Player performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye
Has shown some really nice signs early on, this bloke looks like he was made for the fullback position. He has been able to show his pace and strength in his new role and looks like we have finally solved our gaping hole. If he continues to build on his form then he will go into next season a top 6 fullback comfortably.

Montoya
Has been solid without being spectacular, is one of the safest players under the high ball in recent memory, hasn't really had a chance to show his pace or finishing ability yet. Still, a really nice building block for us during our rebuild and looks like a mainstay in the side for a long time. Hope he starts getting better ball.

Jmoz
I think he has been pretty good for the ball he has gotten and the form of the side overall. Still good defensively and has shown improvements offensively which can be put down to getting better ball than previous seasons. Expecting a return of about 11 tries from him this season.

Hopoate
Been underwhelming since being switched back to his favoured position at centre. Doesn't look engaged at all. Was horrible defensively in the first game of the season and while he did improve his defence in the second game his attack has been really poor.

Bmoz
Same as his brother. Been decent and has had a few good runs and performed well however he isn't receiving early clean ball in attack and therefore hasn't been able to make an impact at all. On defense he has been okay and has been good under the high which is expected of an experienced winger like him. Expect him to be our highest try scorer at the end of the season.

Frawley
F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G. He has had 2 or 3 good runs in the first 2 games but other then that has been really poor. His kicking game is below average and he has close to 0 IQ on the field. He does the same thing over and over again and can't wait until he is out of the team. He is a 4th option at best as a club half.

Foran
There have been some real promising signs, I love how he carries the ball right to the line and I think with his playmaking skills he will help turn RFM into one of the best backrowers in the comp. I love the height he can get on his kicks and he looks hungry on the field with a good attitude. He has struggled a little on defence mainly due to his shoulder but that was always going to happen, it will improve as the season goes on and he gets more comfortable with it. I do think he is a 5/8 though and not a halfback.

Woods
He was good in the first game but really poor in round 2. He just needs to put his head down and run and try to get a quick play the ball. He is offloading well which is a good sign but he looks too slow and needs to improve his leg drive. His defence has been good.

Lichaa
Has continued to look a complete different player and watching him does excite me. I can't wait to see him develop his game from now and see if he does reach his potential. However, he still needs to work on his passes and needs to learn to pass off the ground more then he does, by the time he always picks it up and takes the 1-2 steps he does the defence line is in the face of our forwards.

Klemmer
Has been really poor. From a player of his calibre, you would expect a lot better then what we have seen. He needs to seriously improve his leg drive and continue to develop that offload. A lot of the time he gets the ball flat-footed and by the time he gets going, he is already met by the defenders.

Jackson
I think he has bulked up too much. He looks to have lost some lateral quickness and it has affected his defence. He was left isolated a few times by Hopoate in the first game for the 2 tries but other than that he hasn't actually been too bad. He needs to really develop his running game if he wants to go to the next level. I still think he is one of our better players and will come good.

RFM
I have the biggest man crush on him. He looks in great condition and is a gun. I can see him being one of the premier backrowers in the game. He has definitely improved his tackling technique and it has shown. I love how he can just offload the ball from nothing but I just don't want him to overplay his hand and start throwing unnecessary offloads. I would like to see him get better early ball and see the problems he can cause the defence.

Fualalo
He has been okay in both games without being special, I think right now he is better suited to being our first prop option off the bench. It would be good if he can develop an offload but even if he just puts his head down and runs as hard as he can it would be all we would need off the bench. Solid start so far.

Tolman
Garbage.

Elliot
Shit.

Eastwood
Below Average.

JMK
Hasn't been too bad. Good utility off the bench but I think he needs to be even more quality minutes. He needs to learn to inject himself into play more and really try to be that spark off the bench.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's big problems with the roster. As fans if there's players that show some glimpses of promise we get excited based on the rubbish we've had in the past, also plenty of players being talked up based on their past (Morris boys) who really aren't as good as people make out.

Put it this way, if our whole team was on the open market which top sides would approach those players to sign them. Montoya, Hoppa, Morris boys even Foran I doubt would get decent deals elsewhere. Lichaa was unsigned at the end of last year, he didn't sign with anyone else probably because no deal was put to him.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coach
Terrible bench selection and rotation.
Defence is a shambles - product of poor conditioning and attitude
Structures inside attacking 20 (even against 12 players) woeful

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our starting pack is great. Put some big boys on the bench. Lichaa can play 80 no need to sub him off.

Hoppa has been our best outside back in terms of yardage. Morris twins and Montoya need to get there heads out of there arse and start helping the forwards by taking some effictive hitups.

