You know the world cup is a joke when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The feature game Aus v NZ is on delay when it could have been on prime time. Really how do you want people to watch the game when the biggest rugby league even isnt even on live. FFS the IRL is a joke

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol i just heard on the radio the 2nd half just started

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and when natalie bassingthwaighte sings mariah carey's "hero" and it's the official song of the "world cup"
a rugby league "world cup" is a joke lmfao. the name "world cup" for rugby league is like an insult to the FIFA world cup and the RU world cup and the FIBA world cup and pretty much every other sport world cup...

M

MikeyP..

but wait, you know how only the aussie games are going to be aired on channel 9. What about the other games? will they be shown on fox?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
yeah i think the rest r on fox.

lol seriously this mite sound ****ed but australia should b divided up into nsw and qld in the world cup just like great britain is split up

M

mofo sixx

foxtel prolly has the rights i guess which is why its delayed?

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
foxtel prolly has the rights i guess which is why its delayed?
nah, fox is showing the game on delay at 10.30 tonight. i think nine has just decided to delay the game rather than **** up its schedule by moving 60 Minutes and everything. (and putting it on delay means they can put in more ads, which is probably the main reason.)

I

I R Cookie

and when natalie bassingthwaighte sings mariah carey's "hero" and it's the official song of the "world cup"
a rugby league "world cup" is a joke lmfao. the name "world cup" for rugby league is like an insult to the FIFA world cup and the RU world cup and the FIBA world cup and pretty much every other sport world cup...
i'm pretty peeved at how she butchered that song. they should have found someone with better vocals.

I

I R Cookie

yeah i think the rest r on fox.

lol seriously this mite sound ****ed but australia should b divided up into nsw and qld in the world cup just like great britain is split up
problem with that is that NSW and QLD are part of one country whilst England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales are all different countries but are part of the kingdom known as Great Britain. Mind you, either QLD or NSW would still beat any other nation.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm pretty peeved at how she butchered that song. they should have found someone with better vocals.
or had her sing a rock/pop song at least. i like her with the rogue traders (well some songs) but not singing mariah carey haha.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at the game, and tbh the best part of the game was the 5minute long mexican wave! It wouldnt end, I think we broke some sort of record. When you thought it was going to die off if picked right back up, lol.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
think it's safe to say that non australian matches are more entertaining then australian games as we know aus will go through this undefeated, unless the kiwis or england's form dramatically change, the whole schedule i find is annoying with the top 3 in group a go through then the top team in grp b and c play for a place to play the 3rd place in group a, wouldn't it b better to have england, nz and aus in 3 seperate groups and top 2 teams go through like normal world cups, anyway the tournement is a joke now that from my knowledge you gotta go on a computer to watch live games...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I assumed it was live, then I swith to 513 to see "28"-6 full time score.

Good stuff to all involved. A delayed WORLD CUP game AND OPENING CEREMONY. Fantastic. I will definitely tune in for the other boring and predictable DELAYED games.

Money, money.... yeah yeah.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
the whole schedule i find is annoying with the top 3 in group a go through then the top team in grp b and c play for a place to play the 3rd place in group a, wouldn't it b better to have england, nz and aus in 3 seperate groups and top 2 teams go through like normal world cups
that was almost what they did in 2000, but it made the pool stage ridiculous because the whole thing comprised the good teams smashing all the minor nations. (NZ beat lebanon 70-0 or something, and there were plenty of other scorelines like that, just embarassing stuff.) at least this way there are some pool games that are a bit competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.