Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers were unhappy Gus came out saying there may be a walkout of Tigers players following Maguire out the door. As was reported Hastings in particular is very, very close to Maguire. Hastings said he'd like to play the rest of his career for Mag.

I noticed on his Twitter Gus posted about Maguire's sacking along with Hasting's message to Maguire thanking and praising him ???

Is Gus thinking along the lines of getting both ?

Interesting to see what the majority think

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't really rate Maguire as a coach. He failed miserably at/with the Tigers. I'm still hoping it's Flanagan who I think will have more pull for players over any of the other candidates tbh.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings and Laurie might do it for me. I still think Maguire is a decent coach but Tigers admin seem like a bunch of amateurs. Maybe they had an impact on failed recruitment. Doubt even Bennett would have been successful at the Tigers.

My number one is still Flanagan and hopefully he can still bring Hastings or even better in Munster or Moses.

We sign Flanagan with assistants Ennis and John Morris. Ciraldo to the Tigers. Warriors should get Kristian Wolfe.

Last edited:

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very much on the fence. I do think this team needs a tough old school style coach rather than woke bloke which only leaves Flange Snr and Madge.

However, probably would accept Madge if Hastings and co came and it meant no more flange Jnr.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very much on the fence. I do think this team needs a tough old school style coach rather than woke bloke which only leaves Flange Snr and Madge.

However, probably would accept Madge if Hastings and co came and it meant no more flange Jnr.
Made can’t attract players and the games has past his old fashioned coaching methods

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Madge's record at the Tigers.. 38%.. 9th, 11th, 13th and 13th his four seasons there.. He finished 12th his last season at Souths.. Hasn't made the finals in 5 seasons.. Can people please stop mentioning him as a candidate...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Madge's record at the Tigers.. 38%.. 9th, 11th, 13th and 13th his four seasons there.. He finished 12th his last season at Souths.. Hasn't made the finals in 5 seasons.. Can people please stop mentioning him as a candidate...
Who mentioned Madge, I was wet dreaming over Hastings..