Woods Mbye leading the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He might make it as a fullback or centre eventually because he does look good when he runs the ball. He will end up a decent player but he won’t be a superstar. I don’t think we are paying much freight on him and it will probably be easier to understand once we see the squad for next year. I don’t get the hate either the Tigers wanted Moses and the club said they would listen to offers good luck to him.
Honestly, it all depends how much we're paying IMO......if it's in the 250-300k vicinity as some have speculated, I think we're paying way too much. If it's less I can live with it.......still think the hate and celebrations are a bit over the top, though.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe he was called in because he's a quality talent and you folks don't know your arses from your elbows ;)
What stopped him proving his talent ?
Was it Hasler ?
Remember he wanted an out clause in his contract if and when Hasler leaves us,
In my opinion he is a disloyal mercenary scum !!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What stopped him proving his talent ?
Was it Hasler ?
Remember he wanted an out clause in his contract if and when Hasler leaves us,
In my opinion he is a disloyal mercenary scum !!!
If he’s never received the right mentorship, how do you expect him to know what kind of mentor he needs. Hasler still had a very good reputation st the time.... maybe Mbye genuinely felt playing under Hasler was best for his future (if he even asked for the clause in the first place.)

It’s the 21st century... most players will go where the freaking money is. This doesn’t make them monsters....and how is Mbye a mercenary when the club has openly stated it is in a precarious salary cap position and is on record saying it would accept offers from other clubs and the players were told only two were off limits?

You and most people on here are talking out of your a-holes. You should check the disproportionate outrage imo. People act like bloody 3 year olds on here.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he’s never received the right mentorship, how do you expect him to know what kind of mentor he needs. Hasler still had a very good reputation st the time.... maybe Mbye genuinely felt playing under Hasler was best for his future (if he even asked for the clause in the first place.)

It’s the 21st century... most players will go where the freaking money is. This doesn’t make them monsters....and how is Mbye a mercenary when the club has openly stated it is in a precarious salary cap position and is on record saying it would accept offers from other clubs and the players were told only two were off limits?

You and most people on here are talking out of your a-holes. You should check the disproportionate outrage imo. People act like bloody 3 year olds on here.
Do you need to be rudely talking from your arsehole to express your point ?
For your information Mbye's manager contacted the tigers for a contract, in turn they contacted Canterbury, Canterbury replied we are not shopping him around, but obviously he wanted out and out he is, it proves his disloyalty .
He has failed under Hasler but he was more loyal to him than us supporters who paid to watch his shit, or to the club that overpaid him to play like shit...No thanks to Hasler !!!
As for the exit clause, you can bet your bottom dollar he did ask for it .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For your information Mbye's manager contacted the tigers for a contract, in turn they contacted Canterbury, Canterbury replied we are not shopping him around, but obviously he wanted out and out he is, it proves his disloyalty .
He has failed under Hasler but he was more loyal to him than us supporters who paid to watch his shit, or to the club that overpaid him to play like shit...No thanks to Hasler !!!
Fucking lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As was his right. I'm not being any more of a rude arsehole towards you than you are towards Mbye.....in fact, I'm saying it to you and not just about you, which is at least direct. It's my honest opinion. Many of you are acting like three year olds.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye has great skill and fantastic natural attributes, but he is lazy has not evolved at all and often looks disinterested.. Maybe someone will get the best out of him eventually ??? but how much time and money are we willing to spend on him ??

The right call was made right now, regardless of what happens in the future..

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A gun? Which game(s) has he absolutely dominated in? I can't remember one. I agree with most of the other stuff though.
He is far and away your most lethal attacking weapon. He’s the player that looks most likely to make a break. What about a pistol instead ???

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the life of me I can’t comprehend how a club is forced to lose one of the best players, some might say the best.
What a fucking mess those 3 stooges Hasler Dib & Castle left the club in.
Mbye is a gun & not surprisingly was chosen as a shadow player for QLD.
I can’t see Canterbury challenging for the finals for at least the next 3 years.
"Gun"???? More like a water pistol Lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is extremely dangerous in broken field.
That’s it. He has been a flop at 6/7 was woeful. Has been ok at hooker. Not top tier. He has been dangerous in broken field but offers no link or support play. He is not a top tier player and is paid like it. Plain and simple it’s the right move. We need to get out of deals like his, tolman and woods at this rate to be able to recruit worthwhile options.

