YOUR Team vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I felt really sorry for Armit, he got some absolute deadset horror plays and one out balls from his halves. Poor excuse of a gameplan that ****ing side was today, no respect to our forwards at all.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
payne has to start i reckon we need the livewire of the bench not just a utility but someone with spark just how dragquenmergermilkers use stanley do people reckon seizer could fit that role or other names

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Lafai
4. Idris (Wright if injured)
5. Goodwin
6. Roberts
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Ryan
13. Stagg
14. Paea
15. Payne
16.Millington
17. Keating

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
God no to everyone saying Wright. Worse defensively than Idris, has a severe case of butterfingers (can't hold a bloody ball), and pace isn't that grand. He's joined by Junior Tia Kilifi in the "I leave my position to let a player run through the massive hole I create" club.

Here's my side. Changes NEED to happen.

1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Lafai
4. Goodwin (yes I realise he's a winger/fullback but more on this below)*
5. Lett
6. Keating
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Paea
11. Pritchard
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Halatau
15. Payne
16. Millington
17. Roberts

Call me crazy but there are a few reasons why this could work.

• Paea, Payne, Millington are all aggressive ball runners who can offload, and will hit the line and bend it. Can cover Second Row or Prop. Mobile ball running props are pretty common these days over big boppers.
  • Goodwin is too slow when we need pace out wide. His defence is decent so why not let him play inside Turner to give him quality ball, without having things die on the fringes.
  • Lett next to Lafai is a combination other sides will hoope like hell never sees first grade. Lett and Lafai both have decent footwork, good pace (Lett is a flyer in open space), and Lett is safe under the high ball.
  • Hodgson, Kasiano, Armit all need time in NSW Cup.
  • Roberts can provide impact off the bench alongside Halatau in key positions.
  • Idris needs time in NSW Cup. Defence is shocking, and he's flat in attack. He's reading too much of his own hype and needs NSW Cup to make him a bit more humble and concentrate on his game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
wouldnt be a bad idea to give idris the boot this comin week
he may be injured anyway, but the boot isnt the answer either. He cant be the best thing since sliced bread one minute then reserve grade after a few not unexpected losses. He does need to go to the second row where his defence wont cost us tries. Also the second rowers get more bench time, might help him with intensity.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Ben Barba
02. Steve Turner
03. Tim Lafai
04. Jamal Idris
05. Goodwin
06. Ben Roberts
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis
10. Andrew Ryan
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Corey Payne
13. David Stagg

14. Mickey Paea
15. Armit
16. Jake Foster
17. Halatau

Goodbye Keating never rated you and would take ANY 5/8 in the game over you including Sutton you can't pass for **** and can't do ANY decent attacking kicks

Only thing that saves you is your support play

Also Idris wasn't always at fault in defense we were trying to have a sliding defense except THE BLOODY FORWARDS DID NOTHING AND STOOD STILL Idris actually played well defensively and read the play pretty well if you guys noticed he was often outnumbered in defense because the fowards didn't help him

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Roberts to start and keating off the bench only to relieve ennis for 15 or 20 minutes

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Roberts. Has to be back. He carved them up in NSW Cup last week.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just wondering whether anyone else agrees with this team (wont happen though):
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Dene Halatau - defensively will be good, can play all game really, 80 min player in my opinion.
4. Tim Lafai
5. Michael Lett
6. Kris Keating - not playing as badly as everyone says, not as flashy as roberts but consistent.
7. trent hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman - did he play for the whole 80 mins. if so he is insane.
9. michael ennis
10. Mickey Paea
11. Corey Payne
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Ben Roberts/ Josh Reynolds - give him a chance?
15. Grant Millington
16. Frank Pritchard
17. Sam Kasiano

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Dene Halatau - defensively will be good, can play all game really, 80 min player in my opinion.
4. Tim Lafai
5. Michael Lett
6. Kris Keating - not playing as badly as everyone says, not as flashy as roberts but consistent.
7. trent hodkinson
9. michael ennis
10. Mickey Paea
11. Corey Payne
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

15. Grant Millington
16. Frank Pritchard
17. Sam Kasiano
Unless you can magically fix Reynolds busted knee, that side won't happen!

Also I don't think Halatau is match fit enough for 80 minutes at centre, but is a fairly solid option for that position.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you can magically fix Reynolds busted knee, that side won't happen!

Also I don't think Halatau is match fit enough for 80 minutes at centre, but is a fairly solid option for that position.
oops. my mistake. didnt know that reynolds was injured. my fault.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Foster to return with Roberts/Millington pushing for selection.

I'd keep Payne on the bench, he offers variety and would lose his effectiveness by starting.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
4. Tim Lafai
5. Michael Lett
7. trent hodkinson
9. michael ennis
10. Mickey Paea
11. Corey Payne
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

15. Grant Millington
16. Frank Pritchard
17. Sam Kasiano
dont know why Goodwin is the scapegoat and deserves dropping at all. I dont recall him making any mistakes that cost tries today, he runs the ball up with gusto all match and kicks goals well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
dont know why Goodwin is the scapegoat and deserves dropping at all. I dont recall him making any mistakes that cost tries today, he runs the ball up with gusto all match and kicks goals well.
He's slow. Strong runner and good leg drive, but lacks speed for a winger.

Sure he can finish, but anyone in the NRL backline would catch him.

Lett offers speed, safety under the high ball, and defence. Doesn't kick though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's slow. Strong runner and good leg drive, but lacks speed for a winger.

Sure he can finish, but anyone in the NRL backline would catch him.

Lett offers speed, safety under the high ball, and defence. Doesn't kick though.
Hes slow. And if he could run faster we would be 5-0?

Speed is good but not EVERYTHING.

This is just a carryover from Haz. Oh no our goalkicking winger is slow. [cry]

Sigh.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely, he's very much like Haz. A safe player, but he had a shocker last week.

Problem is speed is somewhat everything. If you have a winger floated a ball and unmarked, and that winger can't take off, they can cost you points.

Likewise kick returns. The faster the winger the more ground covered on a kick return.

I'd recommend checking out Lett in NSW Cup. A few times this season from kick returns he's split the defence and run 40m.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Absolutely, he's very much like Haz. A safe player, but he had a shocker last week.

Problem is speed is somewhat everything. If you have a winger floated a ball and unmarked, and that winger can't take off, they can cost you points.

Likewise kick returns. The faster the winger the more ground covered on a kick return.

I'd recommend checking out Lett in NSW Cup. A few times this season from kick returns he's split the defence and run 40m.
yeah but an nrl defence wouldn't let lett do that

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

How often to wingers actually run the ball back? they pass it to a forward if the fullback doesnt get it.

Lett is fine but Goodwin is cement in the FG side. Hes our goalkicker, and a fine one, and doesnt enough else to keep his spot.

Ppl are kidding themselves if they think they will drop Goodwin who has been cement in the side for ages, just for someone who is a little faster

I repeat.....Goodwin is being used as a scapegoat.

Idris let in 2 tries this week and some in previous weeks. Ryan dropped the ball a million times today and caused a penalty right in front of our posts WHEN IN POSSESSION EARLY IN THE TACKLE COUNT. sack em all i say. Sack em and ban thier families from the club. yaaarrrrrrrrr

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same team BUT

Armit and Hodgson, awful. Dropped immediately.

Ben Roberts has to be in this 17. Too good of a player to be missing out and I don't care who burns me for this but IMO he is and will always be better than Kris Keating.

Status
Not open for further replies.