Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh OK it's only ten years ago.
Throw your sister up to marry him then
Thats got nothing to do with footy. In society it's our responsibility to give 2nd chances to people - no matter what they have done. He pled guilty and paid the price. The question is whether he has shown enough to not be a repeat offender and has shown enough personal growth to be able to contribute personally to the NRL and to society. Obviously The Roosters, Penrith and now The Bulldogs believe that he has shown enough to be given a 2nd chance.
Its better to give someone a 2nd chance when they have f$c&ed up - to see if they are prepared to man up...then to shun them from society.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This topic of giving player a second chance comes up a lot in NRL.
We know he committed a serious crime of domestic violence.
What we don't know is what has happened since in his personal life, his level of remorse, or whether he has been active in educating others about domestic violence and respect for women generally.
If the club has indeed signed or is looking closely at him, I'm hoping they have looked very closely at all these issues before making a decision.
This process should apply in any workplace.
In 2024, the argument that someone has done the time and should be forgiven is not good enough.
They need to do more. Much more.
60 women were killed in DV incidents last year and more than 10 this year already.
The club has an opportunity to raise awareness of the DV crisis. If a player with such a record or their management are not happy with that then the risk is such a signing would send a mixed message about where the club stands on DV, which in turn compromises players and fans.
And misses an opportunity to help make women safer.
Which is far more important than rugby league.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why are discussing this ? The disgusting act was before roosters or panthers? Let’s not drag it up and make it like it’s news or even anything to do with us.

I don’t condone any of this shit but it’s confusing as if it’s his return since? He’s been at multiple clubs contending since.

We also have no idea what happened, what he faced at that time and what he has done since to try and earn any respect back.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are discussing this ? The disgusting act was before roosters or panthers? Let’s not drag it up and make it like it’s news or even anything to do with us.

I don’t condone any of this shit but it’s confusing as if it’s his return since? He’s been at multiple clubs contending since.

We also have no idea what happened, what he faced at that time and what he has done since to try and earn any respect back.
It’s extremely avoidable to pass on someone of his playing ability with that past. If it was Nathan Cleary people would be re considering

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big hitter could help harden our young props coming through in reggies maybe signed for reggies

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FB saying its official signing - nothing on the website though

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Fair point this also. I didn't realise it was so long ago and that he's been at two nrl clubs since.

What I do find interesting is the morale outrage over this, which I do understand and relate to.

Why is it confined to domestic violence against women?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats got nothing to do with footy. In society it's our responsibility to give 2nd chances to people - no matter what they have done. He pled guilty and paid the price. The question is whether he has shown enough to not be a repeat offender and has shown enough personal growth to be able to contribute personally to the NRL and to society. Obviously The Roosters, Penrith and now The Bulldogs believe that he has shown enough to be given a 2nd chance.
Its better to give someone a 2nd chance when they have f$c&ed up - to see if they are prepared to man up...then to shun them from society.
Some lines should never be crossed and when they are you should carry the burden of punishment for all time, bashing a women is the act of a coward and on par with being a pedo for mine, fuck him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Some lines should never be crossed and when they are you should carry the burden of punishment for all time, bashing a women is the act of a coward and on par with being a pedo for mine, fuck him.
Mate I agree. Though same breathe he’s been in the nrl for two nrl heavyweights since.

I’m not remotely implying I know. If he straight up bashed a women… well.

If this is another case of what Reynolds went through then it’s also another whole different story.

My point is this. I personally know nothing on it. Do you? Do you know what happened? What consequences he faced a decade ago? Why the roosters and panthers accepted him since? What he has done since ?

Till you can fill me in I’m prepared to trust in ……… GUS[emoji23]

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I agree. Though same breathe he’s been in the nrl for two nrl heavyweights since.

I’m not remotely implying I know. If he straight up bashed a women… well.

If this is another case of what Reynolds went through then it’s also another whole different story.

My point is this. I personally know nothing on it. Do you? Do you know what happened? What consequences he faced a decade ago? Why the roosters and panthers accepted him since? What he has done since ?

Till you can fill me in I’m prepared to trust in ……… GUS[emoji23]
My comment is just about the act not the signing mate, people are assuming we have signed this bloke on a rumour and we seen how that panned out with SST

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
All good. Time will tell. Zane is a good bloke but the medical side of things worries me.