Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuck no. Look at payten and the cowboys right now, we need a coach like that with a fast paced style suited to the modern game

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like jizz explode cause we are so excited or explode like Bellamy spit going everywhere in the coaching box bro?
Like Bellamy spit bro. I got no idea who the coach is but TK will never be happy regardless. The list of candidates aren’t the best.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gee, I wouldn’t mind having a player that everyone has to catch up to, instead of look behind to see..
Yep agree. Hastings has the highest avg runs and run metres of any halfback in the comp at 20 runs for 134m. The closest to him is Hynes with avg of 17 runs for 119m.
Anyone who thinks Hastings is bad, just doesn't watch him play.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Yep agree. Hastings has the highest avg runs and run metres of any halfback in the comp at 20 runs for 134m. The closest to him is Hynes with avg of 17 runs for 119m.
he's fine but not someone I'd tie in with madge for

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half back is imperative if we starting again yes I would take Hastings and Madge as an accessory.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan > Morris > Green > Ciraldo > Madge > Wolfe > Fittler in that order IMO. All better than Fittler. If Gus hires Fittler I'd seriously question anything else he does in future

Kennel Established
Reaction score
fuck no. Look at payten and the cowboys right now, we need a coach like that with a fast paced style suited to the modern game
Payten has been impressive with the cowboys! Especially what he did with the warriors in 2020 with covid, injuries, and players staying in Oz and missing their families. Bellamy, Payten, Flanagan would be my preferences in order if available. We need to bring back the mongrel!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers were unhappy Gus came out saying there may be a walkout of Tigers players following Maguire out the door. As was reported Hastings in particular is very, very close to Maguire. Hastings said he'd like to play the rest of his career for Mag.

I noticed on his Twitter Gus posted about Maguire's sacking along with Hasting's message to Maguire thanking and praising him ???

Is Gus thinking along the lines of getting both ?

Interesting to see what the majority think
It would certainly sweeten the deal. Tommy Talau would be good too. We need a strike centre

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't want McGuire no matter who he brings

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you want Hastings over Hughes? Or Moses? Hastings isn’t bad, but not hard to look good in a very bad team.

Over the last few years the club has tried to money ball it’s way out of this mess and the way I see it more than half our team that will be in our next premiership window would have not played a FG game today. We need to find the next Hughes/Moses etc, that will be with us for +10 years.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would certainly sweeten the deal. Tommy Talau would be good too. We need a strike centre
Have you watched tommy? He’s been terrible one of their worst players drops it nearly every touch. I laugh at my tigers mate he’s always going off about him haha