading the kennel and all the posts of people asking him to give a big fuck you...
  25. Bulldog_4_Life

The next phases of our rebuild

We have had a successful rebuild up to date, we have gotten rid of a lot of deadwood in our squad such as Woods and Mbye and also rid ourselves of there horrible contracts, we have found some hidden gems in Smith and Lewis who should be mainstays in our team for the next decade and also been...
  26. Bulldog_4_Life

Teenager certain to come into contention as Bulldogs search for replacements for Brett, Josh Morris

CANTERBURY have been busy locking up replacements for the departing Morris twins but it’s a teenage flyer coming through the ranks at Belmore that fans should be dreaming on. The club have signed Penrith’s Christian Crichton and Newcastle’s Nick Meaney for 2019 in preparation for life without...
  27. Bulldog_4_Life

Why can't we have an NRL draft?

Why can't the NRL have an NBA like draft and summer league with the 9's being the comp to showcase each team's new rookies. This could lead to the NRL investing into more junior programs and producing higher quality players. Imagine the excitement we would have knowing that we might land a...
  28. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden’s game plan is simply to go out on field and bash blokes

DON’T let Ofahiki Ogden’s beaming ear-to-ear smile fool you. Behind the wide grin is a young forward eager to make a name for himself in the NRL as a ‘hard as nails’ enforcer. Canterbury’s salary cap woes paved the way for Ogden to make his debut last weekend against Newcastle and now he wants...
  29. Bulldog_4_Life

How did Lewis & Ogden go?

Missed the game today and the debuts of Lewis and Ogden as well as Smiths 2nd game, so how did they go, can we get excited yet? In particular, how was Lewis' kicking game and Smiths defence.
  30. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs may yet re-sign veteran duo Brett and Josh Morris

JOSH and Brett Morris’s Dog days may not be over just yet. The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Bulldogs have put both twin speedsters back on their recruitment and retention list following Moses Mbye’s decision to quit the club at the end of the year, or possibly sooner. In what would be a...
  31. Bulldog_4_Life

Bring back the shoulder charge!

I miss the days where a big shoulder charge could not only change the momentum of the game but get fans excited and revved up. I know it carries all the concussion risks but I don't see why we can't just have the rule where if it makes contact with the head then its a penalty and if it doesn't...
  32. Bulldog_4_Life

Referee Stats vs Certain Clubs - Phil Rothfield Reports

SOURCE: The Dailiy Telegraph - Phil Rothfield AS soon as the Brisbane Broncos beat the Canterbury Bulldogs in controversial circumstances on Thursday night, an interesting statistic emerged on social media. That the Broncos had incredibly won 14 consecutive games under the refereeing of Gerard...
  33. Bulldog_4_Life

The full extent and repercussions of Canterbury’s salary cap hell

GREG Eastwood, a former Kiwi international, was picked to run out onto Belmore Oval on Saturday in reserve grade. Reportedly earning close to $800,000 this season, he would’ve run out onto Belmore Road, if he was asked too. Last year, Eastwood was on a contract worth close to $250,000. The...
  34. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay faces a five-figure fine for labelling several decisions "ridiculous" and "disgraceful" after a review by NRL referees' boss Bernard Sutton ruled the same game-defining calls to be correct. Pay will come under NRL scrutiny after labelling the 79th-minute sin-binning of...
  35. Bulldog_4_Life

Worst team in the comp

We just lost to the 0-4 Raiders without Austin, Wighton, Papalli, Hodgson and lose 3 players to injury during the game.
  36. Bulldog_4_Life

Individual Player Performance Threads

Hey mods, im not too sure on if its possible or not but could we possibly see a new sub-forum for official player performance threads, we are starting to see a lot of threads after every game for a particular player and the threads can be either confusing or not set up right. A few other forums...
  37. Bulldog_4_Life

Player performance discussion

Mbye Has shown some really nice signs early on, this bloke looks like he was made for the fullback position. He has been able to show his pace and strength in his new role and looks like we have finally solved our gaping hole. If he continues to build on his form then he will go into next season...
  38. Bulldog_4_Life

Team for next game

1. Mbye 2. Bmoz 3. Jmoz 4. Hopoate 5. Montoya 6. Foran 7. Lewis 8. Tualau 9. Lichaa 10. Fualalo 11. Jackson 12. RFM 13. To'omaga 14. Ogden 15. Klemmer 16. Woods 17. JMK Our Australian front row have played like shit again, don't get me started on Frawley, fucking Elliot couldn't even hit 40...
  39. Bulldog_4_Life

If you could start a team today...

