Woods to leave Bulldogs for Sharks immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@Sxc_Boi69

I've also bagged out Pay in the past but these problems go beyond him. No other coach could do better with this situation. If the board is moving players on that is too destabilising. I was also worried about his appointment because he did his apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart one of the worst coaches in the game.

Cleary is doing well because he had input into the signings 6 months before 2018 season. Pay has walked into a total mess and was no doubt sold some BS by Dib in regards to the cap situation.
Disagree.

Im almost certain most other coaches could do better than the 3 wins at this stage of the season. There are over 10 rep players in this team.

Pay should never have taken the job. He knew what was ahead of him. Remember Madge Maguire knocked the job back because he saw the books. I'm afraid that Pay just can't read. They showed him the books and well.....

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will get you a calculator for Christmas. How can you be happy if we are contributing 300k? We are saving nothing on the salary cap when we buy an average front rower for 400-500k to replace him. Guess what, that average front rower will now take up 700-800k on the salary cap when you add Woods' contribution. Believe me Woods is better than the average front rower.
It's a culture thing bro.

1) I don't want a player that doesn't want to be at the club and isn't going to put the full amount of effort to play for us.
2) He's not playing at the value of 500k player. The amount of games he's cost us with his dumb penalties and lazy defense is beyond me.
3) If he's on 750-800 and we're paying off 250-300k of it that still gives us 500k in cap space. We don't need to use it on another FRF, we can target other positions with really talented young players like Isaako/Sua or save it for the 2019 FA class. If that's the cost of having to get rid of him in order to change our approach and start focusing on young talented players then it will be worth it in the long run.

We know we won't have cap space to contend until 2021ish so its time to change the whole approach of the club and change the culture. Every penny we save by getting rid of players like Mbye, Woods etc needs to go towards signing young talented players. If its not in this Free agent class, it can be the year after or 2020.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until we find out how much we are paying for Woods, you can't say half of what we paid for Woods.

Buzz Rothfield (Who is pretty close to Cronulla) says that he is on $600k at the Sharks. If we are paying 200-250k each year for the next 2 seasons we are stupid. Inept management. The less our management say about how much we are contributing the more I think its higher than we should be.

I was so excited to see Dib and Hasler get booted out only for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to replace them.
Id say Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck is an upgrade on Laurel & Hardy

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're not in a situation to sack another coach again before his contract runs out, otherwise no one will sign with us anymore, we'll look like idiots.

Lol @ "we'll look like idiots". You do realise that is and has been the case for 2 years. No matter what we do now we are the new Parramatta.

Good luck recruiting players after the way we have treated Mbye and Woods. Would you sign with us? We are now a club that will have to pay overs to get players here. Oh that's right we have a coach that will entice players to the club. NOT.

Last edited:

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're not in a situation to sack another coach again before his contract runs out, otherwise no one will sign with us anymore, we'll look like idiots.

Lol @ "we'll look like idiots". You do realise that is and has been the case for 2 years. No matter what we do now we are the new Parramatta.

Good luck recruiting players after the way we have treated Mbye and Woods. Would you sign with us? We are now a club that will have to pay overs to get players here. Oh that's right we have a coach that will entice players to the club. NOT.
[/QUOTE]
To be fair youve got a fair bit of a way to slide before you are the new us, i think weve got you covered.

Sorry, somehow ive drawn another quote into my post, sorry.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holy...this went from 1 to 8 pages in record time lol

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The people to blame are gone brother... no court of law will prosecute them... we all have to let it go...
The new board a doing what they think is necessary to fix the shit fight.
Why would you blow up at someone on the phone about membership renewal when the people responsible are already gone?? You won't be hurting Dib, Des and Aunty RaeRae.
So in your world the current admin can't do anything wrong? Just keep blaming the previous crew. At what point are they accountable? 3 Years? 5 Years?

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The board is sorting the mess out real quick. If they can somehow medically retire foran and move Lichaa on this will be 1 hell of a turnaround. Im backing them to pull this off.
What turnaround? All I can see is exits. No one to replace them. When is that going to happen? You can't wait till the end of the season any more to get the top players. Their deals are already done. 2019 will be the twin brother to 2018.

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree.

Im almost certain most other coaches could do better than the 3 wins at this stage of the season. There are over 10 rep players in this team.

Pay should never have taken the job. He knew what was ahead of him. Remember Madge Maguire knocked the job back because he saw the books. I'm afraid that Pay just can't read. They showed him the books and well.....
I can see both sides of the argument. Its a stretch to say we have 10 rep players. Out of our current roster, I would say we have 3 rep players (Woods, Klemmer, Jackson). Foran hasnt played for NZ for a few years. The Morris boys wouldnt have made origin this year if they were available. You cant really count the Tier 2 nations as "rep players". Some of those sides had NSW cup players in them. I think we have the worst roster in the comp. The Titans and Eels are fighting for the spoon with us and they have better rosters. No doubts Pay inherited a dud roster and our million dollar play maker has played like a busted.

But in saying that he is a coach and a coach should back himself to improve individuals in the team. Have a look at what Siebold has done at Souths. The only player who has improved under Pay is RFM. To me thats a worry.

Whats the solution ? Fucked if I know but luckily for everyone I am not getting paid by the club to sort shit out. Hopefully those in charge have a plan

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Dean Pay appointed at the start of October?
9 months! Still going downhill.
Current board has been in for 4months. Dib was running the show until then.... next stupid question???

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

If our club has 1% chance of recruiting players now, having three different coaches in 9 months will turn it into a 0% chance.

And why would you want to pay out another coach. That's not good business buddy. We already made that mistake with Hasler.

I say this everyday, I am so blessed some of you on the Kennel don't run our club, cause we wouldn't have a club to support if that was the case.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So in your world the current admin can't do anything wrong? Just keep blaming the previous crew. At what point are they accountable? 3 Years? 5 Years?
ohhh....Id say about three years time

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

To be fair youve got a fair bit of a way to slide before you are the new us, i think weve got you covered.

Sorry, somehow ive drawn another quote into my post, sorry.[/QUOTE]
Shows how little you know. The phone has been ringing off the hook at Belmore today from player managers offering players to the club. How do I know. I was there while it was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.