World challenge biff

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And that's not all. He's a sore loser. He can't accept that Green beat him fair and square, now he wants to take it to court. LOL.
Ooooh, I'm no fan of Mundine but he probably has a reason to feel hard done by. Pretty good example of rigged boxing in my opinion

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Its up to people to do their own research before makin judgement but that's pretty much the take on the whole anthem topic.
Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion on it. If people like it and see it as an opportunity to just show a little love for their country without developing a sense of superiority over it then good luck to them...but this idea an anthem is more important than the rights of the citizens it supposedly represents is just dumb. If some people from within the community don't think it's representative of them, we should be adult enough to have a discussion about their concerns without smearing them.

I mean at the end of the day, if someone has the right to protest, others have the right to criticise them...but personally I'm sympathetic to Mundine's opposition to the flag and I think st the end of the day people make these gestures because they feel there isn't enough mainstream discussion about it attempt to solve problems that deeply effect their community. I think having that discussion is more important than any song, so I am sympathetic to the gesture of protest.

I'd never lead any sort of movement to abolish our anthem or anything....and I do respect people's right to find it meaningful....but I do think it does more harm than good these days...especially when it's treated as some sort of unquestionable symbol and challenging whether it is truly representative or not is considered taboo.

Of course that's why certain people target it as a tool for protest as well. They know it will cause a stir and figure that will at least get people talking about it. But because the sacred anthem has been questioned, a lot of people already go in with a deep ingrained opposition to the protester and resistance to their points of view. A bit of a catch 22 I guess. If they don't protest, nobody talks, if they do, people talk but the mainstream conversation seldom takes a constructive direction.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ooooh, I'm no fan of Mundine but he probably has a reason to feel hard done by. Pretty good example of rigged boxing in my opinion
Did you say rigged? Was Gerard Sutton or Bernie Sutton somehow involved in the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.