Kicking game was disgraceful was a major issue last night. Every kick went straight to there back 3 on a full. There started all sets very strongly. Therefore keeping there forwards fresh while gassing ours.

We have a good roster. The roster is not an issue. Our players are just not gelling and our outside backs i.e Morris twins and Montoya need to start pulling there weight. Our centres and wingers all 4 should be running over 100m per game as a bare minimum.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Buldog_4_Life and Interestingg pretty much bang on ... nothing much more to add really.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
you are easily excited if you are excited by lichaa

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
John Olive just scored a pretty nice try in NSW cup, wasnt to flace but showed decent pace, awareness and strength to beat the last defender. Thats 2 tries for him today. I think he will be biting at the heels of Montoya or Hoppa soon.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mbye
Has shown some really nice signs early on, this bloke looks like he was made for the fullback position. He has been able to show his pace and strength in his new role and looks like we have finally solved our gaping hole. If he continues to build on his form then he will go into next season a top 6 fullback comfortably.

Montoya
Has been solid without being spectacular, is one of the safest players under the high ball in recent memory, hasn't really had a chance to show his pace or finishing ability yet. Still, a really nice building block for us during our rebuild and looks like a mainstay in the side for a long time. Hope he starts getting better ball.

Jmoz
I think he has been pretty good for the ball he has gotten and the form of the side overall. Still good defensively and has shown improvements offensively which can be put down to getting better ball than previous seasons. Expecting a return of about 11 tries from him this season.

Hopoate
Been underwhelming since being switched back to his favoured position at centre. Doesn't look engaged at all. Was horrible defensively in the first game of the season and while he did improve his defence in the second game his attack has been really poor.

Bmoz
Same as his brother. Been decent and has had a few good runs and performed well however he isn't receiving early clean ball in attack and therefore hasn't been able to make an impact at all. On defense he has been okay and has been good under the high which is expected of an experienced winger like him. Expect him to be our highest try scorer at the end of the season.

Frawley
F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G. He has had 2 or 3 good runs in the first 2 games but other then that has been really poor. His kicking game is below average and he has close to 0 IQ on the field. He does the same thing over and over again and can't wait until he is out of the team. He is a 4th option at best as a club half.

Foran
There have been some real promising signs, I love how he carries the ball right to the line and I think with his playmaking skills he will help turn RFM into one of the best backrowers in the comp. I love the height he can get on his kicks and he looks hungry on the field with a good attitude. He has struggled a little on defence mainly due to his shoulder but that was always going to happen, it will improve as the season goes on and he gets more comfortable with it. I do think he is a 5/8 though and not a halfback.

Woods
He was good in the first game but really poor in round 2. He just needs to put his head down and run and try to get a quick play the ball. He is offloading well which is a good sign but he looks too slow and needs to improve his leg drive. His defence has been good.

Lichaa
Has continued to look a complete different player and watching him does excite me. I can't wait to see him develop his game from now and see if he does reach his potential. However, he still needs to work on his passes and needs to learn to pass off the ground more then he does, by the time he always picks it up and takes the 1-2 steps he does the defence line is in the face of our forwards.

Klemmer
Has been really poor. From a player of his calibre, you would expect a lot better then what we have seen. He needs to seriously improve his leg drive and continue to develop that offload. A lot of the time he gets the ball flat-footed and by the time he gets going, he is already met by the defenders.

Jackson
I think he has bulked up too much. He looks to have lost some lateral quickness and it has affected his defence. He was left isolated a few times by Hopoate in the first game for the 2 tries but other than that he hasn't actually been too bad. He needs to really develop his running game if he wants to go to the next level. I still think he is one of our better players and will come good.

RFM
I have the biggest man crush on him. He looks in great condition and is a gun. I can see him being one of the premier backrowers in the game. He has definitely improved his tackling technique and it has shown. I love how he can just offload the ball from nothing but I just don't want him to overplay his hand and start throwing unnecessary offloads. I would like to see him get better early ball and see the problems he can cause the defence.

Fualalo
He has been okay in both games without being special, I think right now he is better suited to being our first prop option off the bench. It would be good if he can develop an offload but even if he just puts his head down and runs as hard as he can it would be all we would need off the bench. Solid start so far.

Tolman
Garbage.

Elliot
Shit.

Eastwood
Below Average.

JMK
Hasn't been too bad. Good utility off the bench but I think he needs to be even more quality minutes. He needs to learn to inject himself into play more and really try to be that spark off the bench.
For all the work you put it, its premature adjudication. They have pills for that

How can we judge the side yet, after 2 rounds against top teams we arent ready for yet. A waste of time imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.