Would you rather get the spoon than come 14th or 15th?

Would you rather get the spoon or avoid it at all costs

• I'd rather get the spoon

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I'd rather avoid it at all costs

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Is the footy still on

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This year we wanted to honor Steve Folkes.

We kinda do if we get the spoon, because his last year as coach with us was when we got the spoon in 2008.

Interestingly after that Kevin Moore was brought is as coach.

History seems to be repeating itself!

I don't... see I'm one of those people who can't tolerate incompetence.

If you say something - DO IT.

All the talking in the world makes fuck all difference unless actions follow.

Once again you are acting like the board. Looking for excuses and blame instead of action.
What more do you want them to do? They have already let two players go before the june 30 thingy to help free up money, they are not renewing beastwood or the morris boys, they are obviously clearing the decks so they can attempt to get out of this horrible mess we are in faster. What else could they be doing? We can't buy players that are simply not available.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, you got a spoon. No one messes with anyone who has a spoon. Shove it directly up your mates anus's - then you won't hear the end of it... the end of them whining in pain that is ;)
I think they might secretly enjoy that.. bunch of closets they are

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one ever wants the wooden spoon. I didn't want it as a kid, even when I deserved it and I don't want it now for my club!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro, you got a spoon. No one messes with anyone who has a spoon. Shove it directly up your mates anus's - then you won't hear the end of it... the end of them whining in pain that is ;)
You won't see the end of it either :laughing:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay's excuses are very valid, tbh.....as for last night's performance, it was obviously no improvement, but if anyone expected this young side to sustain the same level of performance from its first few games on a consistent basis, they are living in Disneyland. It's a young side....games like this will happen. I thought we'd beat Parra but always expected us to suffer some really ugly losses following all these disruptions and departures and given all the young faces in our side.

Put down the pitchforks and try being realistic please Kennel.

AAAAHHHHHHH isn't it nice to get a decent post FFS, sick of some of the shit some posters are posting, I am sure some participants on this Forum are posting through their Ass's!!
Thank you UH!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What more do you want them to do? They have already let two players go before the june 30 thingy to help free up money, they are not renewing beastwood or the morris boys, they are obviously clearing the decks so they can attempt to get out of this horrible mess we are in faster. What else could they be doing? We can't buy players that are simply not available.
Yet other clubs seem to be able to. We need to recruit experience because juniors can't perform without experienced players to guide and help them.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet other clubs seem to be able to. We need to recruit experience because juniors can't perform without experienced players to guide and help them.
Unfortunately we are not the rorters, we can't just buy ourselves a premiership winning side.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have to remember that it was 2018 Parra that won - they are a very ordinary footy team - yet despite the dogs having plenty of ball - parra still one. The current squad wont win a premiership - they try hard but the are not good enough and have a coach who has a lot to improve on as well. If there are 5 to 7 spots to fill I the squad and about 1.8mill to spend - quality outside backs, one "mongrel" forward would help a lot.
Lewis is not overly skilled in attack but his attitude and effort is first rate. Hed be so much better with a quality half and number 9 around him

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
AAAAHHHHHHH isn't it nice to get a decent post FFS, sick of some of the shit some posters are posting, I am sure some participants on this Forum are posting through their Ass's!!
Thank you UH!!
Haha thanks mate.

I can see why people are frustrated. I just don’t think we want to become known as a club that is known for hastily sacking Fischer’s on top of all our other problems. I’m not sure if Pay is the right fit. But while I don’t agree with all the decisions he has made (why Brown isn’t playing more minutes/ starting is a total mystery to me at this stage), he does seem to be doing a good job of keeping our players motivated in tough circumstances ....and if we did sack him, the media would maul us for being too reactive towards our coach in difficult coaching circumstances and make it more difficult to attract new talent to the club.

Our attack misfired last night, but had looked better the past few rounds... at other times, defensive lapses have cost us.... it’s not like it’s the same problem costing us every week.

He has said he wants to be competitive and make the finals next year. Doesn’t seem like he’s making excuses yo me. Sounds like he’s being optimistic.... he’s not hiding and he has inherited a set of circumstances that would be a nightmare for any coach.

