You know the world cup is a joke when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that was almost what they did in 2000, but it made the pool stage ridiculous because the whole thing comprised the good teams smashing all the minor nations. (NZ beat lebanon 70-0 or something, and there were plenty of other scorelines like that, just embarassing stuff.) at least this way there are some pool games that are a bit competitive.
But does that not happen in all marquee events? In soccer world cup qualifiers and even the main tournament teams lose 5-0 4-0 so on, rugby union world cup nambia gets thrashed etc and even the olympics no one checks the time difference between first and last.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
only ten teams is a disgrace.. why dont they add another 6 teams.. im sure they could find them.. and split the groups up evenly.. showing what png did the other night its unfair on them, and is unfair on the other 6 teams besides england australia and new zealand fightin for one spot!! they have tried to rush the tournament by only playing it on weekends.. fifa world cup and RU world cup are played during week days..

even if they jus found another 2 teams and made 3 pools of four and mixed it evenly and the top 6 ranked sides go into a finals series or elimnations

i feel sorry for png.. and all the rest.. its a joke.. its pretty much you lose one game your out of the tournament!!

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
its a joke when they advertise that sh!tty australia movie.... like wtf.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
its a joke when they advertise that sh!tty australia movie.... like wtf.
I thought I was watching a commercial for that movie and not an opening ceremony for the 'world cup.'

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate that movie

I am going to make it my goal to make sure I never watch it
not even 3 seconds of it

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aus vs NZ was live here hth.

P.s The 'Opening Ceremony' was a complete joke, and I could barely understand what Inglis and Campbell were saying, they need to speak clearly.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

P.s The 'Opening Ceremony' was a complete joke, and I could barely understand what Inglis and Campbell were saying, they need to speak clearly.
*shakes fist in anger*

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Totally agree! I could understand maybe every 2nd or 3rd word Inglis was saying.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Was the whole oepning ceremony on aborignals? If so epic discrimination

Christabella

Reaction score
That was my intended point, that Australia don't want Tasmania lol.

If no one wants Tasmania, I guess no one wants Ricky Ponting?
You're mistaken Ricky Ponting doesn't want Tasmania either that's why he resides in NSW.
The only people based in mainland Australia who seem to have a fondness for Tasmania are those at the Hawthorn football club ... and that says it all about Hawthorn really.

Back on the topic of the thread how about the poor sods in Qld, generally speaking they are the most fanatical about rugby league anywhere in the country and they didn't even get to see the game until after it had finished.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Some people are so short sighed its ridiculous, yeh Australia pretty much has it won but did you see PNG play, the heart and passion and wait until Samoa/Tonga clash, it will be good, this is a chance for some international footy and yeh it may be predictable but they have to start somewhere again after the 2000 fiasco, people should just stop whinging and get behind it

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, thats actually the only game I'm looking forward to.

*betrays own country and people* Go Samoa.
oh man, I am pumped for this match! good choice playing it in Penrith with fobs galore. fierce rivalry will make for some big hits... wouldn't be surprised if a biff broke out.

will defs. be cheering for Samoa but not totally sure about the result.. don't want to be eating my words like after the RWC last year..

Status
Not open for further replies.