Your spine for the rest of 2022

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That's my team!
As u know bro - give me the keys. Nothing but good things will happen.

Its just that Gus doesn't trust me. It wasn't my fault. @south of heaven recommended 'her' for Gus and guaranteed a hole like a cream bun. Southie was right, except the cream bun came with a hot dog. 90 mins later when Gus left the room, he gave me the Griffin look. This is what u get for trying to do good things for people :upset:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1) Kate Upton (awesome jumping up taking bombs)
6) Adriana Lima (happy to watch her working off Margot)
7) Margot Robbie (not the best to look at compared but obviously has some skills)
9) Charlize Theron (coz we need some experience in the middle of the root ruck).

Still winning fck all but at least I'll enjoy watching the team getting smashed each week.
Jessica Sergis fullback

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We now definitely know that Flanno jnr is not going to be wearing the 7 in 2023. Gus knows who he wants for this role in 2023. If its an internal appointment we will see them on the bench and then when the time is right they will start and Flanno will be moved on. If we don't see this happen soon, we know he is going external, quite possibly for someone we have never given a 2nd thought to and they will be on-board by 1 Nov 22. Gus will have been watching Nico Hynes at Cronulla closely to see how a non-traditional 1/2 back works out for them. Really just need soneone on the opposite side to Burton who is capable of generating attack and can commit in defence. Only time will tell ....

Reactions: CCC

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven’t seen much of BBO at halfback . I watched a bit last week and thought he was ordinary. Ran sideways and looked like he couldn’t organise a root in a brothel.

I’d persist with Flanno because he is on a decent wage next year and if he shows something we may be able to offload him. But even if we do there isn’t much else out there
I think the more he plays the less likely we will be able to offload him.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
BBO needs a good game today in Cup for me to feel like he might deserve a shot in the halves. Was really poor last Cup game, probably our worst player but lets hope he plays well. I hate how Flange gets this special treatment from media and representatives within the NRL when the **** is just fucking shit who has had daddy his whole life to save him.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the more he plays the less likely we will be able to offload him.
I do think there is a visa rule in the ESL that you have to play a certain number of first grade games in the NRL the year before you come over.

Certainly not sure though

If that’s the case getting him to that number will at least put that on the table as an option for him

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BBO needs a good game today in Cup for me to feel like he might deserve a shot in the halves. Was really poor last Cup game, probably our worst player but lets hope he plays well. I hate how Flange gets this special treatment from media and representatives within the NRL when the **** is just fucking shit who has had daddy his whole life to save him.
I'll post his stats when available bro

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven’t seen much of BBO at halfback . I watched a bit last week and thought he was ordinary. Ran sideways and looked like he couldn’t organise a root in a brothel.

I’d persist with Flanno because he is on a decent wage next year and if he shows something we may be able to offload him. But even if we do there isn’t much else out there
Flanno is a sunk cost. In business you try not to make the wrong decision just to justify the sunk cost. Cut him I say

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Screw it, let's fight lol

What's the spine you would pick and stick with in this abortion of a season?

1. Avo
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. ZDC

To explain, I'm thinking of 2023 exclusively IE Avo being an option at FB, BBO being an option at HB and ZDC being a back up for Mahoney.
That’s what I think too bro. Not here in 2023, not worth persistenting with.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's probably the best 4 for the spine but I'll make Burton the chief playmaker - don't care whether he wears 6 or 7, as long as he calls the shots. The only GF winning 7's in the comp that will make a big difference to this side are DCE, Keary and Cleary but they are locked up and not available. The other 7's off contract won't lead us to a GF. I got laughed at by many on TK when I said before this season started that Burton should be our main playmaker because I knew we had 3 dud HB options in Avo/Wake/Flanno.
Many "experts" on TK said "Burton is a running 6 and not an organising half". What organising skills Avo/Wake/Flanno have at HB? None.
The same "experts" have all gone silent backing Avo/Wake/Flanno at HB and watching them fail repeatedly.
It's about time the club recognised that 2022 is a write off and we should build our team around Burton and give him the rest of the season to learn and get the experience to lead the team.
Before those experts respond, remember this. Thurston was a part time bench player/reserve grader in 2004 filling in for Anasta when he was injured etc. Thurston was NOT an "organising half" when he played first grade at the Dogs. The Dogs had a choice between Anasta or Thurston at 6. Anasta was still on contract for 05, Thurston was not.
Thurston then went to Nth Qld and coach Murray had the smarts to make him the HB and build the team around him. The rest is history.
That's what this club is missing - vision and leadership from the head coach and staff.

Last edited:

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Cook is regressing at an alarming rate sadly.
Imagine if we ever had the other Cook ie Damien at our club. You'd sign him up for life.

I went with some friends to a Souths v St Merge game a few years back.

We were in one of the corporate boxes and I was introduced to some other people one of whom was Damien Cook's wife.

I said I was sorry that the Bulldogs made the mistake of letting him go.

She told me that he never wanted to leave the Bulldogs.

You can imagine how that made me feel.

Just more retention mismanagement from our club.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Screw it, let's fight lol

What's the spine you would pick and stick with in this abortion of a season?

1. Avo
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. ZDC

To explain, I'm thinking of 2023 exclusively IE Avo being an option at FB, BBO being an option at HB and ZDC being a back up for Mahoney.
My spine shudders every time I think of watching the dogs play.
As for the actual question....
*shudders spine*

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1) Kate Upton (awesome jumping up taking bombs)
6) Adriana Lima (happy to watch her working off Margot)
7) Margot Robbie (not the best to look at compared but obviously has some skills)
9) Charlize Theron (coz we need some experience in the middle of the root ruck).

Still winning fck all but at least I'll enjoy watching the team getting smashed each week.
Or the team smashing each other ;)

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo
Burton
Flanagan (no one else, I don’t think BBO is a 7, would just be throwing him in the deep end)
Cook

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Avo
Burton
Flanagan (no one else, I don’t think BBO is a 7, would just be throwing him in the deep end)
Cook
All due reapect to you and others picking Cook, have you been watching him in the reserves?

He Is regressing more and more. Dud buy.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The Flanno part is the reason why I believe he’s still starting for us. We are hoping some club thinks he can play and is worth some of that salary to take him off our hands.