Opinion Would Lewis work at hooker?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With a fully fit lineup, what would people think of potentially pushing Lewis to hooker?

He has the defence, and gives us another 5th tackle option out of dummy half, effectively playing as a 3rd halves player.

Speedy and big enough bodied to break tackles/scoot from dummy half, and can certainly pass decently.

Just got me thinking (post Foran injury), that in the future you could end up with a spine of:

1. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. Lewis

14. JMK (covering injuries to 1 through 7 and 9), as well as impact off the bench.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
best hookers are short

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Cogger or Lewis could work at 9.
100% better that what we have had to endure over the past few years..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He could play there, whether that's his best position is another question.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a fully fit lineup, what would people think of potentially pushing Lewis to hooker?

He has the defence, and gives us another 5th tackle option out of dummy half, effectively playing as a 3rd halves player.

Speedy and big enough bodied to break tackles/scoot from dummy half, and can certainly pass decently.

Just got me thinking (post Foran injury), that in the future you could end up with a spine of:

1. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. Lewis

14. JMK (covering injuries to 1 through 7 and 9), as well as impact off the bench.
Nah no chance mate, might fill the gap but he’s a good half and doing better compared to some second year syndrome players. Probably too tall , all the best hookers have the ability to duck and weave in tired defence

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
best hookers are short
Hmm that's a good point.

Just looked at all the NRL hookers and strangely the best of the lot (Cameron Smith), is also the largest of all hookers at 185cm and 90 kgs.

Lewis is listed at 190cm and 90kgs.

That said most are 170-185cm and packing 80-90kgs.

Cogger by comparison is 173cm and 83kgs, JMK 183cm/83kgs, Lichaa 183cm/90kgs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still prefer jmk at 9 for the time being, but cogger or Lewis could play there however... just need to have the best we got at 9 at the moment!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think JMK is showing some positive signs there that we don’t have to panic and put Lichaa or anyone else that isn’t a hooker there for the time being

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. Lewis

Turn it up Mr I, this post is to create activity only right?...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen how tall Lewis is? No way he would be a good hooker. They need to be a bit shorter in stature. He has the skill to potentially be a good hooker but unfortunately not the height for one. If we want a good hooker then we need to buy one next year with Licha’s money

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ummm.. No.. Why does everyone always suggest moving Lewis from his best position?

And would you really be relying on Foran in the halves????

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we've learned anything from Des' mistakes, we have to play our best in their suited positions.