Winning the Lotto

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Someone won 20 mil or something last night I don’t play but what would you do if you won.

The standard response is oh never work again go to Spain bla bla buy a big house on the beach ..

All those things are fine but if you really think about it there would be so many dramas as well. I’m not worried about friends coming out of the woodwork or whatever I’m talking close family losing friends living to excess jealousy ect ect

Interestingly there is a high Suicide rate of people that have won a lot of money and I’ve heard a lot of examples where people said it was the worst thing to ever happen as it divided families marriages ect..

How would you go about it if you won let’s say $50 million. I might be able to put a deposit on a house in Macquarie Fields which would be nice…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A poisoned chalice for some folks.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Someone won 20 mil or something last night I don’t play but what would you do if you won.

The standard response is oh never work again go to Spain bla bla buy a big house on the beach ..

All those things are fine but if you really think about it there would be so many dramas as well. I’m not worried about friends coming out of the woodwork or whatever I’m talking close family losing friends living to excess jealousy ect ect

Interestingly there is a high Suicide rate of people that have won a lot of money and I’ve heard a lot of examples where people said it was the worst thing to ever happen as it divided families marriages ect..

How would you go about it if you won let’s say $50 million. I might be able to put a deposit on a house in Macquarie Fields which would be nice…
Macquarie Fields?

Dude with $50,000,000 you can create a new beach-side suburb called Macquarie Waters and have a big fat fortress standing at the highest point on the hill with the beach as your backyard!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
A poisoned chalice for some folks.
I know myself if say a mate won $50 million and was keen to have us over so he could show off his new $4 mil house with water views over Coogee or whatever I’d be like nah man sorry got something on. It’s plain and simple jealousy but I know that’s how I’d react. I don’t need my nose rubbed in that shit and you could see that friendship drifting apart.. I reckon it would be harder than slot think.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Macquarie Fields?

Dude with $50,000,000 you can create a new beach-side suburb called Macquarie Waters and have a big fat fortress standing at the highest point on the hill with the beach as your backyard!
Not in Sydney lol I’m assuming houses in Mac fields are up to $3.4 mil theses days

Wahesh

Reaction score
I've always said if I were to win a lot of money, I'd divide it up into categories of how I'd spend it. If it's $50,000,000...

1. $10,000,000 given to family and friends who need it, allowing them to pay off their debt and live comfortably
  2. $10,000,000 given to charities and my Church and Parish. Also, a large chunk of this would be invested to allow them to continually receive money via these investment channels rather than just give them a single lump sum
  3. $10,000,000 on paying off my debts, and investing in property, shares, and buying a few items of leisure
  4. $20,000,000 can remain in the a Swiss bank account for a rainy day
One thing I would do though is continue working. I wouldn't want to raise my children to be lazy and not working just because they have money.

Isn't that right Billy?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There are two types of people that win lotto, those with a brain who can handle money and those who are complete morons.

Remember that houso family in Claymore that won a big jackpot, bought every single person they knew a clubsport like they were Oprah and then went back on the dole haha

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy a old 747 convert it into a house with a waterside have stripper hostesses, and I'll always stand by this if I I would fill my bath tub full of custard jump in a fart to see if it would break the surface, then get a bunch of kennel ***** and @Mr 95% and do a tour in a few countries, possibly involving strippers, and airplane museums, and a good whiskey collection

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Buy a old 747 convert it into a house with a waterside have stripper hostesses, and I'll always stand by this if I I would fill my bath tub full of custard jump in a fart to see if it would break the surface, then get a bunch of kennel ***** and @Mr 95% and do a tour in a few countries, possibly involving strippers, and airplane museums, and a good whiskey collection
I’m down to clown if your willing to spend it that way..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Would it also involve smashing said hostesses in the ring?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 mil to mum
1 mil to dad
1 mil to each of my 5 siblings
1 mil to my 3 best mates

Leaves me with 40 mil to invest in a few properties and enjoy my life

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd probably try to keep it quiet from family and friends while I worked out a good investment strategy for it. I'm pretty sure that using it to buy houses straight up for close family (siblings and their kids) at this point in time would take the bulk of those millions out of service really quickly. My plan would be to own a nice house somewhere for myself (somewhere with good fishing and a reasonably low population) and hopefully invest the rest in a way that I could budget for the interest generated to live well and help out the family. I don't really want a garage with millions of dollars worth of cars. Wouldn't mind something a bit sporty and a 4wd that would get me anywhere, but that's about it. Would like a decent deep sea fishing boat and maybe a few other toys (jet skis etc for the family to use when visiting). All considered I think I could buy a house and all the toys I'd want for about 1-2 million. The rest of the win in that hadn't been taxed would hopefully create an investment portfolio that would generate enough to give me and my direct family a couple of thousand per month each towards whatever they wanted based on there being 17 family members (mum, dad, 4 sisters and their 11 kids). That's assuming I'd earn 1% interest on a 45 million investment and would be generating enough on that to pay $2,200 each per month. Once I'd worked all that out I'd let them know and set up a payment method for them. If anyone had a whinge about it I wouldn't be petty and cut them off from the payment. But they would really have trouble getting in contact with me.

Hopefully the money would grow over time and I could gradually increase the allowance I paid out. The rest of my non direct family that had kept at least moderate contact with me over the years would just be the recipients of nice Christmas presents because in all honesty most of them haven't bothered to keep in touch.

My other big splurge of cash would be spent on a round the world trip seeing a lot of the places I've steamed about visiting over the years.

Edit- also have a couple of mates I'd look after long term.

I really wouldn't plan to splash a big wad of cash on anyone as they'd likely just think that once they shat that money away they could put their hand out again. Would make it perfectly clear that I personally planned to keep my main investment working for me and anyone close to me for life and that I'd be living pretty modestly for someone with a big investment. In all likelihood I'd probably set up a fishing charter and diving business or something as a hobby sort of job so I wasn't tempted to just go nuts with the money.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
1 mil to mum
1 mil to dad
1 mil to each of my 5 siblings
1 mil to my 3 best mates

Leaves me with 40 mil to invest in a few properties and enjoy my life
Come on dude, details. What would you buy?

I'd buy 5 houses with that $10,000,000 meaning I'll be getting about $2500 per week just sitting on my arse and collecting rent.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on dude, details. What would you buy?

I'd buy 5 houses with that $10,000,000 meaning I'll be getting about $2500 per week just sitting on my arse and collecting rent.
A nice house by balmoral.
A bar crusher.
Tesla roadster.
20 mil into properties