Knights building towards something special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Knights will likely pick up there 3rd spoon in a row however that doesn't stop the fact that they can be serious dark horses next season and have the potential to be something special very soon. At the start of the 2018 season there going to have a squad filled with highly talented young players mixed with some experienced veterans that still have something to offer. However there most impressive trait that I've seen is there ability to get up for games even when victory seems impossible.

There side at them moment will look something like this:

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. SKD
5. Elliot
6. Watson
7. Lamb/Cogger
8. D.Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Ese'Ese
11. Mata'utia
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Wardle
16. J.Saifiti
17. Stone

That team has so much potential but has one major flaw, no primary playmaker and no solid kicking game. And if they can nab Maloney then this is a team that can sneak into 8th position next season.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Knights will likely pick up there 3rd spoon in a row however that doesn't stop the fact that they can be serious dark horses next season and have the potential to be something special very soon. At the start of the 2018 season there going to have a squad filled with highly talented young players mixed with some experienced veterans that still have something to offer. However there most impressive trait that I've seen is there ability to get up for games even when victory seems impossible.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. SKD
5. Elliot
6. Watson
7. Lamb/Cogger
8. D.Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Ese'Ese
11. Mata'utia
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Wardle
16. J.Saifiti
17. Stone

That team has so much potential but has one major flaw, no primary playmaker and no solid kicking game. And if they can nab Maloney then this is a team that can sneak into 8th position next season.
Apparently they are getting
Lichaa and possibly Maloney as you noted
If lichaa without Des can become the player we all had hoped for, and they do get Malone then they really will be a real contender and good on them

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Levi is better than Lichaa

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. SKD
5. Elliot
6. Watson
7. Lamb/Cogger
8. D.Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Ese'Ese
11. Mata'utia
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Wardle
16. J.Saifiti
17. Stone

I was talking them up in a previous thread also. I think they will be a real force next year. I still think signing maloney is a long shot given he is still on contract and no one is the wiser as to where cronk will play next year or if he will play at all. But wven without him i think they can make the 8 next year if they have a good run.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know about this serious dark horse stuff but yeah they will have a far better squad than us and should be fairly competitive next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was talking them up in a previous thread also. I think they will be a real force next year. I still think signing maloney is a long shot given he is still on contract and no one is the wiser as to where cronk will play next year or if he will play at all. But wven without him i think they can make the 8 next year if they have a good run.
Maloney ~> Knights
Walker ~> Sharks
Cronk ~> Souths

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently they are getting
Lichaa and possibly Maloney as you noted
If lichaa without Des can become the player we all had hoped for, and they do get Malone then they really will be a real contender and good on them

if Liccha becomes the player we always hoped for then I swear Des should be sued for fraud and impersonating as a coach and he should return all his a salary back to dogs for last 3 years.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maloney ~> Knights
Walker ~> Sharks
Cronk ~> Souths
Maloney isnt going anywhere. He said so in tv only 2 days ago. Also reckon Cronk retires or stays in melbourne. We cant afford him or walker anyway.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I respect what is happening at the Knights, it took them a couple of years of beatings but they now stand as competitive, its been done the hard way but now the no names have a bit of stick.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maloney isnt going anywhere. He said so in tv only 2 days ago. Also reckon Cronk retires or stays in melbourne. We cant afford him or walker anyway.
Cronk wont stay in Melbourne. He is coming to Sydney to be with his fiance.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
big difference between exceeding expectations coming onto the scene playing along side some of the best players in the comp and then having to live up to the hype with support players just as inexperienced. massive ask for ponga/watson next season and can see the knights finishing no higher then 12th

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
big difference between exceeding expectations coming onto the scene playing along side some of the best players in the comp and then having to live up to the hype with support players just as inexperienced. massive ask for ponga/watson next season and can see the knights finishing no higher then 12th
Exactly. The world is full of good young blokes who come into grade surrounded by seasoned top class footballers who when given a full time shot don't come up to spec. Biggest problem for these kids is that everyone, including their teammates will be expecting them to lead them around the park and it won't happen. We have the same problem with Mbye and Lichaa. Individually they are both good footy players but we expected them to step up and lead and they haven't. If they go to a different structure they will no doubt go gangbusters.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like the 1988 dance hit by Yazz, The Only Way is Up for Newcastle.

But "Something special" might be a bit of an exaggeration.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I respect what is happening at the Knights, it took them a couple of years of beatings but they now stand as competitive, its been done the hard way but now the no names have a bit of stick.
Exactly. Have already started the clearance of players; hear Paea is off to ESL again...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great signings indeed.. however their forward pack will remain their weakness until they sign a few more experienced forwards

They can take Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.