If you guys could start a team today and were given the salary cap of $9 million what would your teams look like? Every player is available. Obviously, common sense is needed when selecting players and their salaries, a few of current players have their salaries public and if so then use those...
  40. Bulldog_4_Life

Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Boy is he going to have a big year, he looks so much bigger, stronger and faster then he was last year and not the mention how much better he’s defense looks, he has definelty worked on he’s tackling technique over the off season. He can offload the ball in every situation. I am willing to...
  41. Bulldog_4_Life

Ray Dib first Interview post election

Former Canterbury chairman Ray Dib will continue to support the club as a fan. IN his first interview since being dumped by the Bulldogs, former chairman Ray Dib has confirmed his long-term commitment to the club as a member and supporter. “I’m already planning to buy my tickets to every home...
  42. Bulldog_4_Life

Canterbury try to find Moses Suli accommodation closer to Belmore amid reports the troubled recruit

CANTERBURY officials are trying to find accommodation for boom recruit Moses Suli to live closer to Belmore amid reports the troubled former Wests Tiger has received multiple warnings for being late to training. Reports surfaced on Thursday saying Suli had been sent home from practice after a...
  43. Bulldog_4_Life

What would past players command these day?

So I was thinking of a few past Bulldogs players and also how some average NRL players are commanding top coin these days and got to the think how much would some past players ask for in today's market. Hazem El Masri - So being a winger he would probably not get as much as others but honestly...
  44. Bulldog_4_Life

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Okay before anyone says anything, I know the 2018 season hasn’t even started yet but these are some of my favorite topics to see people’s opinions on especially when you consider that we will have atleast 2.3 million to play with but maybe even up to just under 3 million. And it will be Pays...
  45. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs recruit Nu Brown wants to play along side Kieran Foran in the halves

NU Brown has made it clear to new Canterbury coach Dean Pay he wants first shot at partnering the Bulldogs’ $3 million man Kieran Foran in the halves. Foran is yet to hit the training paddock as he continues his rehab in the gym, but there have been no shortage of halves contenders trying to...
  46. Bulldog_4_Life

Rhyse Martin, the 2017 World Cup’s first breakout player

Rhyse Martin. A name foreign to most rugby league fans, but it’s one every footy fan should learn because they’re going to hear it a lot more. Martin, a rangy backrower, starred for the Papua New Guniea in their opening 50-6 demolition of Wales, scoring two tries, 27 tackles, kicked 5 goals and...
  47. Bulldog_4_Life

Crime bosses use drugs, hookers and gambling to infiltrate NRL

TWO of Sydney’s biggest crime figures — known for drug trafficking and money laundering — have been linked to a number of first grade rugby league players following NSW police’s probe into NRL match fixing allegations. The investigation also found crime figures supplied players with...
  48. Bulldog_4_Life

Jake Friend

Strong rumours that he will leave the Roosters with Cronk looking likely to sign with them. What are your guy's opinions on him and where he will end up. Personally, I don't rate him as highly as most people who regard him a top 3-4 hooker in the game, saying that I still think he is a good...
  49. Bulldog_4_Life

2017 Grand Final Discussion Thread

MATCH UPS HOLDEN CUP: Eels vs Manly Sea Eagles STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: PNG Hunters vs Penrith Panthers NRL: Melbourne Storm vs North Qld Cowboys Ok so with a week until the big day is anyone else feeling underwhelmed by it all. The Storm are heavy heavy favourites and should be able to coast...
  50. Bulldog_4_Life

Stupidest Article Ever plus get rid of the family club image.

SO this is the family club. The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. Steeped in intrigue, mystique and a famous “family first” culture, only the “lucky ones” who have ever pulled on the blue and white of the Berries will ever truly understand. If you have played or ever worked for the Bulldogs, you...
  51. Bulldog_4_Life

Just how much are our players getting paid ?

