Opinion Would Lewis work at hooker?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Here we go with another move this player to a different position thread. Just leave old mate where he is and move Lichaa the fuck on, go into the player market and get a decent 9. JMK should not be our long term 9.

Reactions: DT

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think JMK is showing some positive signs there that we don’t have to panic and put Lichaa or anyone else that isn’t a hooker there for the time being
JMK has played enough games in that role to make it his own. No excuses if he fails.

Reactions: DT

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis takes time on the ball, that would be terrible from a hooker

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope...
Lock maybe in the future...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reason for creating this thread, is we will probably end up soon with:
Foran
Lewis
JMK
Cogger
Lichaa / Brown

All wanting to play NRL. If we can find a way to keep 4 of them in the side somehow, I reckon we offer a lot more firepower across the field.

Many clubs are changing the role of hooker to almost a 3rd half these days, allowing them to ball play both sides of the field.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reason for creating this thread, is we will probably end up soon with:
Foran
Lewis
JMK
Cogger
Lichaa / Brown

All wanting to play NRL. If we can find a way to keep 4 of them in the side somehow, I reckon we offer a lot more firepower across the field.

Many clubs are changing the role of hooker to almost a 3rd half these days, allowing them to ball play both sides of the field.
They might all want to play NRL but you don't have to fit them in the same team there is nothing wrong with having good players in reserve grade.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They might all want to play NRL but you don't have to fit them in the same team there is nothing wrong with having good players in reserve grade.
True but when you have someone like Lichaa who doesn't belong there, surely we have better options to fill that spot.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This might be a crazy idea but if we need a new hooker why not recruit somebody who considers that their primary position and has experience playing there? Would also help if they have demonstrated that are really good at playing that position
Woah calm down! I’m sure we have a fullback or second rower we can convert into a mediocre hooker!! It’s not like hooker is a important position these days....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This might be a crazy idea but if we need a new hooker why not recruit somebody who considers that their primary position and has experience playing there? Would also help if they have demonstrated that are really good at playing that position
Well we've been linked to two for quite some time .. and ...well .. #stillwaitin'

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are talking about the most important and delicate situation in the team...The spine
My assessment for this year
1 Meaney...Potentially could solve our FB problem
6 Lewis...He is a 5/8 not a 1/2 or a hooker, if it doesn't work for him, maybe a center
7 Foran...His days as a running 5/8 are over, sadly we have seen the results of that, I hate to say " I said so "
9 JMK...He is our best option for now
14 Cogger...Possibly the utility
Lichaa...Sadly there is no indication of his passing game as a hooker improving, maybe a future 5/8 ???
*Now Foran is out of action for up to 12 week who knows what the chain affects will be ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Cook was playing fullback until Cleal suggested that he should try hooker.

Go Dogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Nope...
Lock maybe in the future...
Thats what I was thinking. It's not like Wally Lewis didn't play a fair bit of lock. And having a ball playing lock is always a good thing.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis has the makings of a great halves man, I can see a few MOM from him later in the year when he can start to put in an 80 minute perfomance

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a fully fit lineup, what would people think of potentially pushing Lewis to hooker?

He has the defence, and gives us another 5th tackle option out of dummy half, effectively playing as a 3rd halves player.

Speedy and big enough bodied to break tackles/scoot from dummy half, and can certainly pass decently.

Just got me thinking (post Foran injury), that in the future you could end up with a spine of:

1. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. Lewis

14. JMK (covering injuries to 1 through 7 and 9), as well as impact off the bench.
I think your a bit to optimistic about Foran playing more than 3-4 games a year.