Opinion Would Lewis work at hooker?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing that worries me about them as a combo is they are both similar players with the same strengths in attack. It will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday.
That's the only thing... We will pretty much have the same attacking structures on both sides and calling for the ball when they both want it will be a headache for the hooker. This is when vision out of dummy half will be so important and probably why C.Smith is the best, just knows who to throw it too and when.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would agree with you there. I hope they get plenty of games together the more the better for both
Their communication and faith in each other will be crucial for their combination. Might take a while but like u said plenty of games.

Just seen Coggar on Fox... Kids got a great head on his shoulders and pretty staunch for a 21 yr old.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their communication and faith in each other will be crucial for their combination. Might take a while but like u said plenty of games.

Just seen Coggar on Fox... Kids got a great head on his shoulders and pretty staunch for a 21 yr old.
Yeah i like him looking forward to seeing him play with the dogs fg. I wish the kid luck and hope he does well

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a fully fit lineup, what would people think of potentially pushing Lewis to hooker?

He has the defence, and gives us another 5th tackle option out of dummy half, effectively playing as a 3rd halves player.

Speedy and big enough bodied to break tackles/scoot from dummy half, and can certainly pass decently.

Just got me thinking (post Foran injury), that in the future you could end up with a spine of:

1. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. Lewis

14. JMK (covering injuries to 1 through 7 and 9), as well as impact off the bench.
I must say I like your thinking. At the moment we have a kick or hooker utility in Lichaa and it’s not needed. I said it last year but Foran hooker with Cogger and Lewis in the halves. I stand by those comments as it would be good to have them all on the field at the same time and who is to say they couldn’t rotate in defence or attack.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe a young player would benefit more playing NRL in his strongest position. Not long ago Meaney was touted as a winger simply to give him the experience to play first grade.
He debuted for us in his rightful position at fullback and had an immediate impact.
We might get a similar result with cogger this week as our half back.
I say let the youngsters play where they learnt their craft. Putting Lewis as a makeshift hooker will only weaken a half position that we desperately need him as a player to flourish in.
Given that Forans out now, in a few weeks we might have a better idea and hope that this new and young spine clicks.
Fingers crossed!