With all the news about us and the cap, I thought why not break down the figures to see where we stand. Now obviously there isn't a way to find the exact figure for each player so im going to go by the rumoured numbers which in the Nrl are close to accurate. Also these are for 2018: 1...
  52. Bulldog_4_Life

Knights building towards something special

The Knights will likely pick up there 3rd spoon in a row however that doesn't stop the fact that they can be serious dark horses next season and have the potential to be something special very soon. At the start of the 2018 season there going to have a squad filled with highly talented young...
  53. Bulldog_4_Life

Nrl Tries Record

At the moment the current record try scorer is Ken Irvine with 212 tries. One would think that Billy Slater would've broken the record if he played the last 2 seasons and could also make it through next season as he currently sits at 178 tries. After Slater, Inglis is next best with 139 tries...
  54. Bulldog_4_Life

Shannon Boyd

Is there a more overrated player. Being a representative Australian prop and regarded by most so called "Nrl experts" as one of the top props in the game, his only run more than 100m in 4 games this season and where in round 19. Tolman is a better player but never gets touted for...
  55. Bulldog_4_Life

State of Origin Discussion

Probably one of the only games this year that im actually excited about. Gives Jacko and Klem a chance to win something because it sure isn't gonna happen at the dogs.
  56. Bulldog_4_Life

Danny Fualalo re-signs with Bulldogs

22-year-old prop Danny Fualalo has signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs until the end of the 2019 season. The hard running forward, who has represented both the NSW Under 18’s and NSW Residents sides, and came through the Bulldogs’ system...
  57. Bulldog_4_Life

Canterbury Bulldogs’ culture called into question but Des Hasler is just about winning

CULTURE is the most overused, often abused, always confused word in the sports world. Every good club has good culture, even the bad ones. Coaches speak to culture in knowing tones. Just don’t dare ask them to explain. I gave that up long ago when I noticed their eyes glaze and words grow...
  58. Bulldog_4_Life

Jayden Okunbor

Ok so I know he scored 3 tries today and im probably just jumping on the hype train. But I really think this guy is a player that can make it here for us (not many around), he does have sloppy hands at times and his defence still needs to be tweaked but he is built like a young Idris and I don't...
  59. Bulldog_4_Life

Klemmer Rubbishes Rumours

Klemmer has confirmed he is working through several issues at the Bulldogs, with a split from ex-player manager David Riolo believed to be at the heart of the situation. Disgruntled forward David Klemmer has refused to commit to the Bulldogs beyond 2017. Photo: Getty Images The 23-year-old had...
  60. Bulldog_4_Life

David Klemmer to replace Paul Gallen as NSW’s State of Origin enforcer

HE has wild eyes and a fearsome scowl. A leg pump to scare away defenders and a body which fills a door frame. A player who, at age 20, told Queensland veteran Cameron Smith after an on-field scuffle: “You’re too old. Give it away.” NSW hard man David Klemmer has taken the enforcer role...
  61. Bulldog_4_Life

Blues flyer Brett Morris feared he’d never play State of Origin again

TWELVE months ago, Brett Morris stood inside The Star Casino promoting a game he never thought he’d play again. “I was doing promotional work for Origin one and two,’’ the NSW winger said. “It was different, that’s for sure. “You talk to any past player, when an Origin match comes on, you...
  62. Bulldog_4_Life

How do you guys relax?

Its been a hectic couple of months for me and I feel so tense at the minute but haven't been able to so something to completely relax and zone out for a while. So what do you guys find helpful to do to just let your hair down and relax. Oh and anything other then gym and/or music cause I already...
  63. Bulldog_4_Life

Des Hasler accuses referees of ‘panicking’ in loss to Sydney Roosters

CANTERBURY coach Des Hasler has accused referee Gerard Sutton of “panicking”, and suggested he will ask the NRL to investigate further, after the whistleblower appeared to change a call against the Bulldogs with the game in the balance. Trailing by two with eight minutes to play, Dogs winger...
  64. Bulldog_4_Life

Greg Inglis admits himself to mental health clinic

GREG Inglis has admitted himself to a mental health clinic with depression. Channel Nine reporter Danny Weidler said the injured South Sydney superstar had “no real choice in the matter” because he was feeling so low. Inglis suffered a serious knee injury in round one that will keep him off...
  65. Bulldog_4_Life

Tigers LOL

2017: Sack Taylor Simona incident Lose Moses, Tedesco, Woods Tedesco disses club Brooks involved in night club incident Elijah Taylor wants an early release to return to NZ All this and were not even half way through the season yet.
  66. Bulldog_4_Life

Rep Round of the Bulldog

How good did our players go through this rep round. Graham - Probably the best player on the field in the England vs Samoa match. 165m, 1 try, 32 tackles (none missed). Hopoate - MOTM (Fiji vs Tonga). 2 try assists, 2 line break assists, 6 tackle breaks, Klemmer - While unspectacular was...
  67. Bulldog_4_Life

Kieran Foran has told Warriors he is leaving next season

KIERAN Foran is wavering over whether to join the Canterbury Bulldogs. The Daily Telegraph understands Foran’s management has been given a Canterbury contract but it remains unsigned. The Warriors are heavily pressuring Foran to re-sign and the New Zealand international has told friends he is...
  68. Bulldog_4_Life

