would you go to another Belmore game?

Belmore is Life

New Pup
Reaction score
Atmosphere was electric. How good was it when the Bulldogs chant went up around the ground on multiple occasions.

Hopefully we can secure enough funding to improve the ground and have 3-4 games there a year.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Atmosphere was electric. How good was it when the Bulldogs chant went up around the ground on multiple occasions.

Hopefully we can secure enough funding to improve the ground and have 3-4 games there a year.
Why? So we can be guaranteed of another 3-4 losses each year?

If i was just teleported in and out for the game, then yeah, great atmosphere like today, but the rest of the bullshit is beyond ridiculous.

Belmore is Life

New Pup
Reaction score
Why? So we can be guaranteed of another 3-4 losses each year?

If i was just teleported in and out for the game, then yeah, great atmosphere like today, but the rest of the bullshit is beyond ridiculous.
To be fair, we’ve been a consistently poor team for the last 7 years or so. And in more recent times I think we’ve won something like 8 games over the past three seasons, so I don’t think it’s fair to blame Belmore.

Also, imagine we got 17k at Homebush (which is an 80k stadium). Atmosphere would be non existent.

We deserve a Home Ground Advantage. Not sure if you noticed but we actually won the Penalty/6 Again count today - doesn’t happen very often.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
To be fair, we’ve been a consistently poor team for the last 7 years or so. And in more recent times I think we’ve won something like 8 games over the past three seasons, so I don’t think it’s fair to blame Belmore.

Also, imagine we got 17k at Homebush (which is an 80k stadium). Atmosphere would be non existent.

We deserve a Home Ground Advantage. Not sure if you noticed but we actually won the Penalty/6 Again count today - doesn’t happen very often.
Not sure if you noticed, but WE LOST..AGAIN..at Belmore.

We haven’t won here since 2017 FFS. One game a year here where I feel like hanging myself in one of the trees at the park next door is enough.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's my daughters birthday tomorrow
She asked me a few weeks ago if I could take her to the game at belmore for her birthday.
I said no.
It was a hard no.
I refuse to make an effort and go to these games when the players can not at the very least compete.
Fuck them.
Sad to my daughter
By fuck them.
Sure, you decide not to go, but your daughter hasn't seen the glory days. Deny your kids something as spiritually basic as this, when THEY THEMSELVES ask to go to our spiritual home, and you will no doubt eventually lose her as a supporter. Supporters support their team through thick and thin.
It was an old boys day there today, with Baa, Langers, Farah, Cement, Tunksie, Dunne many others in attendance. Don't you thinks it's hard for them too? If they can go, you can take your daughter.
That's a hard yes, rather than a very mean spirited spiritually denying no. Think how your actions affect others, rather than sooking your way through life.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not been for awhile at Belmore but the atmosphere was electric, just a pity the Dogs did not win. Hardly anything has changed, but I suppose without regular games, no money will be invested in upgrades. Heaps better than watching at a 3/4 empty football stadium.
And letting the kids run onto the field is great.

Only thing missing is the one-arm peanut vendor.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Results aside, who designed those seats in the grandstand? The fucking oompa loompas?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a shit record there for sure but as dilapidated as the stadium is, it's still our spiritual home and seeing a sold out Belmore despite the fact we're close to back to back spoons says it all about how well supported our club is.

As others have said, no other club would get a crowd like that after six years of shit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have smoked my fckng ribs.

Good to be at Belmore. Tell u what though - you can tell half the crowd have no fckng idea about footy. Sure we shot ourselves but the drags got away with shoulder charges and late dog shots all fckng game. And don't get me started on the 10m and forward passes. Yet the crowd only said something after like a whole six of them.

'bout midway through the first half when the drags were up by a bit, had a drags guys near me. told him, have a look around bro, check out all the leb gangbangers here. if u think you're getting out of here alive if the drags win you're kidding yourself. i'd help u out bro, I'm a skip but mate only so much i can do.

Dude left with 20 mins to go lol.....
Lol..That’s what I said to @ASSASSIN you gave up to go!

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I did enjoy watching and hearing my 19 yr old son having a crack at saints team and the ref...bought back memories right there...

billybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I was there yesterday. One gate open to get in to the hill and people pushing in all over the place. Went last time against the Storm too, same thing. I was hoping it was a one off, but sadly, no. Doubt I will be back again, very nostalgic though and good to share with my son.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be honest it’s a shit hole. Takes an hour to get in. Can’t see properly from the hill because of the light poles. Can’t see properly from The grandstand because of the TV cameras. The seats are tiny and you are shoulder to shoulder with everyone. Queues for toilets and food. No parking. It’s all over if it rains with no shelter.
Yep can't disagree with anything you have said, but I went with my two boys and I am glad I did. Yes we lost but the atmosphere is so much better than at any other ground we play at. I can put up with the other shit for one game a year. I got there a little earlier so not too much of an issue with parking, sat on the timber seats in front of the hill with a blanket. Not much of a crowd or line to contend with when I got drinks and food towards the end of the reserve game.

Obvious who the current fan favourites are based on the noises made when the team list was read out.

JAC Kiraz Burton Max King and RFM... Jackson got a little noise but not as much as the others. dead quiet for most of the others except Dufty loud Boo and Vaughn, Boo but not as loud... Probably from the handful of St Merge supporters and then maybe joined in by some Bulldogs fans.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Atmosphere was good but still not like the good old days. Problems getting in as they had issues with the card readers.

Questions should be asked of the Drags fans though...not many there and they are doing better than us. Sell out at just a tick under 17k. Sitting close to the action and near the players enclosure great to give the Dragoons players a serve.
At one stage there thought we were in with a chance until another poor defensive effort allowed an easy try scoring opportunity.
Why do we continually get that Muppet Cummins....yeah we won the penalties but should have had many, many more. The Merge woeful in the ten metres area and ruck control was poor allowing them to lie all over us for no penalties.
Disappointing result to say the least and Dufty may have thrown a beautiful pass for a try assist but cost us dearly all round with errors. Our year is gone so why not allow Kiraz to play at the back and bring up a player like Declan Casey from Reggies. He played well in a comprehensively beaten side and showed absolute mongrel in defence and some good attack. Need to mix things up as some will not be with us next year..so what if they are being paid big dollars..let them perform as poorly in the lower grades and give some of the younger blokes a go..