Ponga at 600k or Mbye at 900k? Are you joking? We clearly aren’t all going to land a ponga but if we can find the right pieces we are better off!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is extremely dangerous in broken field.
That’s it. He has been a flop at 6/7 was woeful. Has been ok at hooker. Not top tier. He has been dangerous in broken field but offers no link or support play. He is not a top tier player and is paid like it. Plain and simple it’s the right move. We need to get out of deals like his, tolman and woods at this rate to be able to recruit worthwhile options.

Ponga at 600k or Mbye at 900k? Are you joking? We clearly aren’t all going to land a ponga but if we can find the right pieces we are better off!
I get the whole "Mbye hasn't been good enough" thing but to compare him or anyone with Ponga just doesn't make any sense. If Ponga was on the market today he would go for $1.5m. Knights took a gamble on an untried kid and it has paid off. Good luck to them but the Cows couldn't see $600k in him and they had him for a few years. Bottom line is that Mbye is a good footy player irrespective of how much a club is willing to pay. Even the Tigers are paying relatively big money for him after watching him play for us. Is Cleary a knucklehead too? I don't think so. He's been in the emerging Maroons side for the past few years so there is further evidence that people who actually know the game rate him to some degree.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years We put up with his shit at 1/2 , 5/8 and hooker and now he might succeed at fullback he's out...
Successful or not To hell with him !!!
With his money we should able to get someone better.
Yep, one thing is to play in a position and the other is to be good at it. Unfortunately for Mbye he just played in them

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Won't happen. The Board have already said they won't be paying for any players to play at another club. If Woods leaves (I hope he does), it will only be if another club agrees to cover any amounts he was going to earn with us.
Already are....but then I guess that was the doing of our previous administration.The current board are not lying if we don't need to pick up any of the freight for the player who was supposed to be our answer for half,five eighth and fullback but was neither. Big money for little worth....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am a Tigers supporter and I assure that 90% of Tigers supporters do not want him back. He burnt his bridges last year when he shamed the Tigers in public while being the captain of the club. A lot of fans wouldn't take him back for free. We already have Packer, Twal and Matulino. Packer and Matulino are on about 1.1 mill together. We cant afford another prop over 400k. We need a fullback, centre, 2nd rower and a cheap talented front rower.
Well ask Moses because he will tell you he is all that...unfortunately telling and being are two different things.Good luck with that.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if the Tiges can't fit him in he might be stuck here.
I think he should of been interchanged better on Sunday, this guy needs counseling too.
Well he pretty much did have to go straight back on from his first interchange because of RFM concussion. 19.35 replaced by Klemmer 24.45 on for RFM.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did he not score that try on the weekend I’m still fkd off about that

Olive did everything for him on that breakaway

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is far and away your most lethal attacking weapon. He’s the player that looks most likely to make a break. What about a pistol instead ???
I wouldn't say we have ANY lethal weapons. You may get an abrasion, but that's it. A splinter at best.

Our best backs this year have been the Morris'. they have shown the most in attack & desperation in defence. I'd like them to be able to finish their careers with us on a reasonable wage, they deserve that, but if they can get a stack of cash elsewhere I couldn't blame them & wish them well.

I think we need someone with a good kicking game who can play what is in front of him & has a bit of spark. Find this man & I think our time in the doldrums will be short lived. Someone to build a team around.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As was his right. I'm not being any more of a rude arsehole towards you than you are towards Mbye.....in fact, I'm saying it to you and not just about you, which is at least direct. It's my honest opinion. Many of you are acting like three year olds.
He is a fraud
He is contracted to Canterbury, last time I checked a contract was still a contract.
He approached Wests
He wanted out knowing Canterbury's situation and need for quality players...obviously they don't think much of him
He deserted the ship...
You must be related to him to, he is indefensible

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is a fraud
He is contracted to Canterbury, last time I checked a contract was still a contract.
He approached Wests
He wanted out knowing Canterbury's situation and need for quality players...obviously they don't think much of him
He deserted the ship...
You must be related to him to, he is indefensible
He’s not indefensible. You’re just acting like a clown. You’re in good company, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.