• Kyle Flanagan

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • Bailey Biondi-Odo

Votes: 50 29.8%

• Total voters

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they could somehow get him ready for a first grade 7 then BBO. Otherwise I'd go Flannagan until we get better as I think he would compliment Burton's game the most.

No great options here but Averillo is definitely not now and will never be a controlling 7 to compliment Burton.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo all day. The kid can have his bad games but he’s still our best option. Lol at all those who voted for the flamingo

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt about it. Flano is our only accomplished 7. We all can see Avo isn't a 7, yet Baz persists on the theory of pick your best 17 then find spots for them.
I'd love to see Flano have a go with Burton and see how we perform in attack. Flano hasn't had a competent half with him so far at the Dogs so after our first loss, I'd be trying Flano and Burton. Give the kid a shot Baz.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubt about it. Flano is our only accomplished 7. We all can see Avo isn't a 7, yet Baz persists on the theory of pick your best 17 then find spots for them.
I'd love to see Flano have a go with Burton and see how we perform in attack. Flano hasn't had a competent half with him so far at the Dogs so after our first loss, I'd be trying Flano and Burton. Give the kid a shot Baz.
No

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck NO

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Voted Wakeham

I want Flanagan there but I think he needs time to build up before playing there again. He'd be most capable for what we need.

Definitely for now Wakeham.

BBO has potential to be a future star, I want him to continue to mature while also using his spark off the bench.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The only thing I hate about Jake is that for 30 mins in a game he gies missung and doesnt make hinself available for the action......30 mins is a long time thats 35% of the game. Take note next Sun. Or better watch the replay . 30 mins..
I thought he went quiet after his disallowed try

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many threads a week do we need on this? For now it's Averillo whether people like it or not. People need to forget about Flanagan. He won't play for us again.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see what Wakeham can do behind a forward pack making metres.

IN the 2nd half against the Cowboys it seemed as if the Cowboys stayed back and gave Averillo some space to move hence his runs. Would like to see Wakey with that sort of space and forwards running off his hip etc.

He's that type of player that plays what's infront of him. He's defence is good for a half and a player of his size.
He can throw a cut-out pass and do the odd kick here and there.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Picked Flanno coz I just want the will he be any good with Burton question put to bed. And a shot at getting some value from the cap space hes using. If hes still rubbish after a few games then fuck him off to reserves.

Avo to me is either not a half at all or just way too green at it. I still see avo as a back. Happy for him to prove me wrong.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Burton would prefer Jake as his halfback. Matt came here for the opportunity to control a team. Jake not being a traditional halfback gives him that role. Against the cowboys I thought they combined well in patches and will get better at it. They were shackled only when the forwards wanted to play settlers on the line.
As for people wanting to see our other sevens behind this new forward pack, my opinion is let's see Jake afforded that oppurtunty first.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I want to put the whole Kyle Flanagan thing in context, just in case people are missing things.

Barrett signed up to coach us after a disastrous stint at Manly and regaining some kind of credibility as being an assistant coach at Penrith (and being accredited with coming up with a style of attacking play for Penrith)

Barrett's coaching stint with us, is pretty much known as "make or break" for Barretts head coaching future.

In one of his first year and major recruitment pursuits, he signed up Kyle Flanagan on a 3 year contract and publicly stated that Kyle was going to be the focal point of our attack.

Barrett gave Kyle the start of the season (last season) and persisted with Kyle when it was clear it wasn't working.

Kyle was then finally dropped to reserve grade and told to work on his game.

Kyle was given another go in first grade but then very quickly dropped again to reserve grade. This immediate dropping of him would suggest that Kyle's game did not develop at all.

Barrett will live and die by his KPIs and bluntly the Kyle Flanagan signing is a Barrett signing. Barrett needs to have positives to be maintained as coach, he would be desperate to have one of his major signings BE A SUCCESS.

Instead Barrett has opted for Averillo in the halves to partner Burton. Kyle is no where to be seen, even though this is a major minus mark against Barrett.

So given all the reasons that are there for why Barrett should pick Kyle but yet chooses not to pick him, doesn't that tell you that Kyle is fucking shit?

Just adding to this - there wasn't any chance for him to play NSW Cup with the Covid Situation. Basically all Kyle could do was keep working hard in training and watching film when he clearly needs the match fitness and reps to work on his craft. The same goes for Wakeham and BBO. Hopefully, he can build some confidence as our Cup team puts some big scorelines on and he can prove to Baz and Gus he's knocking the FG door down.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise he was playing injured in the second half?
No I dont Mutt. Did they say anything. What injury. Tell me more. However its not the first time Ive noticed he has been missing in games.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think BBO is the long term half. Avo for now because there is no one else