Worst Bulldogs team in 30 years - DEBATE

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2008 was the worst single year team but turned it around pretty quickly with the arrival of Hannat, Stags, Ennis and co. This current team has been shite with various players, coaches and managment for 6 years...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the last 30 years, I have not seen MY BULLDOGS TEAM be so PATHETIC ACROSS 1 TO 17 PLUS COACH.

WE are ABSOLUTELY a very STUPID TEAM

My love for the BULLDOGS is not wavered by this reality. But truth must be said
WORST BULLDOGS TEAM IN 30 YEARS.

When you think IT can't get worse, especially over the last 5 years, then the year after, it has gotten worse. It does not matter who coach is and does not matter which players we are buying.
It's not over yet. There is more pain to come.

I've been accepting invitations to go out, when in the past I would make excuses to stay home and watch the game. Now, I go out and have some fun, then come home and check the score.

I might raise my eyebrows at the massive loss, but it doesn't affect me too much as I haven't had to live through every excruciating minute. I'll watch the highlights and the press conference, then come to the Kennel for more information. Believe me, it's the best way to cope.

In some ways, I guess it means I've given up on my Dogs of over 70 years, but it is better for my health.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here’s the tip brother, no threads after big losses, too much emotion skewing judgement and it’s not healthy for any Doggies fans.

To answer the question though, we would have to be coming last to entertain. Won’t happen this year.
Are you sure? We have a bye, but won't win another game. Tigers and Dragons have the ability to pull off the occasional win. Even if we finish on the same points, our differential will hand us the spoon.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure? We have a bye, but won't win another game. Tigers and Dragons have the ability to pull off the occasional win. Even if we finish on the same points, our differential will hand us the spoon.
Time will tell my friend, but one thing life’s taught me, one can never be sure of anything..

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2008 was a disaster, but the rebuild was amazing.

9-Ennis
7-Kimmorley
10-Hannet
11-Eastwood
13-Stagg
3-Morris
Juniors coming through Idris and Baba

2009 was a great year, still think if Pattern didn’t get injured in the preliminary we would have won and beaten the Storm in the grand final.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Do you even watch games? This team has won 6 of 19 games. In 2008 they won 5 of 24 for the season including the games SBW played.
2008 was a rebuild season with a major injury crisis

patten, tonga, utai, millard, maitua missing large chunks of the season, sbw leaving mid season, sherwin mason and o'meley released, patten and ryan front loaded contracts because we had huge salary cap room

it was the 'recession we had to have' season and one of our finest seasons in terms of club progression, it proved that noad put the club first ahead of his own reputation, he could have kept those players on and made the finals again to preserve his reputation but no he made the correct decision and the bulldogs members punished him for it

the bulldogs members deserve what it got

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2008 was a disaster, but the rebuild was amazing.

9-Ennis
7-Kimmorley
10-Hannet
11-Eastwood
13-Stagg
3-Morris
Juniors coming through Idris and Baba

2009 was a great year, still think if Pattern didn’t get injured in the preliminary we would have won and beaten the Storm in the grand final.
That was the when Bellamy did a Bulldogs on the Bulldogs stole our DNA for the afternoon Hasler left his brief case unlocked ha ha

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
2008 was the worst single year team but turned it around pretty quickly with the arrival of Hannat, Stags, Ennis and co. This current team has been shite with various players, coaches and managment for 6 years...
Its starting to look comparable though, we just need to sign one big name prop.

Crighton, Xerri, Knight, Taafe, Sexton, Haas/Tino(?), Taukeiaho. That is alot of experience being added.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
2008 was a rebuild season with a major injury crisis

patten, tonga, utai, millard, maitua missing large chunks of the season, sbw leaving mid season, sherwin mason and o'meley released, patten and ryan front loaded contracts because we had huge salary cap room

it was the 'recession we had to have' season and one of our finest seasons in terms of club progression, it proved that noad put the club first ahead of his own reputation, he could have kept those players on and made the finals again to preserve his reputation but no he made the correct decision and the bulldogs members punished him for it

the bulldogs members deserve what it got
I miss Aaron Groom

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
For the last 30 years, I have not seen MY BULLDOGS TEAM be so PATHETIC ACROSS 1 TO 17 PLUS COACH.

WE are ABSOLUTELY a very STUPID TEAM

My love for the BULLDOGS is not wavered by this reality. But truth must be said
WORST BULLDOGS TEAM IN 30 YEARS.

When you think IT can't get worse, especially over the last 5 years, then the year after, it has gotten worse. It does not matter who coach is and does not matter which players we are buying.
You obviously don't recall 2005. We were so depleted by injuries that we went through all our NSW Cup players and needed to go to Jersey Flegg... it was THAT BAD. That's why the Tigpies and Eels thrashed us in consecutive weeks.

2008 after SBW fucked off is a close 2nd.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Except we were.

2008 in 14 games after SBW left = 15.9 ppg scored & 37.9 ppg allowed.

2023 = 17.4 ppg scored & 31.2 ppg allowed.

We were much worse in 2008.
Exactly.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were never down for long back then, this death spiral feels like it's taking forever to crash and burn, year after year of shit is the big difference between now and then IMO.