Will you renew your membership if Kevin is coach next year?

Will you renew your membership if Kevin is coach next year?

• No

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 64 71.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sorry Habib - I read that 4 times and still have no idea what you're trying to say ... :confused:

I think it's "we should be winning more to justify the crowds we get and until the fans leave earlier (and more often) nothing will change, because the hierarchy protects itself with fat crowds and sponsor dollars ... and you for one, are unsatisfied with it all." - Is that close ???
Yup. Around that. It's no so much about the fans leaving earlier, and it's got more to do with the fans showing a reaction. You've also got the club treading on a fine line of being reactionary. The club shouldn't be reactionary but should plan in advance in case things don't according to plan. We look like a club that has no plan for the future and are just going with the flow. This is evidenced by the sacking of Folkes, which was probably not justifiable in the circumstances. He had no roster to work with but was shown the door. Kevin has had everything Folkes didn't and we extended his contract. We have a strange hierarchy and we don't seem to work like other clubs.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For what it's worth to this discussion, I ****ing hate ANZ stadium, it's far too big for an NRL club to be holding regular season games at. It's not really a home game for us when we play there. So sack Moore. :p

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Yup. Around that. It's no so much about the fans leaving earlier, and it's got more to do with the fans showing a reaction. You've also got the club treading on a fine line of being reactionary. The club shouldn't be reactionary but should plan in advance in case things don't according to plan. We look like a club that has no plan for the future and are just going with the flow. This is evidenced by the sacking of Folkes, which was probably not justifiable in the circumstances. He had no roster to work with but was shown the door. Kevin has had everything Folkes didn't and we extended his contract. We have a strange hierarchy and we don't seem to work like other clubs.
Thanks for that ... I agree with lots of it, despite my recent theme of posts. I guess it also has something to do with an individual fans 'tipping point'.

For me, it's not all about 'wins' and 'premierships'. Sounds bizarre to a lot of you, but it's a learned thing. Seasons are full of peaks, troughs, valleys, plateaus, highs and lows. I cant justify the point of getting upset early when there's time to do something. I've learned it's often wasted energy, and it robs you of opportunities for fun.

As for premierships ... maybe I was just lucky to have been born early enough to experience the 80's first hand.

I prefer mindless wishful thinking (to the point of ridiculous in some cases) over fearing the worst because the writing on the wall looks bad. And I'm not saying there no point in analysis ... because I like that too. It's what makes the footy juicy !!! But analysis must come with context and usually (and sadly) it's either missing or biased.

In 2011 ... for me, the tipping point is yet to be reached.
Call it low standards, call it whatever ... there's still time to be having fun.

So in the meantime, why not hope for the best ?
I might just get what I want after all ... and none of the next 12 rounds will be filled with fear.

I know I went off track there ... just my 2 cents ... maybe a little more than that :p

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody that voted no has just outed themselves - their names should be listed so we can factor that into to any future posts they make.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the club finds a decent home ground I wont be renewing my membership. As For Moore, seriously if he is still around next year just watch the number of memberships decline rapidly.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for that ... I agree with lots of it, despite my recent theme of posts. I guess it also has something to do with an individual fans 'tipping point'.

For me, it's not all about 'wins' and 'premierships'. Sounds bizarre to a lot of you, but it's a learned thing. Seasons are full of peaks, troughs, valleys, plateaus, highs and lows. I cant justify the point of getting upset early when there's time to do something. I've learned it's often wasted energy, and it robs you of opportunities for fun.

As for premierships ... maybe I was just lucky to have been born early enough to experience the 80's first hand.

I prefer mindless wishful thinking (to the point of ridiculous in some cases) over fearing the worst because the writing on the wall looks bad. And I'm not saying there no point in analysis ... because I like that too. It's what makes the footy juicy !!! But analysis must come with context and usually (and sadly) it's either missing or biased.

In 2011 ... for me, the tipping point is yet to be reached.
Call it low standards, call it whatever ... there's still time to be having fun.

So in the meantime, why not hope for the best ?
I might just get what I want after all ... and none of the next 12 rounds will be filled with fear.

I know I went off track there ... just my 2 cents ... maybe a little more than that :p
Well said. Pretty much my feelings also.

Im happy enough for the luke warm fans to p1ss off. If you cant support the club when they arent going as well as you would like, you dont deserve to feel any glory or joy when they go well.

S

shutup

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do u think i am

i already canceled this years

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

We can defineately do without u, dont sweat it.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have been supporting the Dogs since 1984 and been through the good times and the bad times. At the moment i live in Brisbane, yet i still have a full season family membership. For me personally, if Moore is still coach next year then i will not renew my membership. I am not goin to fork out my hard earned money flying down to sydney with my Family to see us put in pathetic performances. In my opinion again, i put it down to Moore. I choose to vote with my feet and money. Just because im not goin to renew membership doesnt make me a sh*t fan or bandwagon supporter etc I love my dogs and will cheer them through thick n thin. I still went to most games in 2008 when we won the wooden spoon.
I believe its time for a change in the coaching ranks and if the heirarchy dont have the balls to make a change then they will lose some support from fans who are fed up with our on field performances.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
I have been supporting the Dogs since 1984 and been through the good times and the bad times. At the moment i live in Brisbane, yet i still have a full season family membership. For me personally, if Moore is still coach next year then i will not renew my membership. I am not goin to fork out my hard earned money flying down to sydney with my Family to see us put in pathetic performances. In my opinion again, i put it down to Moore. I choose to vote with my feet and money. Just because im not goin to renew membership doesnt make me a sh*t fan or bandwagon supporter etc I love my dogs and will cheer them through thick n thin. I still went to most games in 2008 when we won the wooden spoon.
I believe its time for a change in the coaching ranks and if the heirarchy dont have the balls to make a change then they will lose some support from fans who are fed up with our on field performances.
lol

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Respect.

I'm too weak and live in hope that we may still win the comp lol.

May downgrade and get a "student" GA membership next year if the rubbish continues.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Respect.

I'm too weak and live in hope that we may still win the comp lol.

May downgrade and get a "student" GA membership next year if the rubbish continues.
Then don't be there when we find glory.

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Then don't be there when we find glory.
Get over it. :rolleyes:

We pay dollars for membership and merchandise every year (and yes I have been a member for some years) so even though the club is happy that their pockets are being filled and the on-field performances are half-hearted, maybe the fans should take a stand together...unless you're happy with an underperforming team week in week out. Once he club gets the message that this is not acceptable (especially for a club of the Bulldogs standard) maybe they'll get off their bums and do something about it.
Its not as if we're going through a tough time, and even if we were, traditionally the Bulldogs rise to the occassion. We blitz the opposition when there is controversey, we thrive on it.
I'll be honest, I didn't expect much from this year but I didn't expect a game as effortless as last week.

dedezy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I will renew has no bearing I didn't join because of Kevin Moore so I'm not leaving because of him either.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I am not renewing my season tickets next season. Has nothing to do with Moore and everything with them ****ing me around with my seating arrangements.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will renew me membership until the club goes broke. I don't care who is coaching or if there are 13 Warburton's playing, I will be there.

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope we havent become the new transit lounge, where players come for the dollars and show no spirit to the club or fans.

And ricky booby is that comment called for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.