City Origin Team

1. Matt Moylan 2. Clint Gutherson 3. Nathan Ross 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Bryce Cartwright 7. Chad Townsend 8. James Tamou 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Gallen 11. Curtis Sironen 12. David Gower 13. Hame Sele 14. Nathan Cleary 15. Joseph Paulo 16. Pauli Pauli 17. Jake Marketo Is...
  69. Bulldog_4_Life

Most Iconic NRL Photos

Interested to see what photos you guys can find that epitomize why we all love rugby league. Lets try to keep this thread on topic please.
  70. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs tell NRL their players won't be available for City-Country clash

The Bulldogs have told the NRL and NSWRL their players will be unavailable for selection for next weekend's final instalment of the City-Country representative match. Bulldogs coach Des Hasler doesn't want to risk losing players to injury in a match many clubs deem as irrelevant, but also is...
  71. Bulldog_4_Life

Bargain performer Matt Frawley kickstarts talks to stay at Bulldogs

HE has been the bargain performer of the season, now Bulldogs halfback Matt Frawley looks set to be rewarded with a contract extension. The Daily Telegraph can reveal Frawley has kickstarted preliminary discussions to remain at Belmore beyond his current contract, which expires at the end of...
  72. Bulldog_4_Life

Bad Rotation

Why the fuck was Klemmer kept off for so long? Why does Fuckwood start if Elliot played more minutes then him? Why it the fatcunt Kasiano come on for only two 10 min stints?
  73. Bulldog_4_Life

Transfer Discussion

So after a hectic week of transfers and after months of speculation, the thing that most people are overlooking is that this is just the start, there is still a host of players off contract with a couple of teams preparing to throw the cheque book at them. Most recognisable players still on...
  74. Bulldog_4_Life

Unheralded Bulldog Adam Elliott recreates Canterbury’s hard working foundation creed

HE IS the unfashionable and reliable Bulldogs back-rower recreating Canterbury’s famous foundation creed of hard work. Adam Elliott may not attract the big headlines, but he makes up for it through his never-say-die attitude. Simple yet honest in his approach, the proud Bega boy is a throwback...
  75. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs Big 4?

With all the talk about the Tigers big 4 and whether they can actually be considered a big 4. Who would you guys consider to be the Bulldogs "Big 4" and would you consider them a legitimate big 4.
  76. Bulldog_4_Life

Moses Mbye’s playing stats show suitability for fullback allowing Matt Frawley to stay

THESE are the statistics that show Moses Mbye could become one of the NRL’s most potent fullbacks in a switch that would allow Des Hasler to keep the unknown halfback who saved his Bulldogs career. Hasler will again have to produce a masterstroke this week with long-term playmaking project Mbye...
  77. Bulldog_4_Life

Marcelo Montoya

Has anyone ever seen a player so comfortable under the high ball, the guy puts his body on the line by staying on the ground to catch those spiral kicks with on coming defence and also he always takes a run coming of our line. Just want to see him get some early ball and some good kicks to his...
  78. Bulldog_4_Life

What happened to them?

What ended up happening to that electric 2011 Warriors NYC team, every single player in that team was regarded as a future star and I don't remember any of them making it other then Feki and Taukeiaho. They turned us over by 60 in the semis if i remember correctly and they were labeled the best...
  79. Bulldog_4_Life

Rebuild

First I just wanna say that these thread doesn't reflect my opinions and more so to see were my fellow kennelers stand on this topic. Our current squad has arguably exited its premiership window and that is due to the fact that most of our squad has either passed its peak or yet to enter it...
  80. Bulldog_4_Life

Injuries

Has anyone else realized how many injuries have occurred this season across all teams: Round 1: - Jesse Bromwich (Thumb, Round 5) - Greg Inglis (ACL, Season) - Peta Hiku (Fractured Eye Socket, Round 7) - Joe Tapine (Finger, Round 7) - Agnatius Paasi (Shoulder, Round 4) - Isaac Liu (Shoulder...
  81. Bulldog_4_Life

Just the Basics

So part of my studies I have had the opportunity to talk with a representative from the Storm, the Broncos and the Dragons. And the topics I was able to bring up was leadership, plan for success among other stuff but the most surprising thing that stuck out to me was when the Storm rep said that...
  82. Bulldog_4_Life

NRL round 2 games (Non Bulldogs)