People here may be right that he’s not the answer, I don’t know... but whether they think he is or not, I think he deserves more of a chance and a bit more respect as a former premiership winning player who obviously gives a shit. He’s doing a pretty thankless job at the moment.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, but experience costs. According to most sources the cupboard is bare next year, the money from players off contract was already spent by the Clubs insane back ended/ratchet contracts.

Mbye and Woods leaving have given us some breathing space to sign promising juniors and maybe an experienced player for guidance. We've got Tolman, Jackson, and Foran as our seniors, not a bad mentor group in my opinion (despite what the Kennel thinks). But who else that is available could we sign for the money we have remaining? And more importantly how can the club make itself an attractive prospect for potential senior recruits who's main aim may be a premiership?

It is going to take a fairwhile to get out of the terrible position we are in at the moment. We can whine all we want about TPAs and refereeing but that won't change the reality of the situation. We've no money, little experience after this year, and some major in house issues (to my mind).

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No matter what position we end up or get the spoon this the current board will use the excuses of previous board deals, player recruitment and cap issues so this is a pointless argument.

Once the current contracts expire that will be the only time the current board if still around will be judged whether they are full of shit or made all the right decisions.

Time will tell. But for me currently with the amount of bullshit the has been going on since the start of the season either cap crap, the previous fuckwits, the heavy loss of players and lack of actual quality signings they are way to quite for my liking.

Leaves me to believe either they are at a loss what too do, there is serious dramas within the club or the club is in some serious shit. Whatever is the issue leaving members and fans in the dark is fucked.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly don't want the wooden spoon...

But if we do get it, can we please organise to get first round draft picks like the AFL?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The spoon doesn't help any team get better, The Eels are still shit despite winning it in 2012,2013. We turned it around in 09 because of good signings.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The spoon doesn't help any team get better, The Eels are still shit despite winning it in 2012,2013. We turned it around in 09 because of good signings.

Your table makes for interesting reading. I work with a bunch of Parra supporters who all got together yesterday to tape a wooden spoon to my door. I’ll keep this table handy. Thank you!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your table makes for interesting reading. I work with a bunch of Parra supporters who all got together yesterday to tape a wooden spoon to my door. I’ll keep this table handy. Thank you!
Kindly remind them that they are still officially on the bottom of the table

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A club is judged by the amount of premierships and spoons they have. Finishing 14th or 15th means no spoon added to the tally so I want to avoid it at all costs.

Also it's not like there's a huge upside next year, like 2008 where it looked like we hit rock bottom and were on the up. Next year looks like more of the same.
Na don’t be ridiculous... we will be a lot better signing a origin star winger for our 2nd row hahahahaha like wtf is wrong with our club. We are in serious need of some nice strong tall wingers and we are supposedly chasing oats who is just that to play 2nd row. I am losing faith in this club slowly.

To me personally I would love to avoid the spoon. As people have mentioned the spoon is added to our tally and we don’t want that as there is a great chance we will get it next year also. I am giving pay next year another crack and then I’ll throw my judgement on him. Yes his still rebuilding but me personally I think we should be a lot more higher on the ladder then we are. Hopefully it’s all the turmoil that’s causing these 4-6 point losses. If we can turn all them games into wins we would honestly be in the 8 as we speak.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the management of the football club has, over several years, successfully lowered our expectations. Each win presents us with Nirvana. Each loss is to be expected. If we avoid the wooden spoon, our spirits will be intact somehow before 2019. If we win 3 in a row, we will be so happy, we will forget how miserable we really are. All I’m getting at is next year, it’s likely we’ll have more things to brighten our weeks if our expectations are where they are today. Very sad, but that’s our reality.

Things will eventually change however as it did with the roosters a couple of years ago under the same coach. In a couple of years time, we’ll expect and receive more from our great club. Heck, we may even benefit from the salary cap. In the meantime, we can only enjoy the little pleasures

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kindly remind them that they are still officially on the bottom of the table
On deaf ears, Parra supporters are delusional. Poor bastards, they think that win has kickstarted their season

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

I'd also like to point out that as a result of a merger, TECHNICALLY Wests Spoons all belong to the Tigers now... isn't that right @Tacky :D

Interesting .. University had the worst losing streak of any tema in history, losing 42 games straight!

Meanwhile Wests was the only side in history to conceed over 900 points in a season!

Status
Not open for further replies.