Would you rather get the spoon than come 14th or 15th?

Would you rather get the spoon or avoid it at all costs

• I'd rather get the spoon

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I'd rather avoid it at all costs

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Is the footy still on

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I'd rather get the spoon than finish 14th or 15th . It holds more value to our club .

I know it sounds weird but it's like the first step in the 12 step program.

It forces you to face the problem, at the moment Pay is using that subjective excuse of were improving.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, but problem is, even if we get the spoon pay will still be proud of "our boys, and the effort they showed" and try to use salary cap issues and previous admin to weasel out of any of the blame imo. We joke about getting the spoon, well I know I do, but I don't seriously hope we actually get it. But that's just me

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A club is judged by the amount of premierships and spoons they have. Finishing 14th or 15th means no spoon added to the tally so I want to avoid it at all costs.

Also it's not like there's a huge upside next year, like 2008 where it looked like we hit rock bottom and were on the up. Next year looks like more of the same.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wooden spoon never.. I know many rival fans that will rejoice at the outcome .. I wont hear the end of it..

FCK That

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pay's excuses are very valid, tbh.....as for last night's performance, it was obviously no improvement, but if anyone expected this young side to sustain the same level of performance from its first few games on a consistent basis, they are living in Disneyland. It's a young side....games like this will happen. I thought we'd beat Parra but always expected us to suffer some really ugly losses following all these disruptions and departures and given all the young faces in our side.

Put down the pitchforks and try being realistic please Kennel.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't want to get the spoon, because the "3 amigos" will be the excuse for that, and the next years one and the one after that.

I want us to avoid it this year, because otherwise the only way is up, and therefore finishing 15th next year will be viewed as a success.

I want us to finish about 14th or 15th (15th more likely as Parra and Cowboys play each other in a few weeks so we will get leapfrogged if we dont snag a win).... that way if we get the spoon in 2019 the board can't hide behind the previous administrations excuse again.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wooden spoon never.. I know many rival fans that will rejoice at the outcome .. I wont hear the end of it..

FCK That

Well Parra fans do and they are probably over the moon that they have accumulated the following ,several in succession......

13 (1947, 1952, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1970, 1972, 2012, 2013)

We have won 5 and our last two in 2002 and 2008 were really the result of points stripped due to salary cap issues (2002)and the fact that injuries and players leaving like Mason, O'Meley, Sherwin and SBW cruelled us.Oh and yeah that year was also another one in which board upheavals cost us (2008).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
. “is the footy still on” ?

Hah.. but no spoon thanks.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get the spoon, at least you have something to show for all that work.

Coming 2nd through 15th you get fuck all.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't want to get the spoon, because the "3 amigos" will be the excuse for that, and the next years one and the one after that.

I want us to avoid it this year, because otherwise the only way is up, and therefore finishing 15th next year will be viewed as a success.

I want us to finish about 14th or 15th (15th more likely as Parra and Cowboys play each other in a few weeks so we will get leapfrogged if we dont snag a win).... that way if we get the spoon in 2019 the board can't hide behind the previous administrations excuse again.
You do have some issues, why do you follow the dogs if you want this current admin to fail so hard? If they get the spoon next year they can blame it on your best mate dibtard for hiring pay and fucking the club over like no person has ever done to the bulldogs before.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unless we win the premiership it doesn’t matter where we finish. Wooden spoon or not we are in a big hole right now.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

This year is already on Pay and the current board...well the Andersons.
We had 10 wins last season and we started this season with arguably a stronger team only to find out the off season was a total miss with a rookie coach and the squad being ripped apart.
Next season more of the same by the looks of it with them front loading contracts to create cap space for when Ben Anderson is appointed coach.
There I said it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

FCK That
Bro, you got a spoon. No one messes with anyone who has a spoon. Shove it directly up your mates anus's - then you won't hear the end of it... the end of them whining in pain that is ;)

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I'd rather get the spoon than finish 14th or 15th . It holds more value to our club .

I know it sounds weird but it's like the first step in the 12 step program.

It forces you to face the problem, at the moment Pay is using that subjective excuse of were improving.
Is it harder to win the premiership or the wooden spoon? Hmmm

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This year we wanted to honor Steve Folkes.

We kinda do if we get the spoon, because his last year as coach with us was when we got the spoon in 2008.

Interestingly after that Kevin Moore was brought is as coach.

History seems to be repeating itself!

You do have some issues, why do you follow the dogs if you want this current admin to fail so hard? If they get the spoon next year they can blame it on your best mate dibtard for hiring pay and fucking the club over like no person has ever done to the bulldogs before.
I don't... see I'm one of those people who can't tolerate incompetence.

If you say something - DO IT.

All the talking in the world makes fuck all difference unless actions follow.

Once again you are acting like the board. Looking for excuses and blame instead of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.