Games: Rooster vs Bulldogs Warriors vs Storm Broncos vs Cowboys Knights vs Titans Manly vs Rabbitohs Raiders vs Sharks Tigers vs Panthers Dragons vs Eels A heap of good games this weekend.
  83. Bulldog_4_Life

Jackson takes D'Rhys Miller under his wing

Bulldogs star Josh Jackson has been acting as a mentor to promising backrower D’Rhys Miller. Continuing the legacy of what his mentors like David Stagg, Frank Pritchard and Dene Halatau did for him when he first came into grade, Jackson has taken Miller, a graduate of the NYC, under his wing...
  84. Bulldog_4_Life

Fensom and Lee forced out of Canberra

RICKY Stuart has appealed to the NRL to find a better way to reward loyalty in the salary cap, with Canberra poised to release Shaun Fensom and Edrick Lee on the eve of the new season. Stuart told The Daily Telegraph the decision to release the pair was “the hardest thing I have had to do as...
  85. Bulldog_4_Life

Morris singles out two rookies

CANTERBURY star Brett Morris says Bulldogs fans should keep an eye out for the progress of promising young players Brad Abbey and Marcelo Montoya heading into the early part of the season. Abbey and Montoya were both included by coach Des Hasler in a 21-man squad for the trial game against...
  86. Bulldog_4_Life

Stadiums help results?

So I was on a 6 week holiday from early November to mid December traveling across 5 countries watching futbol (soccer) from teams such as Man Utd, R.Madrid, Barca, Dortmund, Celtic, Ajax etc. And the thing I noticed was just how much the crowd can push forward a team and how much more enjoyable...
  87. Bulldog_4_Life

Kayln Ponga

Seven clubs, including two Sydney heavy weights, are vying for Cowboys young gun Kalyn Ponga Nick Walshaw, The Daily Telegraph October 14, 2016 7:16pm Subscriber only TEENAGE prodigy Kalyn Ponga is about to become the most wanted rookie in rugby league, with seven clubs, including two Sydney...
  88. Bulldog_4_Life

Rookie of the Year

Would love to know everyone's thoughts on who should win it this year (Rookies of the year). If we're looking at all likely candidates: - Ashley Taylor - Nathan Cleary - Suliasi Vunivalu - Bevan French - Cody Walker - Latrell Mitchell - James Fisher Harris French and Cleary only played about...
  89. Bulldog_4_Life

Rebuilding the team

Ok so after the game today everyone has been talking about how we need to rebuild the squad and how we have useless players wasting the cap. Now if we go through the players that are past it or just shit: - Jmoz (used to be my fav player and it pains me to have him on the list) - Bmoz (probs...
  90. Bulldog_4_Life

How many players are good enough?

Honestly how many players do we actually have that are fg standard, I know that every team needs some cheap players to just do a job and not cost much but the players have to atleast be able to tackle and run hard. 1. ??? 2. ??? 3. JMoz 4. Lee 5. BMoz 6. Reynolds 7. ??? 8. Klemmer 9. ??? 10...
  91. Bulldog_4_Life

Holmes or Trbojevic

Hey guys I was talking to a friend about who you would rather have in your team at fullback. Thoughts on who you would rather?
  92. Bulldog_4_Life

Sydney Roosters stand down recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan amid NRL investigation

SYDNEY Roosters have stood down recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan as the NRL investigates the respected talent scout. The NRL confirmed late on Friday it has issued O’Sullivan a notice of intention to cancel his registration as it investigates alleged breaches of the NRL rules. The Roosters...
  93. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldogs to decide if former Kangaroo Brett Morris will contest Four Nations

CANTERBURY flyer Brett Morris has revealed Bulldogs officials will determine if he is available for an Australian recall, saying: “That decision will be totally up to my club”. Now eight weeks into his return from a serious knee injury, Morris is firming for a return to the Kangaroos side that...
  94. Bulldog_4_Life

Tigers in trouble for 2018?

After the recent resigning of Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks until the end of 2017, the tigers could find themselves in a deeper hole than now. They are going to have Brooks, Moses, Woods, Farah*, Simona and Tedesco all off contract at the same time. Not to mention the likes of Naiqama...
  95. Bulldog_4_Life

David Klemmer, Moses Mbye have expressed their desire to be Bulldogs for life

WHAT does Canterbury mean to rising stars David Klemmer and Moses Mbye? For Klemmer it means negotiating a rich new four-year deal worth over $2 million without a manager. For Mbye, it’s the decision to sign-on until 2020 for less money than what he could’ve secured elsewhere. Ahead of...