Wooden spoon battle (unacceptable)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

I did some research and have an answer - nothing to do with Bulldogs however.

Elvar the Grainlord
Basic Information

Home
Triel, Western Heartlands
Sex
Male
Race
Human

2nd Edition Statistics
Alignment
Chaotic neutral
Class
Elvar the Grainlord was the ruler of the small village of Triel.[1]

Personality
Elvar was generally a reasonable lord when it came to trade, though he had two mild obsessions. The first was his fear that the community might run out of food, and the second was his never-ending search for the right deity to worship.[1]
Elvar had a hunger for news and items such as food, firewood, and food-preservation items. Those who brought such items were given a feast.[2]
A movie? Series? Game?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It looks like we will be fighting for the spoon again.. this is totally unacceptable… when we copped it a few years ago we couldn’t get any lower because we ran ourselves into the ground lower than rock bottom,we couldn’t imagine this happening again.. a few years later and now we look to be fighting to avoid again.. how are we still in the same position a few years later after a number of changes have been made… Gould can go get fucked, only here for his retirement money
WE ARE FINISHED AS A CLUB
I'm just glad that you wrote (uncceptable) in the title because I'm sure a lot of us would've been confused otherwise into thinking we're actually aiming to get the wooden spoon.

Cheers mate.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
These are very massive upgrades on the duds we have.

Replace thompson with Stephen Crichton
Replace casey with Joash Papalii (promote to top 30)
Replace waddell with Hame Sele
Replace averillo with Bronson Xerri
Replace flanagan with Jack Cogger (off-contract)
Replace okunbor with Lipoi Hopoi (promote to top 30)
Release sutton
Why would you want to replace Avo with a bloke who hasn’t played in so long? I know he had a really bad game on the weekend, but he’s been one of the only pluses for us this year. Speed to burn, skilful and if we can just land a half decent coach to mentor him, he could be anything.

Sorry, but just making all these superficial changes ain’t gonna do shit, we need to address the root of our problems. Release Avo and he’ll go to the next level and in a few years it will be the same people who are calling for his head now who will be heading the chorus to re-sign him.

Most, if not all of the guys you mention eoukd go alright under a coach who knows what he’s doing.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons and tigers under us and they can play better than us when they’re on.. dragons just beat rabbits and tigers are a weird side
Can you also mention that Souths were missing their two best players in Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker just to make it seem a little less dramatic?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not finished leagues club is too rich we will be better next year coach will have a year under his belt and players moved on new faces coming in sure a disappointing year but il be watching the cup side from this point with a glance here and there at the nrl side

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro I think we are finished.. Gus getting his retirement money from us
One of the dumbest things i have heard. He has signed us Mahoney, Kikau, Xerri, Chrichton to name just a few, since he arrived. What the fuck more do you expect from him?? Retirement fund? Fucking lol. This guy works harder then anyone at the club.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the other teams gained. Top level teams fell off a bit and all the while we got worse

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are not fighting for the spoon. All other clubs are happy to let us take it, uncontested.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the dumbest things i have heard. He has signed us Mahoney, Kikau, Xerri, Chrichton to name just a few, since he arrived. What the fuck more do you expect from him?? Retirement fund? Fucking lol. This guy works harder then anyone at the club.
As well as Preston, King and Kiraz who were signed for next to nothing. And he's set up our junior grades better than they have been in decades.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro I think we are finished.. Gus getting his retirement money from us
At what point did anyone on here consider we would have our full team available only in the last few rounds of this competition - and we’re acting like Fkn children writing off the club forever…. add some perspective into the thought process. The other thing to mention here is, coming second or last is basically the same thing, no one gives a fu<k unless you win the comp…. We were never going to do that even with Kiks, Thompson, Patolo, RFM available. The next two years are going to be key for us… if we’re still sh!t, then cause for some concern. Gus had a 5yr plan, not a 1.5yr plan.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it’s not compulsory to be a supporter. Gus is signing some great young kids and has/will recruit some experience and talent around them. We have had an injury ravaged year. Kiraz and King are clearly injured but playing through. I get as upset as anyone when we play poor but will never give up on the club.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it’s not compulsory to be a supporter. Gus is signing some great young kids and has/will recruit some experience and talent around them. We have had an injury ravaged year. Kiraz and King are clearly injured but playing through. I get as upset as anyone when we play poor but will never give up on the club.
I'm with you @Nate DAWG . I remember when Gus went to Penrith and promised a premiership in 5. He missed that goal, but they've had 2 in 10. I'd take that.

As for players, where to start? We cut Jack Cogger and I was spewing then, seeing his potential. But we didn't have the coaches or administration to keep him. Imagine him settled at 7 all these years?! Ciraldo is no bennet, but I think in the fullness of time, we'll see he earned his stripes here. Injuries have been bad, particularly in the forwards and that's exposed our halves more than might have been behind a better pack.

The big thing for me this season is we're now, most weeks, playing to the bell and winning against the run of play. On the flip side, I underestimated the size of the clean out that's needed. I think barely half the current top30 should be offered new contracts.