Worst Ever Bench Management? Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I could write a thesis on all the perplexing bench mismanagement from Des in recent year. However, Round 10 2017 would need its own chapter.

Somehow, Des reached new heights of ridiculousness by having a winger on the bench...AND not playing him.

Is he actually a satirist?

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He only uses 3 bench players most of the time anyways. Having a back ain't that crazy if you ask me. Better than Jackson slotting into the centres or something.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Preferred a a SOO style big bopper bench with even rotation so everyone gets a crack, not much point using a bloke for ten minutes.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Frawley finds his feet under pressure I think Mbye will become our utility on the bench in 2018.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I could write a thesis on all the perplexing bench mismanagement from Des in recent year.
Write it for us & post it.

BUT, the thesis has to be a trillion words, though (the, is, a, be, to, and, Des, prick, isn't counted in the word count)

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree 100% that Des has no idea when it comes to bench management. How can he believe there is no value in adding another player to the rotation. Our fat forwards struggle enough as it is. Adding another to the mix (for more than 5 mins as he does) would surely only improve the team.

Can't understand why RFM or even Tualalu who looked good in pre season can't get a decent run.

Des is a dud. Seems like the club kept him to land Foran. Unfortunately we will need a hell of a lot more than Foran to be contenders.

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was okay with a winger on the bench tbh. Bus Des has absolutely no idea how to rotate players and have said so a few times lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like a utility on the bench but not a winger
It's just a shame we haven't got one. We've got some ordinary performing hookers and a bunch of forwards in the reggies. I've said it before I'm all for having change in our team as long as the change is for the better, given the cattle we have to pick from and there really isn't much in the reggies to pick from. You might be able to mount some sort of argument for developing a 20s kid but the reggies really don't offer a lot.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He only uses 3 bench players most of the time anyways. Having a back ain't that crazy if you ask me. Better than Jackson slotting into the centres or something.
Having a winger on the bench is pointless. He can only cover 1 spot.

Reactions: DT

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree his bench rotation is baffling at best. But im pretty sure the reason for monty on the bench was to cover a potential problem with holland??.....

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In years past he has had a forward on the bench and not given him a minute even though our toilers who toil off the kick off let alone the 60th minute at 20-6 down make 25m between them per set with a Reynolds 4th tackle crab play into an Mbye 30m kick to seal it off. I can't see how any of the big fuck off Kiwis we have can't play 15 minutes and run hard instead of Tolman or the fat dog kasiano knocking it on fucks me

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a winger on the bench is pointless. He can only cover 1 spot.
No it's not. If hoppa goes down, bmoz to fullback and montoya to wing. If brenko or jmoz go down, holland to centre and montoyato wing. Certainly wasn't haslers worst idea.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No it's not. If hoppa goes down, bmoz to fullback and montoya to wing. If brenko or jmoz go down, holland to centre and montoyato wing. Certainly wasn't haslers worst idea.
I get your point but what if a half goes down. Then you move Jackson which you would do if you had a problem with 1-5 anyway. So you're better off having someone you can use on the bench rather than someone getting zero game time.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Made no difference to the game result.
Match was gone by half time due to weight of possession and the Cowboys kicking game.

Was there injury concerns with any of the backs?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It makes zero sense. But what does with Hasler? He's autistic but not in a good way like rain man or some other flawed genius. He's just insane.

I'm surprised he picked a winger and not another prop!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raymond Faitala-Mariner is a big unit with a step, offload and can make at least a half break to pass to a support player. He must be on the bench and given plenty of minutes, especially when we are in attack mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.