Zane tetevano signed for 2024

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know his condition now after a few years away from nrl + the heart issue. But he was a solid player in his last few years in nrl. Imo he was a very underrated player. Was wishing barrett could bring him here then.

A hard and tough prop. I can see the benefits of having someone like him to the development of young players like todd, hopoi, hughes etc.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was Ok in his day. He may have a bit of life left in him given the chance.

But I can see what Gus is doing here. We only have one spot left and theres no decent props available at the moment. So Gus is plugging the hole with a decent forward while having the option of replacing him through retirement or some contract that allows the Dogs to replace him if a better option comes along.

This would make sense if we are signing Daniel Suluka-Fifita who is injured and won't be available until mid season. The Dogs think Suluka-Fifita is ideal to develop and may come in handy later. So Tetevano may be a stop gap player to add a bit of depth in the meantime.

Either way it looks like we are not going to get a top Mid this year unless someone like Klemmer becomes available. So in the mean time all we can do is have stop gap measures.

I can even envision that we don't end up getting any top Mid for next year either as evidenced in pulling out of the Fanua Blake and Terrell May negociations. I think we will be developing out own mids whether thats within or by getting a good young mid with a bit of NRL experience we can develop.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I very sincerely and still pragmatically hate this signing.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Breaking News Bulldogs have also signed Mark Geyer and Shane Webke to add experience and aggression to their Leagues Club security. In a photo released by the club Lachlan Lewis can be seen handing ties to the two veterens, which Lachlan took from the club without permission. (Sarcasm).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Breaking News Bulldogs have also signed Mark Geyer and Shane Webke to add experience and aggression to their Leagues Club security. In a photo released by the club Lachlan Lewis can be seen handing ties to the two veterens, which Lachlan took from the club without permission. (Sarcasm).
Fuck I’d take Webke in a heartbeat

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Uncalled for & just a low life comment ..
I believe he's trying to highlight the fact this guy was charged and about to go to prison for assaulting his wife.

And making the point that by supporting this signing, you're supporting domestic violence which I think is a silly comparison.

It's interesting that we only highlight domestic violence for our morals compass and not the whole range of other devious behaviours many football players get up to ...

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should've offered Darryn Schonig a 1 year deal before he left for ESL, at least he would've been better depth.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that's irrelevant if the doctors have given him the all clear to play again then there's no need to retire....

prime example Christian eriksen who collapsed at the euros few years ago and is now still playing professional football in the premier league
Fair enough.