young guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky8

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've been talking to a mate who plays for the bulldogs and he tells me that promising youngsters jarrad hickey and callan myles(brother nate training with first grade) have been training the house down in premier league. Does anyone know a little about them and if they are a chance of playing 1st grade this year

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
rocky8 said:
I've been talking to a mate who plays for the bulldogs and he tells me that promising youngsters jarrad hickey and callan myles(brother nate training with first grade) have been training the house down in premier league. Does anyone know a little about them and if they are a chance of playing 1st grade this year

they might Folkes has still got 3 players un named in the 25 squad!!!
ATM only 22 are on the list
check www.bulldogs.com.au to see who is on the list
but yeah the bulldogs are good with Surprising us with Players out of nowhere!!!

2004 Premiers

i know abit about jarrad hickey he is a young forward built abit like a glen hall i dont think he will make first grade any time soon but probably in the next 2 years he could push for a spot.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Jarrad Hickey played football with Sonny, I'm assuming he is mates with Cameron Phelps. I haven't seen him play football but if Sonny says Hickey is good, then that should be about right.

Another thing, Chris Armit and Trent Cutler played for the same team as schoolboys :O

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
As in Sonny aka Justincredible (kennel mod)

H

Howlett

Yeah i knew hickey heaps well, played 2gether and the guy is built like a man mountain

has no chance for playing firsts for a while, prolly 2-3 years but is a no nonsense forward who will be big one day

Phelps is the superstar tho, saw his bro 2day, he said cam is training like crazy, maybe see a WCC appearance?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think because of the injuries, either Cutler or Phelps will play in the centres. But since Cutler was chosen in the squad, I think Folkesy will opt with Cutler in the centres, and Phelps promoted to first grade squad (perhaps just part time), to play as a utility off the bench.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I knew Cutler was going to get the nod in FG before any other Pl player but no everyone else knew Phelpsy was in before Cutler!!!

I know Phelps is good but he would be better in his proper position 5-8th

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nate Myles if he gets a run in first grade watch out.

Goes as hard out as shrek does.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
i think that Cameron Phelphs should start playing full-time, five-eight in premier league to get him ready for that position in 2006 if Anasta leaves.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure is, seeing as i know nothing about all our Premier league players only from wat i have seen when some have been elevated to first grade spots, but yeh cant wait to see the young guns in action next year

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I enjoy these threads. Can't always get to the games, and when I do I just don't know anything about the younger players going around in the lower grades.

At least, now, there are some I'll recognise.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Cause we may not.....be the Young Guns......very long lol

if you watched young ones once in yo life you know what im crapping on about

H

Howlett

Here is a list of players to watch from premier league that could really shake the nrl next year. Sure we have lost players like price, thurston, scott, feeney, maiava but dear god we have some awesome depth

* Myles, Armit, Cizlowski, Hickey and Thurling for Price and Maiava
* Phelps, Cutler and Green for Thurston
* N Armit, McQuirk (recently toured usa, played with him for 6 years, he has talent), Conn and Mitchell for Feeney and Scott

*Tuitavake (i think may of left) and Frizzo are big guns in centres and wing spots.. watch out for em

H

Howlett

yeah we just bought him this year so i dont know 2 much about him

Funny thing is, we r saying look out for these players..

Asotasi is early 20s
SBW is 19
Utai is 23
Anasta is 23
O Meley is 24
Lolesi is 23
Ryan is 25

We deadset have the best future ahead of us

I remember back when we were the oldest team in the comp.. hahah suckers

A

Anil

Our oldest player now is El Masri. Since we cleaned out the place of senior citizens LOL, IE Price, Maiava, G Hughes, Scott and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.